Dynadot

MY DAYS OF PREDICAMENT AT THE HANDS OF DOMAIN.COM AND THEIR STAFF

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rakom

Established Member
Impact
I wanted to register a domain with domain.com but my request was put on hold for further review because they felt that the domain was the equivalent of a “fake bank domain”. What followed was that I was immediately locked out of my account. So, I decided to contact their customer support and I was told that I had two choices:
1) Have my account suspended pending the review of my request for registration of the “fake banking domain” or
2) Request for the cancellation of domain registration and be granted access to my account.

So, I slept over it and the next day I opted to cancel the request for the registration of that domain. To my surprise, I was still locked out of my account and I have been blocked from accessing my account for the last 5 days! The kind of lies that I have been fed by domain.com support staff is appalling. Yesterday I lost $2,070 because I couldn’t transfer my domain to a buyer.

Out of desperation, I tried to contact domain.com customer support today and once again explained my predicament. Their customer support shamelessly repeated the same lies WORD-FOR-WORD (I have screenshots of all our conversations btw) and then it dawned of me how foolish I have been for the past 5 days to trust domain.com. So, all the domainers out there, just beware that this is the new modus operandi at domain.com. Sad thing is that I have registered more than 10 domains with them in the past two months. Something that was supposed to be sorted out within 24 hours (that's what I was told the first time) has become 5 days of nightmare and loss-making for me

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back