Domain Empire

Most amount of money you have been scammed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got the idea from Snake for this thread.

So tell us what the most is you have been scammed by. :!:

I have been 'kind of' scammed by my old webhost www.ukhost4u.com (terrible - beware) and stole my domain and took money for hosting they couldnt provide. Suppose the value of the domain and hosting was well over $100.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LogoBuddy said:
$2250 - His name is Jason Tibula (SP?), I was refered to him by Jeremy Johnstone. Jeremey was sketchy at first if he would be doing the work, or if someone else was. Well it turned out someone else was, and when they didn't do it and stop responding to me Jeremy told me he was doing it - but he didn't do it either. So they are both scum in my book.

If you know either of them, punch them in the stomach for me next time you see them. :)

PS. It was a rather large coding job...

According to your post on programmingtalk, is he Jeremy Johnstone Lead Developer iNET Interactive, LLC. and Cerberus helpdesk?

:blink:

•••
Besides those $300 I posted on the first page, I forgot one more: a $110 MOTOROLA RAZR from a guy from Canada. He had a Premium PayPal account, and he even talked to me on the phone, so I trusted him. 2 weeks later, no phone and already 3 neg. feedbacks from others. So, a complaint was filed and I got $100 out of $110 back ;)

•••
not really a scam to me as such my very first host was a reseller and the person he was selling for started charging loads more my host refused to pay then the server owner just switdched it off and deleted everything with no warning, so i lost 3 months worth of hosting although my reseller host tried everything i could and i would still go back to him if he started up again

•••
600.00 for a computer I ordered off eBay, "company" closed, left phone messages, all kind of things, nothing,,,,BS!

•••
•••
the most at once? just $300
combined? $1000's

never ever give a deposit to a freelancer and always use a real escrow service ;)
(any be super super carefull on ebay :) )

•••
im glad my highest was $40 if i see all the things here

•••
Highest was $200. It really sucked :(.

•••
DJ-Sound said:
the most at once? just $300
combined? $1000's

never ever give a deposit to a freelancer and always use a real escrow service ;)
(any be super super carefull on ebay :) )

Good advice.
Stick with Escrow.com, always treat every transaction as though it could be a scam.

•••
•••
Zeeble said:
Good advice.
Stick with Escrow.com, always treat every transaction as though it could be a scam.
I have been on the other side
Got ripped by the Freelance Project poster
He told escrow and job board that project had been cancelled ,when I told him project was finished and To organise for money to be paid on transfer of the work
So I did 50hrs work for no money.
All I got for poject was refund from job board fo my fee
so now I don't do freelance work at all .
Too busy anyhow with Domains

•••
Rob said:
So tell us what the most is you have been scammed by.
$250 or so, in 1986. Me and my then-best friend ran the Dutch fanclub of a certain UK artist, and another 'friend' joined us, and somehow we let him be in charge of the finances... And then he stole the loot. We got it back, though!
Funny thing is, that 'friend' emailed me last year, having 'found' me on the internet. Asking me how I was doing etc. I never bothered replying back. (As for the 'then-best' friend, I am still in touch with him)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back