Dynadot

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding additional landing page designs, maybe you could introduce one with a payment plan button and include some data to promote this option. Maybe something along the lines of buy now for $2000 OR get this domain today for just $153.8, followed by 12 monthly payments of $153.8.

Would also be great if you could introduce another landing page template that is integrated directly with the namesilo.com site (like template #1).

Thanks, we actually have a few ideas we're kicking around this week. Should have an update before too long...

•••
Can we rent out a domain name at NameSilo marketplace? No fix period, buyer will continue to pay every month as long as he wants to use the domain? Would be a great feature.

We have actually been looking into this of late, and I think it is something that will be added. May take a little, but definitely on the road map!

•••
Do you support EUR payments from the buyers?
Or USD only?

•••
Do you support EUR payments from the buyers?
Or USD only?

Just USD currently for credit/debit cards, PayPal, Skrill and AliPay. However, for wires they can send in any currency. Also, Bitcoin is available and tied to BTC->USD exchange rate.

•••
But how to list my domain(s) on your marketplace in EUR? Then buyer will be able to checkout them via EUR wire...
This is possible?

I'm asking, because I see only USD-listings on your markeplace...

•••
But how to list my domain(s) on your marketplace in EUR? Then buyer will be able to checkout them via EUR wire...
This is possible?

I'm asking, because I see only USD-listings on your markeplace...

Sorry, but we currently only support listing sales in USD. Adding additional currency support is something we have been considering, but currently no ETA.

•••
Another big update to announce....

We have just implemented a complete re-design of the sales page for our BIN (offer/counter-offer) landing page template in our Marketplace. The design is now very streamlined and simplified and reacts based upon the configuration options you select for your sale. I've attached a "before" and "after" image for this page.

Please keep in mind that if yours is a "Pure BIN" sale (meaning the reserve equals the Buy Now price), this page is skipped entirely and anybody who would have ended up there (from our Marketplace, landing page, etc) gets the domain automatically added to their cart or to the payment plan setup page since there are no options selected to receive offers at a lower price.

Anyway, take a look when you have a minute and let us know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 58
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 67
•••
Buyer should never have to pay fees. Especially, on x,xxx - xx,xxx sales. We are making so much let's not be greedy it's bad karma.
@namesilo

Can you please add the option where buyer pays fees in addition to the agreed price or the fees is split between the buyer and seller, like Escrow.com. It will be very useful for me. Because when I use Escrow.com, and the buyer and I agree to a price, say $2000, I just let him know he will have to pay additional escrow fees but when using namesilo marketplace, I feel it's awkward to ask them to pay $2060 when we agreed at a price of $2000.

At Escrow.com, it's also clear to the buyer that if he wants to pay less fees, he needs to use wire transfer instead of PayPal/CC but at NameSilo, the buyer will probably use the easy method of paying via PayPal/CC and 7.5% fees will get deducted from the sale price. So I will have to specifically tell the buyer that he must pay via wire.

Not a big deal but will help.

Thanks a lot!

•••
Another big update to announce....

We have just implemented a complete re-design of the sales page for our BIN (offer/counter-offer) landing page template in our Marketplace. The design is now very streamlined and simplified and reacts based upon the configuration options you select for your sale. I've attached a "before" and "after" image for this page.

Please keep in mind that if yours is a "Pure BIN" sale (meaning the reserve equals the Buy Now price), this page is skipped entirely and anybody who would have ended up there (from our Marketplace, landing page, etc) gets the domain automatically added to their cart or to the payment plan setup page since there are no options selected to receive offers at a lower price.

Anyway, take a look when you have a minute and let us know what you think. Thanks!

I like it. Much clearer and easier for the buyer to understand. (y)

•••
Just reviewed a few forsale pages in a new format.

@namesilo you did a great job :)

My 2 cents to consider:

- linking to google fonts, or anything else google-powered, may slow the pageload process for Chinese visitors, as google is blocked in China, and so is their fonts service. At least this was the case some time ago. Chinese visitors will still see the page though, but more slowly and with their default fonts, where english letters may or may not be cool. Of course this issue is not NameSilo code specific in any aspect, most sites with english as basic language do not specifically care about Chinese visitors, but a domain-for-sale page, probably, should...

- Contact Us forms asking for name and email on non-https pages should soon show unsecure warnings in google chrome (if not already). Google emailed this "good news" to webmasters some time ago. Pages I reviewed were non-https with the domain name itself shown in address bar (not namesilo .com / something / domain ).

Last edited:
•••
Just reviewed a few forsale pages in a new format.

@namesilo you did a great job :)

My 2 cents to consider:

- linking to google fonts, or anything else google-powered, may slow the pageload process for Chinese visitors, as google is blocked in China, and so is their fonts service. At least this was the case some time ago. Chinese visitors will still see the page though, but more slowly and with their default fonts, where english letters may or may not be cool. Of course this issue is not NameSilo code specific in any aspect, most sites with english as basic language do not specifically care about Chinese visitors, but a domain-for-sale page, probably, should...

- Contact Us forms asking for name and email on non-https pages should soon show unsecure warnings in google chrome (if not already). Google emailed this "good news" to webmasters some time ago. Pages I reviewed were non-https with the domain name itself shown in address bar (not namesilo .com / something / domain ).

Hi @tonyk2000 - and thanks for the note!

Your point on linking externally to Google for fonts is a very good one. We will make that adjustment shortly, and it will filter out through our caching network before too long.

Your second point regarding contact forms over HTTP is also a good one. This "good news" will of course have huge ripple effects across the web, and we are looking into options to see if we can get https dynamically loading for landing pages. If we are unable to do so, and security warnings are thrown, and we may then make it an option for people to redirect their domain to a namesilo.com/something equivalent that can load over https. This is definitely on our radar.

Thanks again for the great feedback!

•••
@namesilo - Could you build in a minimum offer expiry period into the "Offer Expires" form on the offer-counter offer page? Many buyers make offers and set the offer to expire on the same day. Some just give you a few hours to respond. This changes the negotiation dynamic unfavorably for sellers. This also means we have to be alert and ready to log in and respond to offers at any time, every day, or else and offer may be made and expire before we become aware of its existence. When somebody makes you an offer on Sedo or Afternic, their offer is valid and binding for 7 days. You don't necessarily have to make every offer be valid for at least 7 days, but would it be possible for you to "gray out" at least two days (or more) on that offer validity period calendar, so that offers made by buyers will be valid for at least a set minimum period?

Also, how does your system deal with time-zones when it comes to offer validity? For example, if a buyer in China sets an offer to be valid until 2017-11-12 10:00, when will that offer expire for a European seller? According to the Chinese buyer's local time, the European seller's local time, or according to an American time-zone that neither of them is in? The conundrum here is that Beijing is 16 hours ahead of Los Angeles, while Berlin is 7 hours behind Beijing (and Beijing, in turn, is 3 hours behind Sydney). Due to the international nature of domain sales, it would probably be better to let buyers/sellers set days of offer validity, rather than dates of offer validity (since these dates and times are going to be out-of wack between buyers/sellers in various time-zones around the world).

•••
@namesilo - Could you build in a minimum offer expiry period into the "Offer Expires" form on the offer-counter offer page? Many buyers make offers and set the offer to expire on the same day. Some just give you a few hours to respond. This changes the negotiation dynamic unfavorably for sellers. This also means we have to be alert and ready to log in and respond to offers at any time, every day, or else and offer may be made and expire before we become aware of its existence. When somebody makes you an offer on Sedo or Afternic, their offer is valid and binding for 7 days. You don't necessarily have to make every offer be valid for at least 7 days, but would it be possible for you to "gray out" at least two days (or more) on that offer validity period calendar, so that offers made by buyers will be valid for at least a set minimum period?

Also, how does your system deal with time-zones when it comes to offer validity? For example, if a buyer in China sets an offer to be valid until 2017-11-12 10:00, when will that offer expire for a European seller? According to the Chinese buyer's local time, the European seller's local time, or according to an American time-zone that neither of them is in? The conundrum here is that Beijing is 16 hours ahead of Los Angeles, while Berlin is 7 hours behind Beijing (and Beijing, in turn, is 3 hours behind Sydney). Due to the international nature of domain sales, it would probably be better to let buyers/sellers set days of offer validity, rather than dates of offer validity (since these dates and times are going to be out-of wack between buyers/sellers in various time-zones around the world).

Thanks for the suggestion. We have now implemented a minimum offer duration of 72 hours.

Regarding time zones, our system runs entirely off of our local time in Arizona.

If we get further feedback of confusion regarding offer durations, we may simply implement a number of days selection. We typically try to provide as much flexibility as possible (for both Buyers and Sellers) which is why the current system allows setting to the exact minute, but we also strive to remove any confusion from the process.

Thanks again for the feedback.

•••
Two more suggestions for @namesilo :

- please allow to set "dns server profiles", I mean pre-configured sets. Each time I need to assign or change DNS for a number of domains to lets say my webhosting company, it becomes necessary to type or copypaste my desired dns server names. It would be more convinient to have the sets of dns I use more frequently saved somewhere inside namesilo account, each set with some short unique name. This section may start with just one default "namesilo dns dnsowl" set.

Also, unless I missed or overlooked something, the following features are not available in namesilo dns manager:

1) Wildcard dns records: (*)

2) Wildcard forwarding: (*.mydomain.com)

It however has "cloaked forwarding", something that is in many cases incompatible with modern technologies in different aspects - frames (deprecated in html5), cookie tracking (may be unavailable if the site is opened in a frame), http-vs-https security warnings during forwarding etc. Anybody still knowingly using cloaked forwarding @ namesilo ? If no, then this feature can be safely disabled (or probably should be disabled)

The last but not the least, NameSilo may gain many new registrations and transfers just by adding a specific "ANAME" dns record type into its dns manager. It is a cname for naked domain. Yes it returns A record as dns rfc requires, but internally it is still CNAME. Many developers on heroku, amazon and other platforms are actively looking for this feature, and very few dns providers support it. Since this forum is not about such specific dns management aspects, I'll not post more details about this feature here, but a ggl search for ANAME will show why is this feature necessary.

Last edited:
•••
Two more suggestions for @namesilo :

- please allow to set "dns server profiles", I mean pre-configured sets. Each time I need to assign or change DNS for a number of domains to lets say my webhosting company, it becomes necessary to type or copypaste my desired dns server names. It would be more convinient to have the sets of dns I use more frequently saved somewhere inside namesilo account, each set with some short unique name. This section may start with just one default "namesilo dns dnsowl" set.

Also, unless I missed or overlooked something, the following features are not available in namesilo dns manager:

1) Wildcard dns records: (*)

2) Wildcard forwarding: (*.mydomain.com)

It however has "cloaked forwarding", something that is in many cases incompatible with modern technologies in different aspects - frames (deprecated in html5), cookie tracking (may be unavailable if the site is opened in a frame), http-vs-https security warnings during forwarding etc. Anybody still knowingly using cloaked forwarding @ namesilo ? If no, then this feature can be safely disabled (or probably should be disabled)

The last but not the least, NameSilo may gain many new registrations and transfers just by adding a specific "ANAME" dns record type into its dns manager. It is a cname for naked domain. Yes it returns A record as dns rfc requires, but internally it is still CNAME. Many developers on heroku, amazon and other platforms are actively looking for this feature, and very few dns providers support it. Since this forum is not about such specific dns management aspects, I'll not post more details about this feature here, but a ggl search for ANAME will show why is this feature necessary.

Hi @tonyk2000 - thanks for the note...

We actually do permit wildcard DNS entries. You can add a wildcard record by using "*" as the hostname.

Sorry, but we do not currently permit wildcard sub-domain forwarding, but we do offer explicit sub-domain forwarding (https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Sub~Domain-Forwarding).

We also do offer setting up your own custom DNS templates. This works by allowing you to save as many templates as you like which can then be applied to up to 500 domains at a time via the Domain Manager page. I am not personally aware of other DNS providers that offer this option, so it is something we are quite proud of.

We still do have many customers using cloaked forwarding - despite some of the issues you raised above. Our goal is to provide as many options as possible and to allow people to choose what is best for them.

We do not currently offer ANAME records, but we likely will in the future. It is a bit confusing to us as to why some service providers (such as those you mentioned above) utilize ANAMEs given that it requires a work-around (CNAME flattening) to published RFC specifications. Still, since some people do want to use these records, it is something we have had on our "list" for some time, but have not quite gotten around to adding. In the meantime, some providers do offer CNAME flattening such as CloudFlare which does so for free.

If you have questions on any of the above, I may recommend that you email [email protected] since the topic of this thread is more geared toward our Marketplace :)

Thanks again for the suggestions, they are always very much appreciated.

•••
Thank you so much @namesilo

Indeed, wildcard dns records are available and this is good news.

Here:
We also do offer setting up your own custom DNS templates
I did not mean the content of dns zones hosted on your dns. Those temaplates are indeed available. I meant sets of dns server names "ns1.someparking.com,ns2.someparking.com" saved as "my favorite parking" template, "ns1.somehosting.com,ns2.somehosting.com" saved as "my hosting" template.
Maybe I overlooked something. OK, more appropriate for tech support anyway...

•••
I have a feature request not specific to the marketplace, but I hope I can post it here:

In the Domain Manager section, it would be nice if it were possible to include only the extensions that a customer owns in the advanced search field. As it is now, all extensions offered by NameSilo appear.

Thanks.

•••
I have a feature request not specific to the marketplace, but I hope I can post it here:

In the Domain Manager section, it would be nice if it were possible to include only the extensions that a customer owns in the advanced search field. As it is now, all extensions offered by NameSilo appear.

Thanks.

Hello. Please email [email protected] and we are happy to consider all requests. Thanks!

•••

Thanks.

I was just notified that the request you made has been implemented and should be available on the site already. Thanks

•••
I was just notified that the request you made has been implemented and should be available on the site already. Thanks

Yes, it is already in place. That is awesome! Thank you.

•••
@namesilo - A few feature suggestions you can consider implementing at some point:

- Saving a wire transfer payout profile. All the wire transfer details have to be filled in with great attentiveness each time to ensure that the money is sent to the right bank account, and I anxiously check the info I've filled in over and over before submitting the wire transfer payout order. Would be really convenient if we could have a wire transfer payout profile on file instead. I also have to say, NameSilo wire transfer payouts work really well - I get access to the funds in my bank account faster and more smoothly than I've done with any other marketplace or escrow provider.

- Can you make it easier to locate and camel case new marketplace listings? The bulk camel case function is already great, and makes it really easy to update the letter casing of a large amount of domains. But if you have a lot of domains listed and camel cased already, and transfer-in and list another 50-100 new listings every now and then, it's pretty inconvenient to change the letter case for just those new listings. At least I haven't figured out any better way than going through my entire portfolio each time to camel case the new listings (so scrolling through mostly camel cased domains, looking for the few that I haven't updated). Maybe you could add a 'show only lower case' domains filter? That would make it a lot more effective to locate the listings that need to be updated.

- If we include a note when we accept an offer, do you forward it to buyer? When we accept an offer and include a note, that note does not show up in the negotiation history, so I am assuming it might not be forwarded to the buyer. I might be wrong here as I don't know whether the buyer actually receives such notes, but if it is indeed not forwarded to buyer, it would be good if you could make the change so that buyer does get the note.

- Block bots from sites like archive.org and screenshots.com. These sites record the landing page with BIN price. Some end-users dig up this info during negotiations and then use it against you if the domain had a lower BIN price in the past. I'd rather not have end-users (or anyone else for that matter) be able to access past pricing history in this way.

- Not related to the marketplace but could you implement an export selected domains to a csv file function? So if we select certain domains and click on the export csv file button, we get only the selected domains, rather than the entire portfolio. Alternatively, an export from folder option. Right now it's only possible to export the entire portfolio to a csv file.

•••
Saving a wire transfer payout profile
Even though may be convinient in some cases, such a change would be incompatible with normal security settings. Less sensitive info theoretically accessible from internet is always better. What if namesilo system or db will be hacked someday. Nobody is guaranteed. I saw no issues with filling bankwire details as bankwire form fileds (at least with my browser settings) were "remembered" and appeared immediately after 1 mouse click if I did not clear cache/cookies/whatever. I'd prefer to see no changes in this aspect.

•••
Even though may be convinient in some cases, such a change would be incompatible with normal security settings. Less sensitive info theoretically accessible from internet is always better. What if namesilo system or db will be hacked someday. Nobody is guaranteed. I saw no issues with filling bankwire details as bankwire form fileds (at least with my browser settings) were "remembered" and appeared immediately after 1 mouse click if I did not clear cache/cookies/whatever. I'd prefer to see no changes in this aspect.
I did not suggest making it required for everyone to have a payout wire transfer profile on file. I said it would be great if we could have this option (i.e. an optional convenience for those who wish to take advantage of it, not a mandatory requirement that should be imposed on all users). For example, you can still enter sales listing details every time you list a domain for sale, even though we also have the new option of saving sales listing profiles. The option of saving a sales profile did not eliminate the option of setting up a sale every single time you want to do so.

So even if they give users the option to save a payout profile doesn't mean you have to use this setting. You can still type in the wire transfer details each time like you are doing now. I am not sure how introducing this feature would have any impact on your preference for typing in the details each time? You can simple chose not to save a payout profile. It's not like this is some unprecedented feature in the industry - the biggest domain name marketplaces let you save payout profiles (including for wire transfers).

That said, I do care about protecting my personal info; for example I refuse to send government ID and copies of a whole range of other sensitive documents to escrow.com - firstly, due to the sensitive nature of such documents in terms of identity theft, and secondly because of the way they seem to manage their business after they were bought, and I just do not trust them to securely keep such documents. I assume you are not an escrow.com user as well due to their incompatibility with your security preferences?

However, my deposit account number is truly one of the least sensitive of all personal information I have to share as a domainer in this industry (the number is not connected to anything, in the way a credit card number can be, and the only way to withdraw money from this account is via an ATM or in a bank in person), and frankly, NameSilo getting hacked and somebody obtaining this account number is not something I'm worried about. All the other info we fill in besides the name and acc number is just the corporate info of some big bank; has nothing to do with me personally. And if they really get hacked on day, it's super easy to change the account number. So personally I feel the benefits of being able to save the wire transfer details outweighs the possible drawback of NameSilo getting hacked one day. I've had an international wire transfers go wrong, and getting that kind of thing can be really difficult to fix... I'd really prefer to have piece of mind each time I initiate a wire transfer payout of thousands of dollars knowing that the transfer details are 100% correct and there won't be any problems with receiving the funds.

•••
I would be 100% fine if such a feature will be 100% optional, meaning that I would not be required to save any aspects of my payout profile within the system so that the system will still be able to take my payout details each time I enter them from the very beginning to the end, and, most notably, will not show them even to me next time I login :). I do not mean that they should be saved with namesilo online db but hidden from my view, I mean that they should not be saved in any online part of namesilo.com system at all.

As a side note, even though I did not yet use credit card account funding @ name silo , I'd appreciate if exactly the same happened with a cc pay-in option should I elect to start using credit card someday. Unfortunately, in some cases of popular domaining providers not only I see full (or partially hidden) cc number, which is not good in any mode, but also cvv/cvc number which thing visa/master/amex explicitly disallow to be saved on merchants end, encrypted or not :(

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure how introducing this feature would have any impact on your preference
Namesilo is very fast with implementing most if not all requests :) Your post might possibly be interpreted as an "upgraded" feature request without explicit "100% volunatary" setting, if not by @namesilo forum member - then by their programmers...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back