Dynadot

Michael Mann Scammed me out of $1000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is an absolute nightmare. Seems Ive been scammed again.

Details of Scammer

Michael Mann

Web Media Projects, Inc.,
440 E Pass Rd. Suite B
Gulfport, MS. 39507 USA

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 601-213-0881
Toll-free: 866-496-2278
Fax: 601-326-2379

MSN: [email protected]
PayPal: [email protected]
His contact number: 228-216-6707

DigitalPoint Username : c0l0rad0
GetaFreelancer Username : c0l0rad0

I agreed a price of $3,000 for the development of a clone of King.com. He said that i could pay it in 3 stages at $1k each. This was back in October 2007 and he said it would take 2-3 months to complete. So i set deadline after deadline after deadline and he missed 11 in total and I started to get concerned. He maintained it was due to the complexity of the site and limited staff so i believed him. But when he missed the latest deadline, I sent an email asking where it was and he replied with:

then i searched on the web about him and came across this

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2007/NOV/complaint19828.cfm
http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2008/FEB/complaint22448.cfm

so i questioned him on it and asked for a complete refund and he replied with

Can people on NP help me get my money back as this is a lot of money to a student.

Are the contact details listed above seem correct to you?

Thanks guys :tu:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL:

Glibness / superficial charm [True for Mike]
Grandiose sense of self-worth [True for Mike]
Pathological lying [True for Mike, convinces himself!]
Cunning / manipulative [True for Mike]
Lack of remorse or guilt [True for Mike]
Shallow [True for Mike]
Callous / lack of empathy [True for Mike]
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions [True for Mike]
Promiscuous sexual behavior [True for Mike, where do I begin?]

•••
What's this mike guy look like anyways? Anyone have a pic? I've spent the last hour reading the ripoff reports. I'd like to put a face to the all the drama :)

•••
•••
Such a stunningly beautiful man :hearts:

bet he's pulling in the birds ;)

:guilty:

•••
He is really tall and has a 1970's cop mustache. Looks like a pedophile. Always has a gay looking bluetooth in his ear.

•••
My guess is that he's created a new company/email/identity and is still looking for victims. One of his companies is called JAFCO, which stands for Just Another F*cking COmpany. And I bet he's spending some time dealing with disgruntled clients.

Jeff, I didn't have any say over the site look, just the games and backend scripts. He took whatever your ex gave him, handed it off to Christine (who he also screwed out of payment) to make a template, then handed it to me for the actual build. I guess that explains why he couldn't get me photoshop source for the graphics which I needed to properly resize and alter things.

•••
Kev, any update on the emails you sent to FBI and Law inforcements?

If not, it is time to take matters in your own hands....hey, i would gladly chip in a few np to hire DOG, the bounty hunter....:) (or someone else)

Cheers

Frank

•••
liquidcherry said:
Kev, any update on the emails you sent to FBI and Law inforcements?

If not, it is time to take matters in your own hands....hey, i would gladly chip in a few np to hire DOG, the bounty hunter....:) (or someone else)

Cheers

Frank

I havent forgotten about this - Ive found a few other people who got scammed by him and we're considering our options :)

lets just say he wont get away with this ;)

:tu:

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
OMG I thought I knew some messed up folk!

Best of luck everyone in getting this sorted.

p.s. Kev, just pop over the water an give this yin a jaggy bunnet! Good luck man

•••
Wonder how much money hes made scamming :O

•••
He may have made some money scamming, but he could have made much more by doing the job he claimed to be. He's a shortsighted fool.

Personally as a developer, I love doing the computer work, but I hate the other side of the job. Trying to find new customers and do the business end of it totally sucks to me. If someone else hooks me up with work, they deserve to get a nice cut of the payoff. Fact is, I currently work with quite a few people who do exactly that. They put on a suit and go talk to potential clients while I tap-tap-tap the systems together. They get paid, I get paid, customers get what they want. These guys aren't living in single wide trailers either.

So yeah, Mike made some money scamming, but that's dead end. He's good at shmoozing customers and setting up deals. If he had been honest, he could have gotten pretty rich doing that.

•••
Michael Mann took my money too

Hello there i gave this person 800$ via paypal for a social network site project
but he never gave me enything only Scoop of work

•••
omg, he is still doing this?(kev, any update?)

Sorry to here that creative:(

Cheers

Frank

•••
DP is full of scammers, it is really hard to trust anyone as people with high itrader ratings have even started to scam. Namepros is the best way to sell your site and use Escrow if it is a big domain or project you are doing. Be safe and think safe!

•••
What an interesting thread.
I see the site(webmediaprojects) is now down.

Any updates on this saga?

An aside: In the US, you can take cases of amounts such as these to Small Claims Court...no need to hire an attorney for that.
Recouping or collecting a judgment is what may prove difficult.
Kev, you appear to be in Aussie land(?).
Perhaps some joint effort from all the "wronged"...those on this hemisphere could be of help to those not.

I wonder what the Total $$ losses are.

•••
I just found out that Mike Mann is back in jail for parole violation!

W00T! One more for the good guys!

*oops, did not mean to tip off his PO and the district attorney:) HAHAHAHA

•••
phpl33t said:
I just found out that Mike Mann is back in jail for parole violation!

W00T! One more for the good guys!

*oops, did not mean to tip off his PO and the district attorney:) HAHAHAHA

I call that a result ;)

•••
He will love the lawsuits waiting for him when he is released!

•••
phpl33t said:
He will love the lawsuits waiting for him when he is released!

Even if i dont end up getting my $1k back, ill still take some satisfaction that Michael Mann is back behind bars where he belongs!

any idea how long he got? :laugh:

•••
•••
Three cheers!

I've spent the last two hours or so reading through this thread and looking at some of the links. I was especially glad to see that it ended well. As someone who works as a full-time freelance writer for several companies, I can understand how awful it must have been for those who were scammed. I've worried in the past about spending a month working on lengthy, time-consuming projects, and not getting paid in the end.

Kev, the one consolation you have is that the internet can serve as a great tool to expose scammers and bring an end to their dishonourable activities. Thank God for Google searches. Three cheers for having been so persistent and for not giving up! What are you drinking, mate? My shout. :bingo:

•••
I also just read through all of this. It seems it was a bit of entertainment for many. However, the one piece of advice I can't help put give unsoliciated is that for people like Kev - be careful. You've done all you can to expose this guy on the internet and recover your money. But you must really reconsider when going back and forth with this kind of guy - and his ex-best friends/ ex-employees...who knows who all these people are! If it's true that this guy has already been to prison and is BACK in jail - it's not impossible that this guy has more than a few screws loose. Know what I mean?

If you've pissed him off enough, and he feels very threatened by all of this - you never know when someone like this just might show up at your doorstep. For all of the tough guys on here saying they'd love to pay Mr. Mann a visit - come on, we know that's just tough talk. I'm hoping the vast majority of you realize how stupid and dangerous a move like that could be.

Kevin - I understand your grief over this matter - but should something like this ever happen again in the future (for anyone else), you should just pursue these matters legally and take it easy on letting him know who is boss (as far as posting his info all over). Is 1K worth forever having a psychotic enemy? No one is invincible just b/c they are behind a screen - remember that. Put your dear old pride away - take it as a lesson learned - especially if you have spouses/children. :cy:

•••
Burano said:
Is 1K worth forever having a psychotic enemy?
Yes. Bring them on. I am fighting the another battle over half that ammount with a Commit1 webhosting sham. I will track the owner down eventually and have a heart to heart with him if I don't recieve my money.

I support you Kev, I hope you get your money back and also stock up on security and protection if you know what I mean. I agree with Burano that this guy could be way crazy, but you have the advantage of him not knowing how crazy you are ;) Go get em!

•••
Burano said:
I also just read through all of this. It seems it was a bit of entertainment for many. However, the one piece of advice I can't help put give unsoliciated is that for people like Kev - be careful. You've done all you can to expose this guy on the internet and recover your money. But you must really reconsider when going back and forth with this kind of guy - and his ex-best friends/ ex-employees...who knows who all these people are! If it's true that this guy has already been to prison and is BACK in jail - it's not impossible that this guy has more than a few screws loose. Know what I mean?

If you've pissed him off enough, and he feels very threatened by all of this - you never know when someone like this just might show up at your doorstep. For all of the tough guys on here saying they'd love to pay Mr. Mann a visit - come on, we know that's just tough talk. I'm hoping the vast majority of you realize how stupid and dangerous a move like that could be.

Kevin - I understand your grief over this matter - but should something like this ever happen again in the future (for anyone else), you should just pursue these matters legally and take it easy on letting him know who is boss (as far as posting his info all over). Is 1K worth forever having a psychotic enemy? No one is invincible just b/c they are behind a screen - remember that. Put your dear old pride away - take it as a lesson learned - especially if you have spouses/children. :cy:

Never live in fear. Expose the truth, never lie, live a good life and whatever befalls you accept graciously but NEVER, I repeat NEVER run in fear or hide from the actions of evil men for my friend this is the hope of all evil doers, that weak men will hide and run. I would think all terrorist, or pimps, or corrupt wall streets moguls who pollute the world would hope that someone keeps quiet. In Iraq today I am sure some family is threatened to shut up by real killers, but if they are quiet they risk injuring more than just their family. I'm glad to see men and women all over the world fight for good causes, nothing worse than a coward. Good men never die for the wrong reason. Don't ever die a coward. My advice.

God bless!

Paul

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back