IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah maybe Keith

There is holo advertising already being developed and used, so I dont think its too far away

•••
•••
But perhaps domains will be a memory by the time this tech takes hold...if it ever does.

...and therein lies the rub.

But that is part and parcel of speculation in this technology. In essence, a cyber-solar flare comes and renders all extensions useless paving the way for the next techno-evolutionary step.

We well may be on the precipice of that but I am thinking there will be some time before it occurs. In the meantime while the horses still traverse the highway, the buggy whip factories will remain fully employed and commerce will proceed as normal...

•••
Yeah maybe Keith

There is holo advertising already being developed and used, so I dont think its too far away

I own HolographicAdvertising.com as well as HologramMarketing.com
Holo will undoubtedly be huge

As for some other 'Emerging Technologies' on the rise?

Most of my inquiries center around Telematics and this has become my hottest group of names at the moment... (V2X - Vehicle to Network.... V2V - Vehicle to Vehicle)... This market is maturing rapidly and is now unavoidable... in the process of changing the automobile industry forever.

Driver assisted cars as well as Autonomous cars

M2M - a branch off the IOT - this can mean either 'Machine to Machine' or 'Machine to Man'...

Haptics are coming closer and closer to mainstream by the day - very exciting tech, not just for us as individuals, but the medical industry is really doing some amazing things in this sector

Wearable Computing is all set to explode - but me personally, I've never been a big fan of product names with all the monopolies

T-Commerce is also very interesting (as well as confused)
There appears to be a tug of war over what this term will actually reference - Tablet Commerce and/or TV Commerce.... (Also dubbed Couch Commerce)
* I hand regged TCommerce.biz in January for $5 and sold this three months later for $550... Very cool developments here

Maybe not exactly 'new' or 'emerging' - but online advertising is changing rapidly with RTB Networks (Real Time Bidding)... The numbers being thrown around here are just insane

3d Projection Mapping is a very high profit industry and people can't get enough of it... I've actually been personally involved in this sector and believe me when I tell u - HUGE industry that keeps getting bigger

There's more I can share... But then I'd have to fight u all for the names.... hope that helps :)

Best of Luck

•••
^ this ^ is an example of what I was talking about earlier.

•••
and what example is that

•••
Look this is the reason we spent the time creating a separate thread, debating is not going to break out in this thread. By all means you think the names are crap, Dislike the post and talk about it on the other thread. Those who want a truly unbiased discussion of the topics should be reading both. I think they will both stay near the top of the forum.

•••
•••
Yes, most domainers will miss the "first mover advantage" for every trend, as critics like to point out. (Is it even possible... for 'most' to be 'First Movers'?)

In any case, its a bit like saying... if you missed the gold rush don't expect to get rich in California.

Of course, Levi Strauss came way late to the Gold Rush, but picked-up on a trend of gold miners quickly wearing-out their pants -so he turned the canvas from his covered wagon into 'overalls' and made more money selling jeans, aka "Blue Gold", than all the gold miners combined.

The point is, there are trends within trends... like TV in the Cloud. It is a trending 'product' within the Cloud Trend.

Like Levi, sometimes you have to create a (namespace) product, from foresight, and work to fill the space you occupy -to start a trend.

Its not just about "prediction", its also about (nurturing) actions.

For example; There will be 3D Printed product, and application, trends. I have 3DPrintURL.com, --betting most people won't buy a 3D printer but will use a Network 3D Printing service that matches job with the right 3D Printer.

•••
•••
Myriad Genetics shares soar on Court decision

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...yriad-genetics-supreme-court-ovarian/2419373/

...a trend in need is a trend indeed...

I've owned a couple of decent DNA and gene domains for a few years now.

Another thing to think about would be upcoming breakthroughs for stuff. For instance, with all the emphasis on gun control, the shortage of ammo isn't getting much attention. But why not go further and think about new ammunition--things like composite materials of some sort or hybrid materials to lighten the load. Powderless ammo.

•••
I believe the next big things are: Robo services, Big Data, Cloning, medical tech and recently vapor domains

I've had loads of offers on my Vapor names and Robo names these last few weeks - contemplating whether I sell them or not, especially the Robo names as I've had them since the early nineties.

•••
•••
technology including bot related domains names

•••
Was thinking about stuff like reserved movie seating and vaiable ticket prices based on seat location in movie theaters, but might be too late. Seems like there may be more activities this could apply to.

•••
•••
Huge trend going on these fields

wearables
driveables
flyables
scannables

its like wildfire

•••
Was thinking about stuff like reserved movie seating and vaiable ticket prices based on seat location in movie theaters, but might be too late. Seems like there may be more activities this could apply to.

I could see movie reservations taking off - last time I went to a movie it was assigned seating because of the special effects the movie had - I think all movies should be that way. it would also encourage people to book online for movies.

•••
Anyone got any updates on wearable tech as it looks like the next few months will see a boom in these as more and more products are released.

•••
Anyone got any updates on wearable tech as it looks like the next few months will see a boom in these as more and more products are released.

Glassomics are big.. that domain was reged in 1995 though

BionicFashion is a decent enough name registered yesterday by someone so I'm sure you can find something worthwhile.

The next few months will see a boom in lots of things including cats and normal fashion, I'm sure.

•••
wearable tech: from google glass, iwatch, smart tech clothes, health bands and so on the industry looks quite promising.

all the major tech + sports companies have something coming out for wearable.

•••
I got these 3 in that niche, all hand-regged

ClothingTec.com
ClothingTek.com
BionicFashion.co.uk

•••
•••
•••

:talk:

once you start wearing wearable tech items "voluntarily", then resistance has ended....

as you are now being assimilated

and "imbedded" will be your next new device from there

bio-tech .org

BTW: .info is the new trend

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back