IT.COM

Netfirms.com $1.99 .COMs. 2 year registration for $5.98

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Netfirms.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $1.99 for the first year.

$5.98 for two year registrations.

Use coupon code HACKNY and get it for $1.39 for first year or $4.19 for 2 years registrations.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is the push option going to be back??Because netfirms just turned from a lowcost godaddy to a expensive 1and1

you think they owe you a push function? come on. it's not an icann rule.
you don't like the site and discounts, close your account.
there are more than enough other people who appreciate them overall to share into the extra transfer/reg credits that'll become available after your departure. wtf.

•••
ok just spoke to live support. the $1.99 is over? is it?

•••
you think they owe you a push function? come on. it's not an icann rule.
you don't like the site and discounts, close your account.
there are more than enough other people who appreciate them overall to share into the extra transfer/reg credits that'll become available after your departure. wtf.
No need to take it personally man.I never said they owed me.But I am a customer to them and I made a point.Thing you would get if ever start a business of your own.Also,try and remove all the VRs from your signature and put "I get offended everytime someone post in a forum"

•••
Hey guys,

I just transferred a domain to netfirms last month and I got a confirmation email that the domain is transferred successfully. However, when I access the domain from my netfirms account, it is again asking for my transfer code. So I went back to where the domain was previously reg'd and I couldn't access code. Whois info shows netfirms as the registrar, but the domain still has old nameservers. Does anyone know what could be the reason?

•••
Hey guys,

I just transferred a domain to netfirms last month and I got a confirmation email that the domain is transferred successfully. However, when I access the domain from my netfirms account, it is again asking for my transfer code. So I went back to where the domain was previously reg'd and I couldn't access code. Whois info shows netfirms as the registrar, but the domain still has old nameservers. Does anyone know what could be the reason?

happened to me on 1-2 domains out of a whole bunch I transfered to them in past.
didn't get all the way into their interface.
it's like a ghost record left behind after transfer out but in reverse. too cool.
call or chat and it gets fixed on spot.
report as glitch if happens regularly. didn't to me.
but.. that was me then. and that's you now.
gl.

Last edited:
•••
They always pay from their own pocket. Verisign does not run promos so Domain.com and resellers always pay the full $7.85 + $0.18 price no matter when you use the credit - during a promo or after it

Last edited:
•••
They always pay from their own pocket. Verisign does not rum promos so Domain.com and resellers always pay the full $7.85 + $0.18 price no matter when you use the credit - during a promo or after it

I never said verisign gives them discounts. I said they don't give creidt any more because people used it outside their promos and it cost them extra. however, and in whichever way. maybe they have some budget made for promos.. coming from whoever or however.. there are millions of options. personalyl I do not think they invtented this explanation just to avoid giving people credit. casue frankly, they dont owe anybody an explanation as to why no credit. cheers

•••
The promos are part of their marketing budget. It does not cost them extra outside of the promos. It always costs the same.

•••
The promos are part of their marketing budget. It does not cost them extra outside of the promos. It always costs the same.

I see only one explanation to it: their budget allows them to offer say 1000 domains during a time window. it appears if someone buys credits during that time window and uses them later after the window, those credits were not substracted from the 1000 total allowed.
which in turns means its extra.. beyond their budget.. ie: budget/promo for 1000.. + say 200 credits given.. total=1200 promo domains.

it is the only explanation I can see why they no longer give credits cause it costs them extra.

of course, this could all be solved by giving people credits out of the 1000 total available and substract from it and keep track of thing.... so they may use the credits whenever. but.. its probably an extra step or algo they don't wanna bother with. I don't blame them.
cheers

Last edited:
•••
There are a couple more explanations which come to my mind, but we lean outside of the thread's topic :)
Bottom line is, they do not want you to stock and use later. "Why" is a different question on which we can only guess. Official confirmation is not going to be provided.

•••
need help, i try transfer some domains to netfirms, mostly successed, but there is only some got this error :

mydomain.com: The domain name you specified is already in use. Please select a different domain name.

screenshot

anyone know why? the current registrar is namesilo, godaddy, etc

Last edited:
•••
need help, i try transfer some domains to netfirms, but got this error :

screenshot

anyone know why? the current registrar is namesilo, godaddy, etc

yep... had this on about 5-10 domains ..

its ancient residual records on any of their sister companies from any point in past from creation of internet onward... a bit loike adding domans to some auctions sites.. like afternic.. where it tells you its already there..

u need to call, or chat and escalate. they clear it up after checking whois records.. and email you back that your good to go.. it does not get resolved on the spot like most other things.

good luck.

•••
tnx
good to know this for backup, when dotster runs out
whois.com just finished their $5 promo few days ago,
seems a new trend. lets hope it spreads to all registrars.. including big guys like gd.. ya right dream on alcy.

•••
anyone tried to transfer other things than .com for discounts?

•••
DreamHost.com is running $1.95 .xyz transfers.

•••
DreamHost.com is running $1.95 .xyz transfers.
I checked Dreamhost-site Do know they NEVER give free PUSH / MOVE between accounts. It has always to be a transfer (after 60 d period)

•••
I checked Dreamhost-site Do know they NEVER give free PUSH / MOVE between accounts. It has always to be a transfer (after 60 d period)

I did not notice that. I just transferred another couple dozen to them today. CRAP.

Thanks for the heads up.

•••
i transfered from rebel before. u never get a signle email from rebel, no confirmation when you're starting transfer out. and none when its done. u just get emails from domain about both events.
gl

2 days I havent heard anything from rebel and no transfer action.
Do I have to wait 5 days, was hoping for the accept or decline transfer letter.
Sent support an email about this and also auto renew on by default.
Weird domains are locked, and requesting auth code unlocks them for 10 days. Time to request auth codes on remaining .coms and push them to netfirms. Maybe in 60 days, Rebel will have a transfer in special. I do like that a majority of my portfolio is good into 2018

•••
2 days I havent heard anything from rebel and no transfer action.
Do I have to wait 5 days, was hoping for the accept or decline transfer letter.
Sent support an email about this and also auto renew on by default.
Weird domains are locked, and requesting auth code unlocks them for 10 days. Time to request auth codes on remaining .coms and push them to netfirms. Maybe in 60 days, Rebel will have a transfer in special. I do like that a majority of my portfolio is good into 2018

yes 5 days min
but rebel gets even weirded
they have no auto renewal disable option
and auto renew everything you own 40 days before expiry automatically
cheers

•••
Did 2 transfers from rebel. A third failed I got the domain you specified is in use error. Its good until next may.
Until you get the email from domain.com and click the link to confirm, and enter auth code. You always have the option of cancelling the transfer. I wonder if you cancel, you then get a credit for future use?
If you could add and pay for 100, then cancel, you would have 100 credits.
Or is it possible to buy credits for future use and i missed that?

•••
any available coupon that works ?

•••
k mommoth doesnt work , mondo works

cheers!

•••
•••
Sorry, yea i meant mammoth..
Didnt work for me.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back