Dynadot

New DNJournal Cover Story: Why Brian Null’s Family Bet the Farm On His Golf Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The November Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com and you can take the headline literally. Brian Null and his wife took a second mortgage on their home to buy GolfCourses.com, the cornerstone of his rapidly growing golf domain network.

As you probably know from past articles, I love good human interest stories and Brian's is one of the best. He's been bouncing all over America since the day he was born, but has finally settled down in one place and found his calling in the domain business where he is one of the industry's rising stars. Read all about it through the link below:

Going for Broke: Why Brian Null’s Family Bet the Farm On His Golf Domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I hope your wife has read this very inspiration piece of domain journalism, duke. When are you applying for your second mortgage? :)

My 2 cents is that development of domains today has moved beyond just generating site content.

As the CEO of Sun once said, we are now in the age of Participation. The explosion of blogs and CGM.biz (consumer-generated media), of vibrant online communities and borderless networking opportunities, the evidence is overflowing. That's what makes the Web so differentiating in form and nature from any other pervasive media.

When Bill Gates admitted that "the sea of change is upon us", I believe he meant it with all regret, the "s*, I missed that opportunity again" feeling.

He who rules the virtual communities, in today's state of the Internet, rules the world. And virtual communities, don't care two hoots about whether you are a .COM or not.

•••
mole said:
He who rules the virtual communities, in today's state of the Internet, rules the world. And virtual communities, don't care two hoots about whether you are a .COM or not.

Hi Mole. Does this mean that you think the .vc cctld could take off in a while. VC for St. Vincent & Grenadines but easily memorable for Virtual Community (I hope).

•••
Halobitt said:
Hi Mole. Does this mean that you think the .vc cctld could take off in a while. VC for St. Vincent & Grenadines but easily memorable for Virtual Community (I hope).

:blink: I'm sure the virtual communities in St. Vincent and Grenadines think so.

•••
Great quotes:

"He said I was at a branch in life and now had an opportunity to choose a different direction. He talked to me about betting on myself as an entrepreneur"

"This is where you expect to read how that business was an instant success. It wasn’t."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back