IT.COM

Mixed Reality domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Onekey

Top Member
Impact
I'm starting the official Mixed Reality thread. With Microsoft and others pushing for this phrase some of us are hoping to benefit. This is where we discuss and show case our domains.

My domains:

MixedRealityTours
MixedRealityTravel
MixedRealityFitness
MixedRealitySchool
MixedRealityMath
MixedRealityPhysics
MixedRealityConstruction
MixedRealityAds
MixedRealityTennis
MixedRealityGolf
MixedRealityGym
MixedRealityDate
MixedRealityLove

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The thing with adult is most of the gadget makers wont allow adult apps. In that way, adult names are the safest bet for all of these technologies. Having said that, it's not clear to me how for example you're going to go to a website to 'download some MR smut', the way you can now with VR. I mean, MR is an interactive meshing of your real world and the virtual world, not simply 360 prerecorded video as (adult) VR currently is.
I also have my reservations about MR for adult for the reason that 'MR' just doesn't sound very sexy, even without the instinctive 'mister' reading.

Everything is coding! The headset will be what Maps out your environment not the content. The content will just react to the environment that it is placed in.

Therefore makes no difference wether the content derived from an app or a link (code from the internet)

Last edited:
•••
Time will tell guys.. Its just speculation again
No difference between AR VR MR its all perception. Just need a giant and a good platform to deliver it to the masses.

•••
Time will tell guys.. Its just speculation again
No difference between AR VR MR its all perception. Just need a giant and a good platform to deliver it to the masses.

Yeah can't get how people are not getting that there is no difference between VR/AR or MR in the fact that it is all merely content that is downloaded or sent to the headset/device (n)

•••
I think it will be a while before MR/Mixed Reality tech will be even where VR is today, and by that time it might not even be called that. So I think they do represent a bit of a risky investment outside of the top tier names, more risky than vr/ar/holo. Having said that, this tech eventually will be a trillion dollar industry, so if people are still calling it MR at that time the investments will certainly have paid off.

And why is it more risky that VR/AR or Holo ?

You are aware Microsoft just called the biggest OS platform in the world Windows Mixed Reality ?

What makes Holo or AR more valuable?

AR is more likely to just be phone based apps because the majority of case uses for the tech over the next couple of years will be mobile based. But I don't hear anyone saying the problem for AR could be that it's mostly apps.

Lots of people are started to drop decent Holo domains in light of Microsoft's shift in stance from Holographic to Mixed Reality.

Which is the other Giant pushing the Holo Term?

Not saying Holo isn't a good investment but you can see my point.

Lots of the tech industry, big companies are pointing that the future will be where AR/VR merge to create a mixed reality. But I suppose it still is the riskiest investment ?

•••
Lots of the tech industry, big companies are pointing that the future will be where AR/VR merge to create a mixed reality. But I suppose it still is the riskiest investment ?

You said it right there yourself ‘Merged Reality’ not 'Mixed Reality'.

Lol only messing, I’m staying out of it *wonders off back to the Merged Reality thread to talk to myself*

Last edited:
•••
And why is it more risky that VR/AR or Holo ?

You are aware Microsoft just called the biggest OS platform in the world Windows Mixed Reality ?

What makes Holo or AR more valuable?

AR is more likely to just be phone based apps because the majority of case uses for the tech over the next couple of years will be mobile based. But I don't hear anyone saying the problem for AR could be that it's mostly apps.

Lots of people are started to drop decent Holo domains in light of Microsoft's shift in stance from Holographic to Mixed Reality.

Which is the other Giant pushing the Holo Term?

Not saying Holo isn't a good investment but you can see my point.

Well, sorry if I didn't make myself clear. MR is a riskier investment than VR because it might be many years before MR tech is even where VR is today. AR is already taking off on mobile phones as we speak. We know VR is being called VR, AR is being called AR, but we honestly can't say for certain that everybody is going to call 'MR' MR. Yes, I was aware that Microsoft had named their operating system mixed reality. It's odd that when I used the argument a few months ago that Microsoft had named the world's biggest operating system AND the first headset of it's kind 'holographic/holo' then it was dismissed as no argument or even an argument against holo names.

I didn't say holo or ar are more valuable than mr I said mr is a riskier investment. AR is out there already and set to explode over the next 18 months. Holographics are going to be a thing in the next couple of years even without the HoloLens or mixed reality (and besides holo is repeatedly being used to brand VR, let alone MR/AR).

Last edited:
•••
You said it right there yourself ‘Merged Reality’ not 'Mixed Reality'.

Lol only messing, I’m staying out of it *wonders off back to the Merged Reality thread to talk to myself*

Mate, I have a much better longtail Merged Reality portfolio than my longtail Mixed Reality one so that would be a dream come true if Microsoft said actually we think merged is a better term :xf.wink:

After all both abbreviations would probably be shortened to the same acronym (y)

•••
Well, sorry if I didn't make myself clear. MR is a riskier investment than VR because it might be many years before MR tech is even where VR is today. AR is already taking off on mobile phones as we speak. We know VR is being called VR, AR is being called AR, but we honestly can't say for certain that everybody is going to call 'MR' MR. Yes, I was aware that Microsoft had named their operating system mixed reality. It's odd that when I used the argument a few months ago that Microsoft had named the world's biggest operating system AND the first headset of it's kind 'holographic/holo' then it was dismissed as no argument or even an argument against holo names.

I didn't say holo or ar are more valuable than mr I said mr is a riskier investment. AR is out there already and set to explode over the next 18 months. Holographics are going to be a thing in the next couple of years even without the HoloLens or mixed reality (and besides holo is repeatedly being used to brand VR, let alone MR/AR).

5 different types of MR headsets from 5 different hardware companies are going to be out there in the market for this holiday season.
Those are going to be used in windows MR operating system.
Of course anything can happen and they can decide to call it something else in the future but as of now im not sure people understand how close is the MR term to the actual market.

Last edited:
•••
Mate, I have a much better longtail Merged Reality portfolio than my longtail Mixed Reality one so that would be a dream come true if Microsoft said actually we think merged is a better term :xf.wink:

After all both abbreviations would probably be shortened to the same acronym (y)

I have the ...drones.com in both MRs :) Edit: longtail

•••
•••
•••
Everything is coding! The headset will be what Maps out your environment not the content. The content will just react to the environment that it is placed in.

Therefore makes no difference wether the content derived from an app or a link (code from the internet)
Yeah can't get how people are not getting that there is no difference between VR/AR or MR in the fact that it is all merely content that is downloaded or sent to the headset/device (n)

What's happening in Mr space. Somebody tells me what to do with my small portfolio:

1. MixedRealityMonitor.com
  2. MixedRealityTel.com
  3. MixedRealityScanner.com
  4. MixedRealityInternet.com
  5. MixedRealityProjection.com
  6. MixedRealityProjector.com/MixedRealityProjectors.com
  7. MixedRealityRecorder.com
  8. MixedRealityWearable.com
  9. MixedRealityRobo.com
  10. eMixedReality.com
  11. MixedXXX.com
  12. MixedReality8.com
  13. MixedReality18.com
  14. MixedRealityPayment.com
  15. MixedRealityTraveling.com
  16. MixedRealityTVs.com
  17. PlayerMR.com
  18. PrinterMR.com
  19. ProductsMR.com
  20. ProjectionMR.com
  21. ProjectorMR.com
  22. ScannerMR.com
  23. StuffMR.com
  24. SystemMR.com
  25. TelephoneMR.com
  26. TelevisionMR.com
  27. TVSMR.com
  28. ViewerMR.com
  29. FactoryMR.com
  30. GuruMR.com
  31. HeadsetsMR.com

•••
This is important to understand Microsoft’s take on the MR spectrum and Windows Mixed Reality.
IMG_20170502_213752.jpg

•••
MixedReality. Club
MixedReality. World
MixedReality. Cloud
MixedReality. Co.za
MixedReality. Network
MixedReality. Computer
MixedReality. Systems
MixedReality. Market

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
MixedRealityPhone. phone is dead ?

•••
•••
still hanging in....looking for the next big thing after vr,mr,ar xmd.xr,ar.auh.virtual.augmented.merged

what have I missed lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
still hanging in....looking for the next big thing after vr,mr,ar xmd.xr,ar

My advice go back to Robot - The old thing which will remain the Past, Present & Future always of Domaining & Tech.

I spent a fortune picking up RoboticCars.com, JustRobot.com, BuyRobo.com and so many others but these are a few that i feel content owning.

•••
.I did get a low ball offer today for virtual dot fishing $200

Last edited:
•••
This is important to understand Microsoft’s take on the MR spectrum and Windows Mixed Reality.Show attachment 57077

Ok so in a nutshell:-

The VR and the AR industries are ants.

Mixed Reality is King Kong.

Devices like this:-

hololens.0.0.jpg

That use ‘Windows Mixed Reality’ x5 bigger than Augmented Reality.

Devices like this:-

Acer-Windows-Mixed-Reality-Development-Edition-headset.jpg

That use ‘Windows Mixed Reality’ x5 Bigger than Virtual Reality.

Microsoft's propaganda
anbet.gif

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back