NameSilo

Mixed Reality domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Onekey

Top Member
Impact
I'm starting the official Mixed Reality thread. With Microsoft and others pushing for this phrase some of us are hoping to benefit. This is where we discuss and show case our domains.

My domains:

MixedRealityTours
MixedRealityTravel
MixedRealityFitness
MixedRealitySchool
MixedRealityMath
MixedRealityPhysics
MixedRealityConstruction
MixedRealityAds
MixedRealityTennis
MixedRealityGolf
MixedRealityGym
MixedRealityDate
MixedRealityLove

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like it because there will probably be ways to implement yourself into mixed reality environments. So it could be "Mixed Reality Me" in addition to MixedReality.me.

•••
I like it because there will probably be ways to implement yourself into mixed reality environments. So it could be "Mixed Reality Me" in addition to MixedReality.me.

Cool.

Got Mymixedreality(.)com

in regards to that.

•••
•••
•••
Acquired MixedRealityNews(.)com from XRreality. This stuff happens very rarely, he is not the selling to domainers type..: -)

Great name, from a Great domain investor.

•••
•••
MRControllers

Microsoft unveils Windows Mixed Reality Controllers

They’ll be bundled with Acer’s headset for $399 this holiday season.

dims

Microsoft

What good is a modern VR headset without decent motion controllers? Well, not much. So it's no surprise that Microsoft has announced its first Windows Mixed Reality Controllers, which will support the MR/VR headsets from the likes of Acer and other PC makers. Like HoloLens and various Windows-powered headsets, the controllers will rely on inside-out tracking technology, so you won't need to set up any special sensors to use them.

Read more: https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/11/microsoft-unveils-windows-mixed-reality-controllers/

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
It's funny actually.
Google are actually mimicking the vision of 1 spectrum.
If till now they talked about VR, now they talk about a spectrum when AR is in the middle.
Using immersive computing for the spectrum, i think they decided in the last minute and it wont hold (imo)
They couldn't use MR ofcourse because windows Mixed Reality is so close to launch.

Its only the beginning :)

•••
For now , a graph that shows

Augmented Reality - red
Mixed Reality-blue
Screenshot_20170520-074929.png

1)mixed reality is getting noticed (with no actual headset on the market so its a good sign
2)still far from AR but i assume stuff will change till the end of the year.

•••
For now , a graph that shows

Augmented Reality - red
Mixed Reality-blueShow attachment 58944

1)mixed reality is getting noticed (with no actual headset on the market so its a good sign
2)still far from AR but i assume stuff will change till the end of the year.

"Mixed reality" is getting a bit of play but it seems like the acronym MR is getting near nothing. I googed "MR" and got to page 8 before stopping after not a single mixed reality mention. On page 5 I found an MR article about a cat named Mr. Biggles, apparently, an utter bastard of a cat, lol.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...eone-please-adopt-this-utter-bastard-of-a-cat
"AR" is getting little play, too, but at least a wiki definition is the 4th down.

It may take quite a bit of time before the media will embrace MR since Mr. has been so culturally ingrained for so so many years.

Thoughts?

•••
Wait for the holidays :)

You need to remember that VR has been eith us for ages and AR was always in the background for the last few years at least.

MR was just known to people this year and yet the jump in google trends is pretty big considering Windows MR or any other company promoting MR came out with a consumer product (unlike VR AR). Take your time and chill.. It will take some time.

Last edited:
•••
Reassure me E.
I have some decent longtail names but I really focused on the shorter more brandable MR. It just seems to me that MR might really be in competition with Mr. and it seems to be losing for now.
Nervous over here, with renewals around the corner.

•••
80% of my names in this vertical are the acronym. Im not worried but you should trust your instincts :)

•••
Yeah I'm probably the same ratio- 80/20.
My instincts have done me well in the past, but they have also totally screwed me.
On this my instincts are telling me to hold my best for at least two more years. By then MagicLeap and others will have brought their product to the market and we will see how the media reacts.

•••
•••
Reassure me E.
I have some decent longtail names but I really focused on the shorter more brandable MR. It just seems to me that MR might really be in competition with Mr. and it seems to be losing for now.
Nervous over here, with renewals around the corner.

You have not always got to look at the search results though mate.

For example most people looking for Virtual Reality will either search "Virtual Reality + Keyword" or "VR + Keyword".

Lots of companies have branded around Keyword + VR at the end however.

For company branding Keyword + MR at the end makes sense.

LinqMR.com had no problem branding this way. Others will follow.

Mixed reality was only really mentioned a couple of months ago by Microsoft. The abbreviation they and Magic Leap use is MR :xf.wink:

There will always be companies who prefer to brand around a tech acronym compared to a longtail.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I actually like keyword+MR at the end, and not just becasue the bulk of my names are that sequence, and not just cause I can't stand Mr., but I truly think keyword+MR looks and sounds better than MR+keyword, most of the time at least.

•••
Mixed Reality Market Growing at a CAGR of 75.28% During 2017 to 2021, Says a New Report at ReportsnReports.com

Global Mixed Reality Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global mixed reality market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report includes new sales, volume, and value of the global mixed reality market... Read More

http://www.prnewswire.co.in/news-re...7-to-2021-says-a-new-report-at-624596994.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back