Dynadot

MoveYourDomain Day 2018 - Transfer Domain to Namecheap For $3.98

NameSilo
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
From March 6, 00:00 AM, EST until March 7, 11:59 PM, EST, each transfer of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US, .CO, .ME and .IO to Namecheap will cost $3.98 only.
Plus you will get a FREE one-year of:
  • Comodo PositiveSSL (DV) ($8.88 value),
  • Private Email service ($9.88 value),
  • WhoisGuard ($2.88 value).
Update:
Transfer code
MYDD2018
Limit:

• Limited to 25 domains per household or business, up to 5 per transaction.
  • Not valid for domains that have been previously transferred away from Namecheap.
  • PayPal and Credit Card are both accepted.
For more detail plz click: https://www.namecheap.com/promotions/move-your-domain-day/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And thanks to @luantt and @usernamex and everyone else here for sharing there time and knowledge to save us some money as well as gain knowledge. I've always had good service with namecheap

•••
if you transferring back a domain that earlier with namecheap this coupon will not apply

•••
I stayed up late for nothing -_- someone posted saying "this is so hot it runs out fast!"... and yet I already got 10 domains ordered at promo price without much hassle....

Would've rather slept tbh. Now i'm a little grumpy.

•••
@Jv1999 - would you be grumpier if you woke up tomorrow to find out you had missed out entirely if the promo hit the limit and ended early? : wink :

<- unx is super tired too

•••
@Jv1999 - would you be grumpier if you woke up tomorrow to find out you had missed out entirely if the promo hit the limit and ended early? : wink :

<- unx is super tired too
I dunno. I just feel really groggy and grumpy. And the extra stress of "making it to this promo" was something I didn't need.

I guess I went into "crypto trading" mode and treated this like some kind of time-sensitive trade. And I'm all like surprised everything is going smoothly without any second-to-second necessities.

:)

•••
•••
•••
best .io deal ive ever noticed

•••
best .io deal ive ever noticed
Yeah! I wish I had any .ios! That's like $3 vs $20 renewal!!!!!!!1 I would've spent all 25 slots on .io because .com and .net are at max, $8 or $9.

•••
i wish this deal came few days back i transferred around 20 domain to lcn so far they are good and still a good option to transfer for 6$ for 1 year but this deal beat there price

•••
This promo saved lot of money to renew .co domains . I transfered 15 .co domains because of high renewal rate .

Thank you @namecheap for this awesome promo .

•••
Total transferred 25 including my 3 Domain 😀, another 22 was someone else domains.

•••
They sure are slow. Not getting the emails and how the heck do you view the transfers? Control panel had no option for viewing transfers.

•••
Transfer emails are trickling in - Batch One of Five IO domains away from Epik and Moniker, Epik 1/2 received, Moniker 3/3
Order was placed Mar 6, 2018 12:17:00 AM (Eastern) Time Now - Tue 03/06/2018 03:12 AM

Plus accidentally left privacy on for the two at epik, they forward so its no issue

•••
@karmaco go to 'Domain List' and choose 'All Products'. You should see all the pending transfers.

•••
@karmaco - if you go to the full domain list (while logged in)
https://ap.www.namecheap.com/domains/domainlist

Then use the filter "Others" and hit "Apply" and it will show domains at Other registrars, thus the ones transferring in.

The UI is still horribad and inelegant, mine were all IO and CO so saving $18-28 per domain is worth the hassle, plus support is very good.

•••
Even thou the limitation is a little low (we all feel that :)) still, is a nice deal
expeciall for .co and .io domains imho. Keep up the good work NameCheap!

In case some of you missed this in form the t&c here's the pricing break down:
.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz for $3.98 ($4.16 including ICANN fee); .us, .me, .co, .io for $3.98 (ICANN fee is not applicable).

•••
Even thou the limitation is a little low (we all feel that :)) still, is a nice deal
expeciall for .co and .io domains imho. Keep up the good work NameCheap!

In case some of you missed this in form the t&c here's the pricing break down:
.com, .net, .org, .info, .biz for $3.98 ($4.16 including ICANN fee); .us, .me, .co, .io for $3.98 (ICANN fee is not applicable).
Yeah I'm pretty sure all the big leagues with like 300 - 1,000 domains are just skipping over this deal yawning in bed. They're like: 25?!?!? ONLY 25!?? HAH~ I'm not getting out of my jammies for this!

•••
Just transferred 24 of my .co's, awesome deal by NameCheap

Looks like they make this deal specifically for me as I have total of 25 (.co's+ io) unfortunately the io is already at NameCheap so cant avail the deal for that one. :D

Thanks @luantt and @usernamex for posting about this great deal and the countdown timer :)

•••
•••
GUYS DO NOT MOVE LESS THAN 5 DOMAINS PER ORDER. OR U WILL FORFEIT UR SLOTS.

I had only moved 3 domains in one order, and now that I'm trying to move 2 more, it says my limit has been reached! I've only moved 23 domains so far!!

•••
If you use this promo for all dot COM, the savings is around $110
The way to max it out would be use it for all IO and the savings would be ~$725
Only ten of my IO were eligible then used the rest on CO so my savings today was $560
Anyone else wanna share what they saved?

PS the transferred domain count is ~4175ish

•••
It's 4665 now... I guess people are waking up to it ;)

I moved all my .co (sigh, had only a few!), some .orgs & .nets. Rest some .coms.

•••
How long did it take you guys to get the emails? Still waiting.

•••
@karmaco - if you go to the full domain list (while logged in)
https://ap.www.namecheap.com/domains/domainlist

Then use the filter "Others" and hit "Apply" and it will show domains at Other registrars, thus the ones transferring in.

The UI is still horribad and inelegant, mine were all IO and CO so saving $18-28 per domain is worth the hassle, plus support is very good.

Under others I have unverified contacts, for sale and premium. One of those has to be checked and none show transfers. NameCheap needs to seriously improve this. Who the heck doesn’t have a transfer tab easily viewable 😡

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back