Dynadot

MoveYourDomain Day 2018 - Transfer Domain to Namecheap For $3.98

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
From March 6, 00:00 AM, EST until March 7, 11:59 PM, EST, each transfer of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US, .CO, .ME and .IO to Namecheap will cost $3.98 only.
Plus you will get a FREE one-year of:
  • Comodo PositiveSSL (DV) ($8.88 value),
  • Private Email service ($9.88 value),
  • WhoisGuard ($2.88 value).
Update:
Transfer code
MYDD2018
Limit:

• Limited to 25 domains per household or business, up to 5 per transaction.
  • Not valid for domains that have been previously transferred away from Namecheap.
  • PayPal and Credit Card are both accepted.
For more detail plz click: https://www.namecheap.com/promotions/move-your-domain-day/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Each transaction per 5 domains only?

yes but that's nto so bad considering you can only do this max 5 times = 25 domains.

if limit was 100 and you had to do 5 domains 20 times.. then that's just boring.

•••
@alcy I saw some people say that they can't use the coupon anymore. Maybe they just used it 5 times without the max amount of transfers per transaction?

•••
I saw some people say that they can't use the coupon anymore. Maybe they just used it 5 times without the max amount of transfers per transaction?

no they just meant if u use coupon on 5.. and 3 are no good due to prev nc transfer... then you lose your whole coupon for 5 :)

looks like this will last a while at rate its going

who knows maybe they won't even reach 50k :)

•••
Promo Working just bought $20.62 total (after icann fee) for 5 domains.

•••
@alcy Oh, cool. Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. NC sure don't make it easy with the 5 domains per transaction limit. Not sure what that's good for. Only complicates things.

•••
Were those domains NC -> somewhere else -> NC? How many registrars were they at between the original transfer to NC and today?
NC -> 2 different registrars for one domain and 4 for other -> FAIL :)

•••
I've got one .io I wanted to do, but the system thinks it's locked and can't pick up the admin e-mail.

salad.png

•••
{Got my 25 transfers. It's absurd that NC call it Move Your Domain Day and in half an hour it's over. I feel bad for all the people who weren't ready right when the promo started}- wrong assumption. Please ignore. :)

Edit: I wrote the above comment based on people saying that they can't use the coupon anymore. Not relevant. Let the transfers continue!
Well, 00:00 AM, EST until March 6, 11:59 should be 12AM to 12AM so it's 24 hours long if it is written correctly.

•••
Uh-oh! Your domain is not eligible for transfer to us.
To transfer a domain that is expired, you'll need to do a bit of preparation and then contact our support team

How annoying.

•••
Well, 00:00 AM, EST until March 6, 11:59 should be 12AM to 12AM so it's 24 hours long if it is written correctly.

Yeah, I just made the wrong assumption since I saw two people saying that they couldn't use the promo code anymore. Earlier some people said they were told it would stop at 51,000 transfers so if I had to transfer- I wouldn't wait till the end of the day, just in case.

•••
@Nat Hunt - none of my IO showed Admin Email, my guess is it's the wonky IO whois issue

Although the lock status should be clear, what happens when you check the box?

For Everyone:
ALSO if you use a coupon and have fewer than 5 domains, is that how people are getting coupon errors so quick? Like you can only use the coupon FIVE times maximum, even if your cart each time has fewer than 5 domains?

•••
So, far the five I started say in my namecheap panel that they are "Awaiting email confirmation.". It's only been 16 minutes but still would have thought whatever email they sent would have arrived by now. Just waiting. Anyone, have an issues getting the email from namecheap to start the process?

•••
@Daniel Owens I started getting emails for some of them. Got 11/25 so far.

•••
•••
@Daniel Owens If they're in the dashboard they should arrive. Mine are continuing to trickle in. Their system is crowded with transfers so I guess it makes sense for some of them to take some time to arrive.

Last edited:
•••
Does it matter if I don't include the auth codes before I start the transfers?

•••
@SuperBrander Will be interesting to see if it's going to take hours. I bet their system like you say being crowed with transfer has so far created a delay or some sort of issue. Just hoping to get them. I will feel better about doing a few more batches once this goes through successful.

•••
•••
•••
Received transfer request agreement from namecheap about 25 minutes after reg. Just received 1 transfer request from directnic, one of the losing registrars. Have to wait the 5 days with them, don't think you can fast track it like netfirms link in their request.

•••
I got 24 transferred over... Just a heads up - To max out your 25 transfers, you need to transfer 5 at a time. You can only actually use the promo code with 5 shopping baskets - If those 5 baskets aren't full, you miss out! (Doh! I accidentally put only 4 domains in one of my baskets as I was going crazy trying to get all my transfers done... That's how I ended up with 24! ;))

PS - I talked to NC customer service and they said it could take up to 8 hours for the confirmation emails to arrive - To date, I've only received 4 emails out of 24...)

Last edited:
•••
NC -> 2 different registrars for one domain and 4 for other -> FAIL :)

Thanks! It looks like I won't be able to transfer those names back to NC (once I transfer out) for a similar deal again in the future.

•••
@NamesBond - thank you - that was my main question

Heads up every one - make sure to use coupon for FIVE domains in cart at a time!

•••
Domain is with another registrar.

Awaiting release from previous registrar.

^Thats the one I approved from directnic,

I had my cart pre loaded and wired for sound at 8;30pm pacific, when it hit 9 bells, I added the code and first 5 were done in 1 minute.

Last edited:
•••
Just finished 10. Won't expect confirming transfer emails anytime soon.

Including six .me so felt it was worth it.

Enough for me. Thanks Namecheap!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back