NameSilo

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you add another payment processing company compatibility other than Escrow.com?

Last edited:
•••
I would be very interested in listing all my names once you Remove NamePros Branding.

The last thing I want is to educate my buyers to be domainers and expect wholesale prices!

Last edited:
•••
Wow! I am speechless! (and that does not often much, as you know :xf.grin:)

Thank you for this major upgrade. I can't wait to try it!
(but will wait until I get this week's NamePros Blog post out).

Thanks for making NamePros even greater!

-Bob

•••
Can you add another payment processing company compatibility other than Escrow.com?
Yes, PayPal. You can also use the Email option to use other payment options, such as crypto.

Are there any other payment methods that you’d like to see added?

•••
I don't agree with this.

When I go shopping online I go to a website (so yes, I am serious about buying), place item/s in the cart, and then check shipping costs. If I have to register and/or put my address in FIRST just to getting shipping quote then I just close the tab = NO SALE. Giving my postal/zip code only is fine IF I COULD BE BOTHERED but not the whole lot - email, phone, address, etc.

Every extra step in the path of a sale is just another obstacle for buyers to get through. Why make it harder?
That’s a fair point for commodities.

Our opinion is that each domain is unique and buyers cannot go elsewhere to buy it. If they genuinely want it, a small obstacle like filling out a form should not deter them. There are also lots of temporary email services if they are truly concerned about it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate hearing all perspectives.

•••
I think the biggest key here involve most of the domain community into this new and fascinating initiative is escrow

I'll explain myself better:

Domain sellers worldwide right now DON'T HAVE a decent and reasonable escrow service for imported leads. The offer types given are not good enough for the sustainability of the domainer to do domaining in a comfortable and unstressed way.

By not using escrow, however, you are subject to a degree of risk of chargeback (direct PayPal), scam (bank transfer and crypto)

Let's go an analyze why I believe there's not a reasonable and thoughtful offer for domainers:

DAN: The new VAT regulations have "killed" domaining for individual domainers from Europe which make up a big piece of the market. This is because to buy a domain from them, you need to pay an additional 22% (Italian VAT in this case) on domain price which is really huge. This 22% fee is present also for imported leads (leads that you yourself find and bring to DAN). So it's actually a 22% (VAT) fee on buyer + a 5% fee on seller, making it in total an outstanding 27% in commissions + commission on 5% fee if seller is from EU. Obviously we talk about much more than 27% if it's not an importer leads and an even higher amount if domain isn't pointed at Dan/afternic. Needless to say that this model is unsustainable for a domainer and it has repercussions on non eu sellers as well as activity from eu is lowered.

Squadhelp escrow: Not many of you know it, but squadhelp does actually offer an escrow service for imported leads. This escrow service is at 4.5% of transaction amount. It's what I most often use. It's negative side though is that to use that type of service deal transaction has to be at least of 300 USD. I think however for lower amounts there's the option to use wholesale marketplace at 5% fee. Definitely the most decent and reasonable one among the unreasonables.

DAAZ: DAAZ is a relatively small marketplace.. which around a couple of hundred sales per year. DAAZ commission are relatively low.. with buy now commission at 5% and import lead feature at 5%, with minimum price at $100. Downside? Time. Very rarely it takes less than a day to get payment (even for import lead between domainers) and even waiting only a couple of days or a few days for a domainer which constantly needs to rinse and repeat to improve portfolio quality may be a deal breaker.

Sedo escrow (apparently lowest commission on market at 3%):

If SH escrow service is unknown to many of domainers, sedo import lead feature I guess it's even more unknown. It's the lowest on the market (3%). Why isn't everyone using sedo escrow then? Well, again if daaz is an issue due to the relatively long times in getting paid out and reinvest in domains, sedo is a nightmare. As per sedo website says, you can expect the sale to go through in 1-2 weeks. Not worth the 3% commission despite being the fixed lowest commission in the market. Why? Cause time is money (if you're a Domainer you probably understand me).

Let's get to escrow.com and escrow.domains (aka escrowdomains.com):

I'm doing these two together because I find their positive aspects and downsides to be impressively similar: Both these escrow do not have a fixed fee, but are dependent on the size of escrow transaction.

In my opinion, for low ( mid 3 figures transactions) it's unsustainable to have them as your escrow service. Why? Cause if I sell a domain for 100 USD (maybe wanna have a quick flip/small sale to reinvest in domains)
at escrow.domains, you'll have to give 25 USD of that. It's an outstanding 25% fee.

Escrow.com seems to do overall better in keeping low amount transaction fees low, but if buyer uses credit card/PayPal instead of wire/check/money order the fee seems to approximately double.

Also if I remember correctly, at escrow.com once you reach a relatively low threshold of sale volume you need to do some paperwork/document verification with them to continue selling. For domainers that value anonymity a lot, it can be a big turn off.

My dream would be to see @NamePros develop a free (perhaps for vip + gold users accounts) escrow service. So manage the parking/sale listing until the end of the deal (payout). I'd have full trust of namepros keeping the buyer's funds. The funds would go to Namepros Billing Team. I am SURE that something can be worked out 😁❤️

Namepros has given a lot to me.. I started domaining with nothing and it gave me a chance to show my skills and capabilities by providing to me the opportunities of rinsing and repeating. This is where my career started. I love this initiative because it shows namepros is expanding. Even though I wouldn't like an end user to find out about NP and consequently find the same domains on landing page at wholesale prices, I would love to see an increased popularity of this platform and increased amount of people joining. Because more people in the community would mean more activity. More activity means more deals. And more fun for all us domainers. So briefly we want end users to try to be as distant as possible from wholesale prices, but we want common people, that want to try the domaining venture, that want to try to make money, join us. This is the model I'd love and dream to see.

Just my 2 cents,
DB

Last edited:
•••
Quick poll:

“Like” this post if you want us to add payment plans next.

“Thanks” this post if you want us to add minimum offers next.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team, so far I've added 30+ names coming from different registrars.

Each add was simple from the registrar standpoint (changing nameservers) and each one shows up verified and in my account at Namepros within 1 Minute...very impressive.

I've got a couple of questions.

1) Do we have a rough ETA on the minimum offer option? I'm anxious to add a couple of my higher value names that get lots of traffic, but I don't want to get a herd of tire kickers.

2) I'm having trouble finding a way to put a price on a couple of the names that I've determined a fixed price. Once a sale is made, I either use my own card processor or the Godaddy link option (I've never used Escrow.com). Do we have to use the Escrow option or paypal to get the option to enter a price?

Last edited:
•••
@Bravo Mod Team, I just got to 50+ names added and I see that 50 is the limit per page. Can/will that limit be increased in the future? Not a biggie for me, just curious.

FYI, for some of my names, this will be the 4TH move in 6 months due to other marketplaces not listening to valid questions/suggestions.

Thank you for listening to us...long live NP's marketplace! 👏

•••
That's in the works. :)

Is there anything else that you'd like us to add?

Let us know.

First, my compliments to the team. Seeing as behemoths like Godaddy cannot figure out simple bugs (e.g. synching data about pricing in GD account with Afternic or even listed status) for years and then watching how you make major changes on the fly is a refreshing sight.

I will post shortly what would be important for me personally. Of course, the primary things I am looking for are a) conversion b) data.

Conversion is needed to beat the GD/Afternic 25%/15% discrepancy. And data can affect many things like pricing, parking or not, renewing etc.

•••
I am just wondering if anyone here has name that sold from this landing page?

•••
lander is still make offer
Check now. :)

it is unclear to me (as a buyer) that when I enter my info I will see the BIN price.
Waiting for the Buy Now Optimized landing page
The lander is now optimized for Buy Now when parked domains have a price.

Here's the demo:

Cc @pb @Bob Hawkes

The problem I see with the landing page is namepros advertising at the bottom of the page.
Namepros branding is heavy.
could we have a non-branded version
I would be very interested in listing all my names once you Remove NamePros Branding
You can now remove NamePros branding from parked pages under your profile settings.

Enjoy!

Cc @Jannes

•••
Is there a way to remove our Namepros username? I'd rather not display that on every landing page.

•••
Yeah. We humbly request that members don't disable the branding unless they feel very strongly about it. 🙏

That said:

Our goal is to help, so if the choice is between using our parking without NamePros branding or not using our parking at all, then please disable branding to use us. (y)

NamePros has successfully withstood the test of time while many others have faltered, and we'll continue to do our best to provide value for as long as we can. We hope to do that in a mutually beneficial way that allows us all to thrive sustainably.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate it.
I think some and possibly many will, due to the fact if an end user finds out about Namepros and does spend a bit of time they will come across the marketplace (Which I think should only be available to members) There should be no ability for someone not a member to see anything for sale at Namepros. Now look a really smart end user might join.

But there will be one of two scenarios playing out, A buyer is a real buyer, they see Zshare.com for sale, they do what they have to do to see the price, like the price and buy. Great.

Number 2 a prospect might say Namepros hmmm I am not a domain investor what's going on there? Oh shit people sell names for $5 here but boss when I go to the name itself it's listed on some guy's website named DAN and they are asking $3,000. Well Johnson join Namepros and pay $5 get on it.

It really does come down to each member deciding on how likely it will be for an end user to check out Namepros.

I have been here a long time I can say I have had two interactions where an end user who had no idea there was a domaining community came across the forum. One time it was someone emailing me that they came across an article about BrandBucket in search, it was an article I wrote and the article had a link to our BrandBucket discussion here. They then just checked around Namepros and saw BrandBucket listings for $20 - $30. They could not believe a name they were considering buying was listed for $7800 and was $30 here. They emailed me telling me they read my article and wanted to know if it was some kind of scam? I said no Namepros is legit it's not a scam. They were not thinking Namepros the site was a scam but were thinking how can this be $30 when on BrandBucket it's $7800? I said I don't know might be a mistake. Now I knew but I did not want to hurt someone else's potential sale. I am not going to be like oh yeah you got the ok to spend $7800 but go buy it for $30.

On another occasion I was brokering a name where there was an old listing on Namepros. The person I was brokering it for was not the member here who had it for sale years ago, but the prospect mention in the first email, "I am aware this name is very cheap on a website called Namepros" I had to look it up after I mentioned to my client, you have this priced wholesale on Namepros? They were like I don't belong to Namepros. It turned out it was a fairly old listing but I guess in Googling the prospect came across it in the serps.

So I think many will disable the branding out of those kinds of fears. But it is a great service you are offering for free. Can you say what brokerage is having the success with the landers?

•••
it is a great service you are offering for free. Can you say what brokerage is having the success with the landers?
We’ve received confirmation from Grit Brokerage that we can share that they’re successfully using our for-sale landers on many of their clients’ domains.

Their firm is a Top 10 Escrow.com Sales Closer, and they’ve been very helpful in providing us with feedback on NamePros Parking over the past year. 🙌

•••
I would prefer to pay a small reasonable monthly fee and get the branding removed.
You’re a VIP, so you can remove it for free. That option is already available. 👍

•••
It's ready!
I'm not sure how this speaks to my current existence but this is really exciting me!

Looking forward to the other improvements (integrating the daddy checkout link possibility is one).

This is a gamechanger for many domainers...THANK YOU!

•••
I wanted to mention a 'notes' area that the seller could toggle on or off would be great. An area that would show (if activated) under the domain where the seller could enter up to several lines of info/pitch.
I really feel the same about this. While the majority of time best to leave name on its own, in certain cases a section for notes would be helpful. If they are implemented, I would suggest that
  • It be toggle on/off as @Mister Funsky suggests
  • The length be capped to number of characters that reasonably all fit on one lander page in an attractive place.
  • That you do NOT give any thought to enabling AI generated descriptions. I think they are getting old fast.
  • Hopefully ultimately there will be a few lander choices (I think you already said that) so that the seller can choose a point form or free text format for the notes.
Thanks to the team for all of the incredible work being done, and such a refreshing approach to interact with suggestions/requests from the community here.

Bob

•••
Currently, we just have an Inquiry lander that shows the Buy button and payment methods on the second page after buyers fill out the form and confirm their email address.

Very soon, we will have more landers, including a Buy Now Optimized lander that focuses on the domain being priced on the first page.

In the meantime, the Inquiry lander is very good at lead generation and once buyers confirm their email address, they can buy immediately.

Looking at the demo page - it is unclear to me (as a buyer) that when I enter my info I will see the BIN price. It just says "start conversation" which is not the same thing to me. I think it should be clear and obvious I'm entering this info to see BIN (as some retailers do... saying "see price in cart".

•••
Could you add an optional search bar that we can turn on or off for each domain that will show us exactly what the visitors are searching for when then visit our domain? If I find out that a lot of the visitors are searching for the same thing, then I can know how to best monetize it and if I know they are mostly in the same geographical area, then I could focus on businesses in that area to market it.

•••
you'd like it to perform a "contains" search, right?

Yes.

Forgive me if you addressed this earlier, but I wanted to mention a 'notes' area that the seller could toggle on or off would be great. An area that would show (if activated) under the domain where the seller could enter up to several lines of info/pitch.

Over the years I've noticed this can really help with lower/mid priced names.

•••
Are there other reasons that the IP address is useful to you?
It allows me to drill down further to determine if some or all of the info provided (name, addy, phone) is accurate/legitimate. It will often be a signal to a large institutional user.

•••
The problem I see with the landing page is namepros advertising at the bottom of the page.
So when a potential buyer want to buy a $x,xxx name and they click on namepros, they will see all the appraisal is $0 and everything else is around $10 they will charge their mind and looking for something else cheaper.
Also it lacks a lot of features from other market places like searching for an alternative name…

•••
Got them all redirected here.

Example: zshare.com

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back