IT.COM

Namejet will not respond to my support ticket

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been waiting for 13 days for a response to a support ticket I submitted to NameJet.com. And I'd bumped the ticket with a second message a few days after submitting it. Do they simply not respond to customers any more? Are they in trouble? It's very frustrating and unacceptable.

By the way, one of the things I need to know from them is how to get money returned from my deposit account. It's just sitting there, and I see no way to request it be given back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's very bad.
They did get back to me within 48hrs on my inquiries. Now, I have 2nd thought about listing my domains there.

•••
This is a very common complaint the last year. Their incredible slowness. Also that they are unreachable by phone. It seems they never recovered from bidgate or just stopped caring.

•••
Yeah. I have been waiting for some days now for their response still didn't get. This is not good

•••
Hopefully everything gets sorted for you op. I stopped bidding there years ago, have better experience with snapnames but now they're all owned by the same company. Web.com should just clean house and roll it all into one fresh product offering with real customer support. netsol and new venture services should RIP imo

Last edited:
•••
They are still not responding to me. I had no choice but to dispute the charge with my credit card company. What a horrible company.

•••
On Monday, I got a response from Namejet.com "support." They said: "I apologize for the delay in response as we have been working on a large backlog of Support Requests and are trying to answer them all as quickly as we can in the order received."

That took 30 days. The told me the $300 was "refunded" to me. No, it is in my Namejet account, and there is no way to get it out that I see. Once in, they seem to own it. And they conveniently didn't answer my question of how to get the $300 out of Namejet and into my bank account or credit on my credit card.

I suggest that NO ONE buy a name from Namejet. If you have a problem, you might wait a month or two to get a non-answer.

Meanwhile, I have the charge challenged with my credit card company and they've held the payment to them back while they investigate.

•••
Here's an update concerning the financial shenanigans and lack of support at NameJet.

Almost two months after I asked about getting my $300 back, I finally have an answer from them!

We are really sorry for the delayed response and for the inconvenience this issue might have caused you. The $300.00 balance on your account can only be used to purchased won auctions. We will not be able to cash out the balance. If you have any other questions please let us know.

So they want to you deposit money to buy a name, and then when unsuccessful, they will not give it back. Thank goodness it was not for a $10,000 name.

I would advise that NO ONE ever purchase a domain name at Namejet. Just the customer support alone is enough to not sue the--if you ever have any problem whatsoever, you'll get extremely late non-answers. My simple issue took almost two months.

And of course the other reason is that you might have your money taken with no recourse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back