Dynadot

My first experience with infomaniak for .de registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNameFlow

Established Member
Impact
Recently I tried to register a .de domain(registered in 40+ extension) on Infomaniak. After my successful payment/order, it was showing "Order Processing" for several days. I checked that payment was actually successful from the credit card also, so that should not be a problem. After waiting for almost 10 days I just sent an email to support, asking when the order would be completed. I got reply next day, saying that domain no longer available so I checked the whois and creation date was the same date(almost time) after I placed my order.

Before placing my order I had checked this same domain on number of registrar for availability and it was surely available. Generally when I place a domain order on other registrar the domain registration either gets completed instantly (if available) or fails with email confirmation for the same. However, what I find suspicious is why they would wait for so many days and only inform me after I raised a support request thru email. If the domain registered on around same day/time, they should be quick to reject my order and inform. I feel something was wrong in my case than pure coincidence so beware if you plan to register a domain on Infomaniak.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back