IT.COM

warning GoDaddy Automatically Adding Websites + Marketing Ecommerce US Free Trial to Every Domain Registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To those who register their domains with Godaddy:

Be advised, you may want to check your products page.

Godaddy has been automatically adding the Websites + Marketing Free trial to all domain registrations. Regardless of whether or not the customer unchecks the box during checkout.

Fact:
Neither the product nor the "Free Trial" appear in the cart when unchecked.

Fact: Neither the product nor the "Free Trial" appears on the receipt when unchecked.

However, when you visit your products page, you'll see the following:

gdwebmkt1.PNG

Tap the arrow down and you'll see how many "Free Trials" have been added.

Go to "Renewals and Billing," filter by product -> Website Builder and you'll see all of your "Free Trials" along with the Auto Renew dates:

gdwbmkt.PNG

Since I've been been painstakingly deleting these daily, I cannot confirm whether or not they actually renew.

However, as you can imagine, in my mission to resolve this, I've received conflicting information on the matter.

Perhaps @GoDaddy can shed a little light on why these products are being added when the boxes are unchecked.

Personally, I neither need nor want this product. Unchecking the box should have made this 100% clear.

I don't need hundreds or thousands of free trials that will NEVER be utilized cycling through, cluttering up and clogging up my account. (Especially when it should not exist within my account.)

I'm posting this now, because I've sent it up the chain multiple times and given Godaddy plenty of time and chances to resolve this and all they did was make the product impossible to delete.

As of today, the product will not delete. (At least not for me.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed some of these in my account the other day. I really don't like how this is auto checked.

It should be an opt-in, not an opt-out.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I noticed some of these in my account the other day. I really don't like how this is auto checked.

It should be an opt-in, not an opt-out.

Brad

That's why we uncheck the box.

What they're doing is adding it anyway.

•••
Let them in, deactivate Autorenewal.
Will leave GoDaddy anyways, no value for Money, except their Auctions, which are obviously, without doing a Research seperated by the CORE GoDaddy.
Cant be possible that one hotline, cant handle on of the Main parts of the Webpage.
So many options to select while dialing the No., but Auctions only via E-Mail.

Just cleaning up currently, can only talk about the Domains / and the way they treated me in the beginning when i bought in 3 Days like 60-70 Domains. Multiple KYCs, multiple times blocked my Account, freezed everything, took so long to get feedback.
I mean, if i legitimate with DIFFERENT Methods (ID, Passport, Bank Account, PayPal) etc. then f**** believe me or close Acc. and refund.

Not want to talk about the things GoDaddy is doing in Auctions, or grabbing / manipulating for their own Premium flag.
Well, im just assuming, heard it from a friend. No judgement.

But people here know.
p

•••
•••
Just stop using GoDaddy ©

Unfortunately, that's currently the only workaround.
I've been with Godaddy for 20 years. This is longer most, if not all of their employees including the top level executives.
I'm not the type of person who abandons ship that easily.
I prefer solving the problem.

•••
@GoDaddy

I tried bulk deleting all of them.
I tried bulk deleting smaller batches.
I tried deleting one at a time.
I even canceled the auto-renew and tried again.
Yet the Free Trials remain.

The last time I checked, the word immediately meant instantly, straightaway, without delay or hesitation.

Did I miss the memo where the definition had been changed to never?

gdmktdlt.PNG

•••
Hi @411domains,
Thank you for your feedback, it's valuable, and we will ensure our product team reviews this. We'd also like some more information to make sure that your deletion requests are being actioned - we'll send a DM shortly.

•••
Hi @411domains,
Thank you for your feedback, it's valuable, and we will ensure our product team reviews this. We'd also like some more information to make sure that your deletion requests are being actioned - we'll send a DM shortly.

@GoDaddy - I replied to your DM...a couple of times...still waiting for a response.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back