Dynadot

Infomaniak is a disease.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam1234

Top Member
Impact
I hand-regged a domain with them last night. My order went through and I was charged, but when I woke up I had an e-mail saying my order was blocked for no reason (by them) and now they want ID scans and such. If they routinely block the order then why did they take my money and why didn't they ask for ID upfront? I had to go through Paypal to request a refund. I'm surprised they didn't want my DNA. I recommend against using this registrar. I went with Cosmotown which wound up being cheaper anyway. Just sharing my experience.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had the same experience once. I had placed an order and my card was charged.
Next day, I found that the name was still available for registration!!!
When I checked the order, it was in 'blocked' status. I then had to go through ID verification process. After ID verification process, ALL is GOOD.

If they routinely block the order then why did they take my money and why didn't they ask for ID upfront?

I agree with this. They have to be upfront and ask for ID Verification, BEFORE TAKING MONEY. Refunding is not suffice. They're blocking the money away (sometimes the only money, that I've) from being used for registering a name, before someone else does, with some other registrar.

So, if you want to grab a 'dropped domain', in my experience Infomaniak is not the best choice, if you're doing hand registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back