IT.COM
Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you do a Google search for "hearables", there's only one result on page one (#9) that has anything to do with this tech. I think that says a lot, and no I don't think the term is going anywhere. Zero sales on Namebio isn't a good sign, either.

IMHO it sounds stupid, and "wearables" is probably broad enough to include "hearables" anyway...

Someone wanted to start a new buzz word, and it didn't go anywhere (for good reason). I say we let it die already.

Nice, that's probably one of the only "hearable" domains that's potentially worth anything.

Why would a company want a "hearable" domain even if they did launch such a product?

I don't know where you're Googling from, but my page 1 is full of hearable articles. Yes, this term could fade away, but to say the term "hasn't gone anywhere" is rubbish.

The fact is, hearables haven't really hit the shelves yet. The most anticipated, and perhaps the first hearable - the Bragi Dash - is still yet to be shipped. And there are a whole raft of other start ups that are nearly finished product development and getting ready to release.

The real reason I think hearables will catch on though is from a medical perspective. Hearing loss is an epidemic, and people don't seek out help because of the stigma around hearing aids. Rebranding as "hearables" and adding all new cool bionic features can help change the public perception around hearing devices, as well as bringing the cost way down.

“Hearing loss is a big problem among baby boomers — but their propensity to solve it with hearing aids? Not so much. In 2012, there were 4.5 million of those aged 50-59 with hearing loss, but only 4.5% wearing hearing aids. Hearing aids are associated with the stigma of aging — but facts are facts. Hearing issues may be attributed to overly loud rock bands from long ago. Hearing aids are costly and typically not covered by insurance, irritating to wear.”http://www.xhealthtech.com/blog/hearables-hearing-technology-boomers-and-beyond

Or perhaps check out this perspective from audiologists -
http://hearinghealthmatters.org/hearingeconomics/2015/medical-device-consumer-electronics-gadget/
http://justaudiologystuff.com/index.php/hearables-dont-worry-will-know-soon-enough/
http://justaudiologystuff.com/index.php/integrated-medical-devices-hearables-and-opportunity/

That's where the market is and it's massive. From a consumer electronics point of view, yes, they're more likely to try and brand their devices under their own names - Bragi, Elbee, FreeWavz, ReSound, SoundHawk etc.. But the subtle change in rebranding "hearing aids" to "hearables" is a massive boom to audiologists and those who work in the hearing loss industry.

•••
How you'll chat, flirt and say Happy Birthday with wearable tech in 2020

https://www.wareable.com/wearable-tech/communication-messaging-will-emojis-die-1607

Wearable tech won't just tweak how we chat, it will also alter who - or what - we chat to. As Google Now, Siri and Cortana use speech recognition algorithms and machine learning to become more sophisticated, we will have more and more conversational ... voice conversations with our AI assistants via hearables, brooch-like communicators and smart home hubs.

Wearables including Disney's new Playmation line and the Apple Watch are also taking advantage of the role imagination has to play when we don't want to spend 12 hours looking at a screen.

Watch games like Lifeline and Spy_Watch use its push notification functionality to send smartwatch gamers messages from in-game characters (in these cases, an astronaut and a rookie spy) and voice companies like Nuance have confirmed it is working on working on conversational voice interactions with Telltale Games-style titles.

Happy Birthday in 2020
The year is 2020 and I'm turning 32 (yikes). As soon as I pop my almost invisible hearable into my ear, a stream of adorable voice notes from my friends, family, AI assistant and best-loved fictional characters start playing.

I get nudges to my slim, semi precious bracelets every time I receive a message containing the word 'birthday' and an AR treasure hunt to find my gifts. I have two parties - one real, one virtual so everyone can make it - and I'm late to both of them. And, possibly because they've forgotten how to spell, my friends send me 2020's trendiest birthday emojis.

•••
•••
•••
I'll believe in the market for hearable domains when I see some sales....

I'm sure by then it'll be too late and you hearable fans will be rich, though!

I don't know where you're Googling from, but my page 1 is full of hearable articles.
My bad, I meant to say I tried the singular hearable. The plural does give lots of results, you're right.

Still not seeing much need for most hearable domains even if it were to take off... maybe a small handful of winners, that's it.

•••
registered as FT domain name and its reality now :

UHDOledTVs (HugeDomains has the singular)
OledTV . site

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Next big thing ... I will go with autonomous car, driverless car and self driving car

•••
marijuana legalization is coming soon!! I am excited for those domains to soar!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
65oledtv - it was FTDN as registered and now its real - there are 65" Oled TVs coming on market or are already on market .

•••

Aren't most baby names taken, at least in .com? Or do you mean made-up or variant names?

My guess would be US baby names are mostly taken, not sure about other european/asian names

•••
Health has always held huge potentials for almost any business. With the way technology is evolving, I think something big is about to happen in the field of high tech healing (or faster healing).

Searching for "high tech healing" on Google will reveal this potential

•••
•••
I picked up Hovaround.com the other day for that reason :)

That would go nice with my HovaBoard and also have HovBoard both in king ;)

By the way had a direct contact with someone here in the UK for HovaBoard a few weeks back via text message and also phone call but it was too much of a low ball offer so had to pass but i give the guy credit as he offered 3 times starting at £XX and ending up at low to mid £XXX

•••
I would definitely hold on to it for now, in the next years it's bound to be worth mid XXXX or maybe more imo

•••
I own

H D R m o d e
H D R s c r e e n
H D R s c r e e n s

I reg'd
reflective display
reflective lcd
1 - 10% of power usage than regular screens.

Next big thing ... I will go with autonomous car, driverless car and self driving car

I agree. Reg'd
Unmanned.tech
Autonomous.tech
Appliance.tech

•••
One of the first mistakes in domaining that I learned is that "display", "TV" and "screen" domains related to *future technologies* and individual, specific technologies don't sell well. It's because

1) The manufacturers market these things on their own sites...

2) These features are not individual products that will be marketed to consumers. They're just add-ons that are not worth making sites (domains) about.

For example a search for "Curved" will pull up nothing on Namebio.com. Oled will pull up little to nothing and so on.

•••
One of the first mistakes in domaining that I learned is that "display", "TV" and "screen" domains related to *future technologies* and individual, specific technologies don't sell well. It's because

1) The manufacturers market these things on their own sites...

2) These features are not individual products that will be marketed to consumers. They're just add-ons that are not worth making sites (domains) about.

For example a search for "Curved" will pull up nothing on Namebio.com. Oled will pull up little to nothing and so on.
other words - you are saying OledTV.com is worth low $$$$ ? You don't know you are talking about here !

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back