Payoneer

New Namesilo Marketplace

Discussion in 'Domain Marketplace Reviews' started by cocaseco, Nov 10, 2015.

Replies:
Views:

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Thanks for pointing that out. I've managed to sort out a multi-domain hosting deal, and I've been making my own landing pages with a link to the Name Silo market site page. It's a bit of extra work, but it seems that it could be worth the effort.

There is a danger that Google will penalise me for cross-linking too many domains, so I think it is important to have most of the links going one way, and not to cross-link domains for sale with each other, but to use a domains for sale listing page to give surfers offers.

What structure do other sellers use?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. namesilo

namesilo Active Member NameSilo Staff

Hi @Arca - I wanted to provide an update on this topic...

We have been internally discussing for several days. We have decided not to permit changing the option for payment plan while in negotiations (open offers) on a sale. We certainly understand and are sensitive to the points you have made regarding having a Buyer ready to pay full price upfront, and then the same Buyer seeing a payment plan is available after agreeing to the full price and the fact that the end result could be payments over a long period of time - and there are people here who argued to allow removing payment plans while in negotiations. However, the consensus internally is that permitting this could lead to a negative experience for Buyers who believed a payment plan would be an option when entering negotiations. To have that Buyer then go to setup a payment plan on a sale only to find that it is no longer available would lead to a bad experience, and possibly even open us to the possibility of charge back in the event that Buyer has a method of payment stored in our system should they not want to complete the purchase and our system bills them automatically.

However, as a possible work around, while not perfect, we would suggest the following:
    • Agree to price with the Buyer
    • Reject their agreed upon offer and include a note that you will place the domain for sale again immediately following the rejection
    • Modify the sale to disallow payment plan and change price to agreed upon price (our system will also notify them a change has been made as they had previously submitted an offer on the domain)
    • Buyer returns to purchase the domain
    Again, we understand that adding steps to the purchase process could put the sale at risk. This is however the best option we can think of given the scenario you presented in light of our decision to disallow removing payment plans as an option while active negotiations are ongoing. We just feel that Buyers could have a negative experience if this was permitted - almost feeling as though there was a bait and switch.

We always endeavor to add as much functionality and flexibility as possible for our Sellers to run their sales however they see fit. We would be happy to continue this conversation and are curious as to your response given what we have written here, and invite anyone else on this thread to share their ideas, feedback, etc. as well.

Thanks as always for your suggestions and sorry that we were unable to implement your request at this time. We are always open to hearing back and maybe there is a solution that will satisfy your requirements and our concerns regarding Buyer experience.

3. namesilo

Hi @carob - Are you referring to the pages within our Marketplace, or landing pages for domain sales? Thanks

4. carob

carob Active Member VIP

Hi I meant individual landing page for domain that is listed for sale at Namesilo so in browser address bar you see mydomain.com

5. namesilo

Thanks. I see it now. That code was on 2 of our templates, but we have now removed it. May take a week or so to filter out to all caching servers. Thanks for noticing and bringing to our attention!

6. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

Thank you for seriously looking into it. I’m of a different mind when it comes to what the buyer believe/is lead to believe by the system, when they go into off/counter offer negotiations, but I understand your position and why you feel the need to retain the system in its current form.

I recently had another buyer state during negotiations that he had zero interest in/intention of paying with a payment plan, and that he would pay in full. I accepted his offer based on his “promise” to pay in full. Shortly after he set up a payment plan to pay for the domain over several months. That this kind of thing keeps happening and that we as sellers have no control over it is annoying, but I’ll just accept it as a necessary drawback to an otherwise well-functioning system. Rejecting the offer and relisting the domain for sale at the agreed upon price would be very disruptive and could easily lead to misunderstandings that could jeopardize the sale. Triggering an email with the subject line telling them their offer has been rejected, and then including a small text note inside that email that their offer has actually been accepted, seems like a recipe for potentially losing sales, so that's not a method I would recommend anyone to try (you have no guarantee they will even notice the “acceptance” note included with the rejection notification email, some buyers might "rage delete" the rejection email in a knee-jerk reaction once they see their offer has been "rejected", without opening it).

Again, thanks for giving this issue some serious discussion internally. Maybe if more sellers eventually start to bring it up you might reconsider your position on it down the line.

7. namesilo

Thanks for your understanding, and, again, we certainly understand where you're coming from. We remain open to hearing back on any other ideas or also feedback from anyone else on this topic as we continue to strive toward the best Marketplace possible.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!