Domain Empire

Namewinner - Strange happenings?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Greetings!

I am currently having a problem with a backorder I did through namewinner. The situation is that one:

I auctionated on a domain where I came out as the highest bidder yesterday 10h am. In my account it also showed that I won the domain when the auction finished, then namewinner caught the domain yesterday, but today I got an automated mail by namewinner, that this domain has gone into extended auction.

Now I was really stunned since it´s obvious that namewinner caught proofably the domain YESTERDAY when having a look at the whois. And extended auctions are meant by namewinner to be done only when the deletion time does not fit, meaning that if an auction is over and the domain deletes only like e.g. 1 week later.

Now I don´t wanna accuse namewinner of doing bad business, but I guess you can understand why I get suspicious. Fact is that the namewinner system already showed me to have won the domain and that 1 day AFTER namewinner caught the domain they give the domain to extended auction. I mean why would anyone then bid at all forehand if namewinner then gives the domain an extended auction no matter wether it was won or not already beforehand. Also this auction now is public which makes the price raise a lot more than it did before. I will call namewinner tomorrow trying to solve that problem, else probably doing legal consequences.

Did anyone of you happen to have the same prob already with namewinner?

Once again: As of now I don´t wanna accuse namewinner of bad business, since I didn´t yet manage to be able to get in contact with them (my email hasn´t been answered yet, but then it´s sunday, and I will call only tomorrow since today is sunday).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thx for the info :) oh man that sux almost as much as the new pool bidding system. has the squize-every-little-cent-out-of-the-domaintraders-time begun? ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back