Domain Empire

Most amount of money you have been scammed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got the idea from Snake for this thread.

So tell us what the most is you have been scammed by. :!:

I have been 'kind of' scammed by my old webhost www.ukhost4u.com (terrible - beware) and stole my domain and took money for hosting they couldnt provide. Suppose the value of the domain and hosting was well over $100.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow

racism huh?

you should be banned permenantly, i cannot stand racists

•••
TheBush said:
wow

racism huh?

I think its ignorant to say that being skeptical about dealing with someone from Nigeria is equal to being a racist. Nigeria is known to be wrought with fraudsters who have stolen millions, if not billions from people using their Internet scams. If you don't agree, I'd be happy to forward you a couple dozen emails with some investment opportunities you might like to try.

Bottom line, scammers suck regardless of what country they are from or race they are.

•••
sibaong said:
majinbuu1023 said:
a runescape.com ( a game) I got scamed 350,000 gold.. took me ages to get.. and when I got scammed it was my birthday :(((
~lol~ did you buy some stuff or he hack your account?

I was scammed for $70+ by romanian 2 years ago :(

Nah I didn't buy that gold.. spent me about 1 year getting that gold... I was sad for months :(

•••
you lost your gold ? is that what you mean ? how then, to who ? :P

•••
i got scammed for $130 by some ireland person that gave me money for hosting. payed the server. 2months later it was reversed saying it was fraudulent funds or some sh*t and couldnt get it bak. had to put $130 bak into my account i was piss*d :(

TheBush said:
wow

racism huh?

that isnt being racist. if you type "Nigerian" in google the first think you see is "Nigeria - The 419 Coalition Website
We Fight the Nigerian Scam with Education"

i get a lot of emails of this scam. and no effence to nigerian people but a lot of online scams come from there and europian countrys (no effence again)because the USA/Canada usually cant do anything about it.

•••
I've only been scammed out of best $100 so far. Bought what I thought was a certified authentic Haunted Mansion movie poster with signatures. What I got was the poster shown, but the certificate was for a company that didn't exist and some of the names didn't match the real signatures. Been scammed a couple of other times near that same amount, don't want to get into those. :)

BTW, I don't consider mentioning nigeria as racism. No one said that everyone in Nigeria is a crook, but most of the "I have millions in my dead father's bank account that I just need to find someone to get me it." scams do come from Nigeria. There was a hilarious site about some people who turned the scam on the guys. Can't mention it here as some of it was a little risque. Look up 419 and you'll find it. :)

Last edited:
•••
I was scammed out of $45 by ForumMan (who sent me a BILL for the alleged forum member service). PayPal let him keep my hard-earned money. Grr!

•••
$600 for an "invisible" website:(

•••
VG_KING said:

VG_KING is the punk that sold a broken MMORPG to like 10 people. Luckily it was only in NP$.

Hehe

•••
So far, I'm yet to be scammed out of money. But give it a year and I might be back...

•••
$250 for two slots of memory I sold on eBay a couple months ago.

•••
Some terrible stories here.

•••
$800 a couple years ago when I wasn't too bright.. bought a website that was "suppose" to be a money maker LOL. One of the owners cut the hosting and copied the database to start up a dif site-- Some fcking 17 year old (Note: I don't discriminate by age, but these 2 guys were HORRIBLE to work with..).

•••
•••
Aside from paying income tax, social security, bank charges, and freight forwarder charges I haven't been seriously scammed :)

•••
Nearly the same situation here only it was $125 and more time than I was ever willing to put into it. The old owner didnt start up a new one with the same database, but the supposed "$40/month income" Has been at best $5/month, Im just counting that as unrecoupable money.

cyberoptik said:
$800 a couple years ago when I wasn't too bright.. bought a website that was "suppose" to be a money maker LOL. One of the owners cut the hosting and copied the database to start up a dif site-- Some fcking 17 year old (Note: I don't discriminate by age, but these 2 guys were HORRIBLE to work with..).

•••
iv been scamed $1.99 USD from a ebay auction, for 10 gmail invites, they guy never sent them, and never replyed to all my emails :(

•••
Not saying im smart, but. Not yet!

•••
I was Scammed ( if you can call it that ) for $600 my old website developer deleted one of my sites after i had a buyer for it he didnt backup any of the files.
It was quite annoying and i was very stressed through that time but thats the way things go sometimes.

•••
I never have been scammed but I hate scam!

•••
wow lots of people been scammed, luckily its never happend to me.

I think the golden rule is never put up what you cant afford to lose, failing that you could always write this at the end of your emails

Term and Conditions
------------------------------

If you steel my money i will break your face

8-X

•••
Been scammed by : 2 attorneys, 2 courts, 1 local policeman, 6 foreign policemen, 2 parking officers, 2 local governments, 3 registrars, 4 registrar resellers, 1 domain seller, 3 ebay buyers of real goods, 1 ebay seller of real goods, 1 ebay buyer of virtual goods, 1 script writer, 2 php script sellers, 2 telephone companies, 3 ISPs, 1 electricity company, 1 natural gas company, 2 insurance companies, 88 beggars, 4 real estate agents, 1 host, 1 politician, 4 good friends, 1 work mate, 1 business partner, 2 used car salesmen, 1 plumber, 2 electricians, 1 signwriter, and 15 employees .

•••
Never Scammed till now!!

Wow buddy seems like u got gud scamming record....seems its preety easy to scam u...hehe

•••
anyweb said:
Been scammed by : 2 attorneys, 2 courts, 1 local policeman, 6 foreign policemen, 2 parking officers, 2 local governments, 3 registrars, 4 registrar resellers, 1 domain seller, 3 ebay buyers of real goods, 1 ebay seller of real goods, 1 ebay buyer of virtual goods, 1 script writer, 2 php script sellers, 2 telephone companies, 3 ISPs, 1 electricity company, 1 natural gas company, 2 insurance companies, 88 beggars, 4 real estate agents, 1 host, 1 politician, 4 good friends, 1 work mate, 1 business partner, 2 used car salesmen, 1 plumber, 2 electricians, 1 signwriter, and 15 employees .

:hi: I'm my name is Bill Gates, you may have heard of me, I own Microsoft. Its is quite a good company and its makes alot of money every year. I have worked on Microsoft for many years and now i'm tired. I have been thinking about selling the company for a few months now so that i can focus on my main ambition in life, to be a bag packer work at Walmart. After reading your post i feel sorry for you and m willing to sell you my company for next to nothing. If you leave $10,000,000,000 in used bank notes under the bridge at the bottom of the road I will give you Microsoft. I hope you will accept this genourous offer.

Thank you please,

Bill

•••
not yet :) and if it happens - I'll sure make a living hell for that person..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back