TheVlog.mobi
Twat.mobi
BondRate.mobi
MeetOnMobi.mobi
MisBehave.mobi
NewYorkNurse.mobi

Source: Dotmobiz.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
creature said:
A premium .mobi would be nice to own even though Apple have already solved the small screen content issue. However the registry's efforts to make money at the expense of the extension's development is backfiring and the real squatters are proving to be mTLD.
So much remains to be seen about the iPhone, all we have so far really are commercials, spin and some specs. What we do know:

-it looks cool!
-it's expensive
-it looks cool!
-It only works with ATT in the US
-It looks cool!
-It is not 3G (read slow)
-It looks cool!
-You have to zoom and scroll on regular websites
-It looks cool!
-It doesn't come with free internet plan
-It looks cool!
-It won't run all web pages (see other thread)
-It looks cool!
-It has a glass screen (dumb move IMO but not related to the mobile web)
-And lastly, it looks really cool!

I think it will be a successful product but it's not like everyone in America is going to have one by Xmas or ever for that matter. To fixate on the iPhone is to ignore the other 98-99% of users. (I think Apples stated goal with the iPhone is 1-2% market penetration). What I'm glad about is they're actively marketing a consumer mobile product that is used to browse the internet. Sure Apple is selling the "non watered down internet" but I don't care. God bless Apple because they are getting people to buy mobile internet plans. Those are our users! My current mobi sites are 60-80% mobile users so Apple is going to build my user base. I'll use profits to upgrade my Apple laptop to thank them.

garrett200 said:
As a famous NP'er has noted, they are trying to fit an elephant through a mousehole, and it isn't going to work.
Aw shucks :red: I'm famous now? or is that infamous :hehe:

TEXASPLAYA said:
Anyone heard any info on the silent auction names?
It will be on the last day if anything moves.

•••
ezinaz said:
what on earth are you talking about???

What is it that you don't understand?

•••
creature said:
'tv' has had a famous global meaning for decades and perfect for wannabe broadcasters who dream of marketing their own television channel.

I agree with you whit this statment, but I don`t agree with this, as you wrote "On the other hand .mobi does not have a famous background and unlike television, there is no dream product for individuals to market." Maybe, in USA is different, but in my country (Serbia) we use that term (mobi) for a while. Sure, WTF is Serbia...small and pure country in eastern Europe, but hey, our biggest foreign investment is sale of Mobi63 (exTelco) by Telenor for 1.513.000.000 EUR. It is damn huge bunch of money for country with 7.5 mil citizens (more info: Telenor and Serbian government

Mobi is well-known term in Europe and Asia. Don`t think localy but global. It is worldwide market and .mobi has potential, but mTLD has to make smarth moves (I`m not convinced in that, but it is still early to make conlcusion yet)

•••
creature said:
What is it that you don't understand?

Your entire statement.

•••
creature said:
When exactly? YouTube has already gone mobile and the iphone will be out next week! It doesn't get much better. I just wish they would release the premiums sooner rather than later so at least they can be used.

I think you just answered your own question. The iPhone isn't out yet, so they will be seeking out mobile sites when they start using it and realize:

1. They have to scroll and zoom in to see 'regular' content
2. 'Regular' content is going to be SLOW as molasses.
3. Some 'regular' sites they won't be able to view at all because of lack of java and flash.
4. Bandwidth usage is going to be off the charts for 'regular' sites

so, yes, I think people are going to seek out .mobi and mobile compliant sites on this thing. When, you ask? When it comes out.

Last edited:
•••
ezinaz said:
Your entire statement.

I was trying to say that although I would like to own one of the mobi premium names, I do not feel that dot mobi have a good enough product to justify holding onto the premium names for so long. Buyers will just lose interest in .mobi because it is not an essential extension imo. Ok put them in an auction with no reserve, but get them out there asap. In comparison I believe .tv is more justified in charging a premium because, on the whole, imo .tv is a more desirable and necessary extention in the multi-media world.

•••
creature said:
I was trying to say that although I would like to own one of the mobi premium names, I do not feel that dot mobi have a good enough product to justify holding onto the premium names for so long. Buyers will just lose interest in .mobi because it is not an essential extension imo. Ok put them in an auction with no reserve, but get them out there asap. In comparison I believe .tv is more justified in charging a premium because, on the whole, imo .tv is a more desirable and necessary extention in the multi-media world.
.TV is necessary?
sp29.gif

•••
creature said:

The multi media world is flooded with ads (My Oppinion), and the mobile advertising world is at the very begining. I like .TV as well and own some, but any .com site can do that right? But with an opertunity to show your company name/product to people around the world on a device that most people have and carry with them most of the time is priceless!

•••
scandiman said:
.TV is necessary?

just more so than .mobi, more desirable imo.

•••
creature said:
just more so than .mobi, more desirable imo.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
nec·es·sar·y
–adjective
1. being essential, indispensable, or requisite: a necessary part of the motor.
2. happening or existing by necessity: a necessary change in our plans.
3. acting or proceeding from compulsion or necessity; not free; involuntary: a necessary agent.
Nothing in there rubs me as being applicable to .tv

However, definitions #2 and #3 clearly works for .mobi IMO. While .mobi is by no means the only solution for providing content to mobile users, it's coding standards are a direct response to the serious problems of viewing the web on a cell phone and as a result the .mobi tld represents a trustmark for mobile users.

•••
thebiffenator said:
The multi media world is flooded with ads (My Oppinion), and the mobile advertising world is at the very begining.

Most mobi buyers believe that the future is around the corner. We already have the exciting technology with YouTube going mobile and advertising seems very well established even on mobile videos. I still want to try for a premium mobi but I want it today at the market value and before losing all interest.

•••
creature said:
Most mobi buyers believe that the future is around the corner. We already have the exciting technology with YouTube going mobile and advertising seems very well established even on mobile videos. I still want to try for a premium mobi but I want it today at the market value and before losing all interest.

How much would be willing to pay for a premium

xx ?
xxx ?
xxxx ?
xxxxx ?

•••
thebiffenator said:
How much would be willing to pay for a premium

xx ?
xxx ?
xxxx ?
xxxxx ?

As above, I want to try for a premium mobi but I would like one today at the market value. ie auction with no reserve if possible. I don't see the point of the registry holding them any longer? I wouldn't pay more than xxx for the particular name that I am after.

•••
creature said:
As above, I want to try for a premium mobi but I would like one today at the market value. ie auction with no reserve if possible. I don't see the point of the registry holding them any longer? I wouldn't pay more than xxx for the particular name that I am after.

I here ya, so you would be willing to buy some nice .mobis that were regged durring landrush or shortly after? or the names that Mtld are holding back?

•••
I mean one that Mtld are holding back. I'd be happy to see them all go to auction.

•••
creature said:
I mean one that Mtld are holding back. I'd be happy to see them all go to auction.

IT would be nice if they did it, but I think they don't want to put them on all on auction because, alot of people would hold on to them and not develope. I think that they want content provided so that the name is not just parked ect...and instead have the name serve a major purpose to the mobile internet

IMO I think its a great thing what Mtld is doing. A great example is weather.mobi If that would of fallen into the wrong hands then weather.mobi (would be a wasted name...and time for the enduser) for a great name to be developed)

•••
thebiffenator said:
IT would be nice if they did it, but I think they don't want to put them on all on auction because, alot of people would hold on to them and not develope. I think that they want content provided so that the name is not just parked ect...and instead have the name serve a major purpose to the mobile internet

IMO I think its a great thing what Mtld is doing. A great example is weather.mobi If that would of fallen into the wrong hands then weather.mobi (would be a wasted name...and time for the enduser) for a great name to be developed)

I get the point and perhaps that's been fine up to this point. It will be interesting to see how the silent auction goes this week. All the best, have to dash.

•••
creature said:
I get the point and perhaps that's been fine up to this point. It will be interesting to see how the silent auction goes this week. All the best, have to dash.

Defintly I can't wait to see how they turn out, have a great one :)

•••
•••
•••
BocaVision said:
That is a photo of Jesse Labrocca :)

nope...it's JEFF !

•••
dentalpro said:
nope...it's JEFF !

Jeff bidding on Skedaddles.mobi?

•••
Skandiman said:
They are trying to fit an elephant through a mousehole, and it isn't going to work.
I really like that. The whole idea of mobi is to fit. To have a set of rules so sites will fit. To gain agreement among the players in mobile technology on what rules will be used to make sites fit. Mtld is very much like the group that oversees HTML. You are free to make a .com site using any code or mumbojumbo that you wish, but if you want browsers to understand it then you need HTML, or other agreed standards. They are calling .mobi a trustmark. --- you know what you are getting on a .mobi site.

I do not think mtld is much concerned with the ups and downs of the reseller market. I expect they would like a large percentage of renewals, but their main focus is to establish standards. The new alliance is a big step in that direction, it seems most businesses involved with the mobile communications industry are now on board. This is a major milestone.

Mtld is looking to five years from now and beyond. They want a set of standards that will enhance the usability of their member-industries' products. .Mobi is their means to that end. Domainers are along for the ride. It will be a few years before we can see where we are going.

•••
•••
That picture shows a very little room comparated to what I was thinking.....what`s that.....an elite auction for 20 people only?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back