Domain Empire

Domain.com review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rafaelo0

Top Member
Impact
Question to @Federer @alcy and other domain.com members did domain.com asked for your id (like a photo of your id) for you to create a account and if so are you comfortable in sharing that personal info with domain.com and what you think of their support?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question to @Federer @alcy and other domain.com members did domain.com asked for your id (like a photo of your id) for you to create a account and if so are you comfortable in sharing that personal info with domain.com and what you think of their support?

no id for me. but that may depend on your country.. or maybe new rules now? not sure. I created account there 2-3 years ago.

they got plenty of happy users there... myself included.. do not forget that whether its domain.com or paypal or any other company.. its always the bad 1 in a million trasncations that make the front pages... the other millions of successful paypal or domain.com dealings that go smooth as butter, those nobody talks about cause well.. there is nothing to say when things go smooth :)

but if I had to show them foto id I'd have no problem. they're old reputable company with tons of users... 99% of which are happy.

cheers

•••
Thanks for the fast reply @alcy ,

I actually got a very very bad experience (the worst i had with any registrar yet), with their support and their FILMRIOT promo i felt completely "jerked around" which i really don't like and take seriously. There were 2 support agents i had good experience with but the other 3 were horrible the worst was the supervisor, each one tells a different story regarding "FILMRIOT" promo first it wasn't available, then it wasn't on their server then it worked but they can't tell me when it expires, when i ask why my account blocked the answer is "i am really sorry but it is the system security and i can not provide the exact reason why the account got blocked" so don't even have the right to know why i'm getting blocked.

This all started because in the morning i asked support if the promo "FILMRIOT" was available or another one in the same value, he replied "FILMRIOT" is not available but "FILMRIOTFANS" is. I was busy so only around 7pm (my time zone) i contacted support again this agent was really helpful, i asked if "FILMRIOTFANS" and she told me yes, so i was working with her in reg the domains then i got disconnected, after that it was down hill.

all them starting saying that promo never was available went at it from 7pm to 00am, then i was just getting tired to try and prove to the supervisor that one of their support agents gived me the promo and the other confirm it was available so started asking about "FILM RIOT" (with the space in the middle) and it also wasn't available the only one working is just "BIZ" but after insisting for 1h he changes what he was saying and now 2 were working "BIZ" and "FILMRIOT" without the space i just went WTF :punch: your joking with my face.

This is just the short version, had to record videos of the conversation and tell them i was recording since they couldn't find my previous conversations and to protect myself (i never had to resort to this actions before in my life) and they just keep asking me to send the photo id and avoiding my questions, that's why i thought they were a shady company (i got to admit i got really emotional to when i was dealing with that supervisor and around the end i was just tired of all the bull ***).

That's why i went here asking for feedback on domain.com from veterans which i can trust.

I'm not saying domain.com is a bad company or do bad business i was just unlucky and got that one in a thousands bad experience.

I just wanted to know if i was safe in sharing a photo of my id with them and if there aren't renegade works bu it seems its ok (y), plus they have good deals from what i notice.

Thanks for the help and feedback @alcy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back