Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is the minimum BIN, can we liquidate domains?
Do you plan to integrate some kind of domain rental cheaper than 99 at Dan?
For example I would rent pretty any domain for 6 USD a month it will pay off for it's yearly renewal, but Dan can't afford with such ideas, they must feed a big corp like Godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi,

just something to consider.

When I visit a name, it is great when the url stays as is, and does not change to something else.

For ex:

nuggies.ninja : it would be great, if the url stays like this, and does not change to
https://www.namepros.com/parked/nuggies.ninja
as it is now.

Reason is, that a pot. buyer can find that name better again later...

When he starts typing in his url: nug...
a suggestion for nuggies.ninja is already being shown.

If the url redirects to namepros.com/etc. , that won't happen I think.

Just a thought.

But I saw this implementation, to keep the domain name as is, with DAN, and I liked it a lot.

•••
But I saw this implementation, to keep the domain name as is, with DAN
Technologically, it’s more expensive to have it not redirect. But it’s not more expensive by 15%-25% of your sale price that DAN charges.

In just about every scenario, you’ll be better off keeping 100% of your sale price by using NamePros Parking.

When he starts typing in his url: nug...
a suggestion for nuggies.ninja is already being shown.
Fortunately, that will still happen in all major browsers regardless of whether it redirects. If it doesn’t happen with the redirect, then it won’t happen without it either because browsers prefer to show more popular websites whenever available, such as showing the .com even if you’ve visited the .ai version.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

•••
We looked into this, but they don't offer an API yet, unfortunately.

If you have a relationship with them, perhaps you could ask them to create an API?

We'd happily add them if they had a way for us to do so.
I have contacted Stevan to let him know about the opportunity and will let you know when they have the API.

•••
•••
Some questions:
Can I set my nameservers that are at Godaddy to the Godaddy servers and used forwarding from Godaddy to a url of my lander at Namepros? (still putting txt verification in dns at Godaddy).

If yes, I have names at Dynadot as well. Does anyone know of a technical way that when I set my nameservers to Godaddy servers at Dynadot, I can still use some sort of DNS trick to forward to my Namepros lander from Godaddy?

The reason is, Godaddy/Afternic is the largest marketplace in the world. I would like to set all my name's nameservers to Godaddy at various registrars to keep commission cost low but still forward all my names to the Namepros landers.

•••
Some questions:
Can I set my nameservers that are at Godaddy to the Godaddy servers and used forwarding from Godaddy to a url of my lander at Namepros? (still putting txt verification in dns at Godaddy).

If yes, I have names at Dynadot as well. Does anyone know of a technical way that when I set my nameservers to Godaddy servers at Dynadot, I can still use some sort of DNS trick to forward to my Namepros lander from Godaddy?

The reason is, Godaddy/Afternic is the largest marketplace in the world. I would like to set all my name's nameservers to Godaddy at various registrars to keep commission cost low but still forward all my names to the Namepros landers.
user @futuresensor answered my question. Thank you :)

Last edited:
•••
Here's a monster feature that would be extremely helpful. This is a problem no marketplace has solved yet. I'm actually getting ready to commission, for huge sums to an saas company to build a marketplace for me but will forego it if this can be added. if this can be done, I'll add all my names to the namepros lander/marketplace:

Build an affiliate or integrate partnerstack or some other affiliate program/payment api system. Here's why.

All (almost), domain investors dislike sharing and losing leads to another name in a marketplace setting. If a lead comes in on a direct type-in, then a cookie or ip tracking should be attached to the visitor for a set period of time so that if they decide to look around and purchase a different name or a domain investor decides to help the visitor shop for other names that would be a better fit, then the domain investor who owns the original name that brought the original lead in, should earn a cut of sales (suggested 5% but % should be set by sellers who will share the sales commission). Now, the affiliate/referral info needs to pass through with escrow or some other payment system and automatically tracked by the affiliate system.

If this were to happen, you'll hear a huge vacuum sound as large portfolio move from other marketplaces. The owner who brought the original lead in on his/her own name that was typed-in, should not be providing free advertising. I would love to curate a list of names to tell a visitor about other names and show suggestions just in case they decide the original name they search is not a good fit anymore while perusing other names.

One day, that one special lead that comes in, could be worth 100k to the other sellers, godaddy, atom, etc. Shouldn't the original owner of the typed-in name lead get paid for starting it all? Right now the referrals or shared sales commissions to the original typed-in lead name owner are $0 on sales of another name not owned by them.

•••
Yes, you can use GoDaddy’s DNS management services to set our verification TXT record or CNAME record. The CNAME record will also redirect visitors to our parked pages.

Note: GoDaddy’s DNS management nameservers probably don’t qualify for GoDaddy’s lower commission.

Does anyone know of a technical way that when I set my nameservers to Godaddy servers at Dynadot, I can still use some sort of DNS trick to forward to my Namepros lander from Godaddy?
They’d likely block any solution to this problem if it became popular.

We recommend testing a percentage of your portfolio with NamePros Parking. You may very well find that you don’t need a distribution network nearly as much as you’ve been led to believe.

Many buyers will visit your domain names and purchase them without you needing to give away 15%-25% of your sale.

That said, NamePros is in the process of scheduling a meeting with their aftermarket team to speak with them at NamesCon, so maybe we can find a way to work together to provide value to everyone.

We can provide an update on how that goes after NamesCon.

•••
If a lead comes in on a direct type-in, then a cookie or ip tracking should be attached to the visitor for a set period of time so that if they decide to look around and purchase a different name or a domain investor decides to help the visitor shop for other names that would be a better fit, then the domain investor who owns the original name that brought the original lead in, should earn a cut of sales (suggested 5% but % should be set by sellers who will share the sales commission).
This resembles the approach taken by Atom (formerly known as Squadhelp) in Seller Branded marketplaces.

https://helpdesk.atom.com/en/articles/4599038-revenue-generating-landing-pages-beta

•••
•••
Nice, I just tested it. I like it and may do the same thing. :)
How did you set the price for the domain? There's nothing in my namepros parking that allows me to set that.

•••
How did you set the price for the domain? There's nothing in my namepros parking that allows me to set that.
Excellent question.

Click the domain; then Edit; then set BIN (it's under 'Buy Now').

NP Parking BIN.png

•••
I just did now. It shows me a summary and does not show edit or anything else. just an unclickable summary.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Perhaps you need to take one additional step, as @Bravo Mod Team described here.
Shows verified and parking email set. It did say choose a verification method and I choose TXT. Do I have to set the nameserver as well as another verification? I'm using forwarding to go to the parking page while leaving the server on domain control alone.

•••
Shows verified and parking email set. It did say choose a verification method and I choose TXT. Do I have to set the nameserver as well as another verification? I'm using forwarding to go to the parking page while leaving the server on domain control alone.
I found the edit button. its in Summary too high up above an AD. I would suggest bringing the edit button to the same line as the domain name :)

•••
Do I have to set the nameserver as well as another verification?
Just one verification method is all that’s needed.

I found the edit button. its in Summary too high up above an AD. I would suggest bringing the edit button to the same line as the domain name :)
Agreed, it’s really easy to miss. We’re going to add another drop-down menu with the actions in a better location that won’t be as easy to miss.

Thanks for letting us know.

•••
In addition to the escrow service, I think that it might be an interesting idea to give namepros users the possibility to keep amounts within the NamePros platform without necessarily having to withdraw and do a payout every time.

This is particularly useful for us domainers because it would be QUICK and I'd have funds ready to reinvest in some domains listed from namepros and continuously and organically improve my portfolio quality

I also happen to buy a lot on namepros and also when I reach a deal outside of namepros I try to bring them inside of namepros because it's a well known and trusted platform where deals can be conducted safely.

I think it would be very very very cool!

•••
I just did now. It shows me a summary and does not show edit or anything else. just an unclickable summary.
I was mistaken. It was in a spot I did not see easily that was all :)

•••
Does it offer parking revenue generation displaying ads like bodis?
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Does it offer parking revenue generation displaying ads like bodis?
Thanks
No; at present, it’s primarily intended for facilitating the sale of the domain and generating leads.

•••
No; at present, it’s primarily intended for facilitating the sale of the domain and generating leads.
If it can have both parking revenue and sale lander i would change from bodis to it

•••
If it can have both parking revenue and sale lander i would change from bodis to it
Yes agree, more than that I think Bodis is hiding real revenue from us!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back