NameSilo

New to domaining the community and ready to learn more.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Moore

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I'm Gary or K4ot1K (online and xbox). I currently live in Matzenbach, Germany but am originally from Indiana. I'm still a novice, but am here to connect with others and learn as much as I can.

I started getting into domains about a year ago, and started getting serious about 4 months ago. I have learned a lot, but my core focus right now is to learn the selling side. Socializing and reaching out to potential buyers is my biggest failure as I am not so outgoing.

I'm currently working on growing and expanding my websites dailydomaining.xyz & naturallymoore.com as well as learning how to monetize my domains. In the short term I would like to have a regular flow of sales to help build up my ability to acquire better domains. But for the long term, I would like to have a good balanced portfolio with half being liquid and making regular sales, a quarter being developed and a quarter of them being good solid long term investment names. The first domain I remember buying is LINKINGHISTORY.COM back in early 2013. Which I still have this name. I have started to build it out a couple times with no traction. The idea was to make a site that would link a person between history research and travel plans to the place they were researching.

I got into domaining after running across Domain Sherpa and finding out that this was a real thing. I am fascinated with domain names and the idea of working with them combined with already trying to build a web based business just seemed like the ultimate idea.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you! Happy to be here.

•••
Hi there Gary, welcome to the forum :)

•••
•••
Hi Gerry!
Welcome to the forum B-)

•••
•••
Welcome to the namepros forum.

•••
Hi Hello Gary Moore, Welcome to Namepros

•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NP Gary :)

Nice intro

•••
•••
•••
Awesome day! I pretty much never get involved in anything social. But I thought "what the hell" and jumped into NP with both feet and got such a warm welcome. No bashing for my lack of knowledge; polite answers to several questions I have had. I just wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me to the site and into the community and not making me feel like such a Noob. I have been in tech for my whole life, but as a graphic artist and audio video production. So Domaining is a whole new world for me. I find it refreshing, fun and so interesting. And I see a huge potential to build up an investment as well as help me move into a future of working from home (my dream). I'm in my 40s and going into anything new like this you usually run into all the people that treat you like an idiot or a kid for not knowing something. I'm to old and have done to much to put up with that. So, thank you. It's really appreciated.

•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros!

Best of luck with your development plans and Domaining :)

•••
•••
Hey Gary :)

Awesome Intro

Guess we already met, it started out with a scam mail though :P You are a really interesting guy, I am pretty sure you will be a valuable member to the community and the domaining field :)

Welcome to the community buddy :D

Regards and Best Wishes

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back