IT.COM

MoveYourDomain Day 2018 - Transfer Domain to Namecheap For $3.98

NameSilo
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
From March 6, 00:00 AM, EST until March 7, 11:59 PM, EST, each transfer of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US, .CO, .ME and .IO to Namecheap will cost $3.98 only.
Plus you will get a FREE one-year of:
  • Comodo PositiveSSL (DV) ($8.88 value),
  • Private Email service ($9.88 value),
  • WhoisGuard ($2.88 value).
Update:
Transfer code
MYDD2018
Limit:

• Limited to 25 domains per household or business, up to 5 per transaction.
  • Not valid for domains that have been previously transferred away from Namecheap.
  • PayPal and Credit Card are both accepted.
For more detail plz click: https://www.namecheap.com/promotions/move-your-domain-day/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long did it take you guys to get the emails? Still waiting.

Same here... No email received yet. Though in the NC panel it says "Awaiting email confirmation".

•••
@karmaco Try what I suggested- go to 'Domain List' and choose 'All Products' from the drop down box on the right hand side. You should see all the pending transfers. It took around two and a half hours to get all of the confirmation emails in my case but as someone mentioned- they said it could take longer.

Last edited:
•••
Normally I don't bother with transfers, but in this case it well worth it for me. Transferred 25 .me and .co names away from GD, where even with DDC pricing they are not competitive and I was planning to move them out anyway.

Probably added up to around $400 in savings, not bad for an hour now and probably an hour in a year.

•••
@karmaco Try what I suggested- go to 'Domain List' and choose 'All Products' from the drop down box on the right hand side. You should see all the pending transfers. It took around two and a half hours to get all of the confirmation emails in my case but as someone mentioned- they said it could take longer.

This is ridiculous that you have to hunt to view what you paid for. Never again. NameCheap sucks, How many hours did you wait for the emails?

•••
@karmaco The answer is in the text you quoted. Around two and a half hours. The process and their user interface could certainly use improving, but I'm happy about the savings. To get good savings I've endured much worse registrars.

•••
This is ridiculous that you have to hunt to view what you paid for. Never again. NameCheap sucks, How many hours did you wait for the emails?

namecheap interface is one of worse aruond but savign around $800 for 25 .io transfers in few mins work is even more ridiculous not to take.

•••
went to watch anime ^_^ to make myself feel better. . . came back to no verification emails yet XD

•••
I haven't even started moving mine yet, just a couple or so to move to NC.
I am surprised though, says on their website 5k names moved. was expecting to see some insanely Huge numbers in short time.
I'll take my time moving couple of names over I guess.
lol

•••
went to watch anime ^_^ to make myself feel better. . . came back to no verification emails yet XD

hi, how long does Verification email takes to arrive?

•••
Great deal, moved 25 domains, 5 from Godaddy (only 1 left there... finally) and 20 from Epik (will move them back).

•••
Moved 20. Cant move thee last 5.

ERROR: This coupon has expired or has already been applied to your account(s).Coupon code maximum usage exceeded.

•••
I got 24 transferred over... Just a heads up - To max out your 25 transfers, you need to transfer 5 at a time. You can only actually use the promo code with 5 shopping baskets - If those 5 baskets aren't full, you miss out! (Doh! I accidentally put only 4 domains in one of my baskets as I was going crazy trying to get all my transfers done... That's how I ended up with 24! ;))

PS - I talked to NC customer service and they said it could take up to 8 hours for the confirmation emails to arrive - To date, I've only received 4 emails out of 24...)

Ouch. Didn't see that earlier. I used some on 3 per basket :(

•••
Sometimes the few cents you save really isn’t worth the struggle.
My tip stay with one registry, not only are you a loyal customer but you’re making that registry money. The more money the registry makes the more updates and promos they’ll make.

•••
You can request a list of domains from NC that have already been in your account. That's the best way to get the full 25 transfers. :)

•••
Guys, what is happenening. Only paid to transfer 5 domains and already get error of promo code. It tells me that Coupon code maximum usage exceeded.

•••
•••
My tip stay with one registry, not only are you a loyal customer but you’re making that registry money. The more money the registry makes the more updates and promos they’ll make.

Wow, next thought of this. Makes sense to me.

•••

hmm its been said here several times that tranfering 25 .io for $4 each is around $800 savings.. is this what you mean by few cents or do you mean somehting else? to me its a bit more than few cents.. but it all depends on everyone bank acounts. cheers

•••
Guys, what is happenening. Only paid to transfer 5 domains and already get error of promo code. It tells me that Coupon code maximum usage exceeded.

hmmm... are you sure you didn't do single transfers... 5 times.. one domain per transfer and thus one domain per coupon.. ?? if so.. then yes.. you would be OUT.

cheers

•••
I haven't even started moving mine yet, just a couple or so to move to NC.
I am surprised though, says on their website 5k names moved. was expecting to see some insanely Huge numbers in short time.
I'll take my time moving couple of names over I guess.
lol

well... it is bit suprise. but then I remind myself that it is 25 limit per person.

usually u get all those insane transfer #s or reg #s on promos when there are no personal limit.. then you get 100 folks who reg or transfer 1000 domains... and its all over.

•••
hmmm... are you sure you didn't do single transfers... 5 times.. one domain per transfer and thus one domain per coupon.. ?? if so.. then yes.. you would be OUT.

cheers

Yes, I did single transfers. Now I know that coipon works for 5 transactions for 5 domains each..

•••
hmm its been said here several times that tranfering 25 .io for $4 each is around $800 savings.. is this what you mean by few cents or do you mean somehting else? to me its a bit more than few cents.. but it all depends on everyone bank acounts. cheers

It’s a figure of speech, if your the one wasting money on .io go for it.

•••
It’s a figure of speech, if your the one wasting money on .io go for it.

you should try some .io one day.. if you know what you doing, it can be money maker.

but that's offttopic for here.. so shoot me by pm if you want to receive a lesson. i never charge a nice guy like you.

•••
Woke up to two confirmation emails.
Clicked them, and 5 minutes got a email from namesilo to confirm transfer out.
Directnic said no to expiditing transfer(5 days), so namesilo wins this 7 horse race

•••
Woke up to two confirmation emails.
Clicked them, and 5 minutes got a email from namesilo to confirm transfer out.
Directnic said no to expiditing transfer(5 days), so namesilo wins this 7 horse race

nice

just for fun of it I emailed them to ask how many days or how long my domains can sit there until I approve stuff with auth codes. I just bought them on promo, didn't enter no auth codes... and now I want to relax after all this promo stress, and just have nice talks here with nice people like my friend steve here.. and others.. and not stess or argue.. and just have fun and coffee.

so I want to know how many days it can sit there with no auth codes. before they get deleted. probably a week or so. but I emailed to make sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back