NameSilo

Mike Mann wants GoDaddy to give him all of their domains

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News started by mr-x, Jun 12, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. mr-x

mr-x Acme Domains Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What a headline.

TL;DR - Mike Mann wants GoDaddy to give him its domain portfolio. He'll drop the crap and sell the top 25% for a reasonable commission. He demands this would be best for GoDaddy stock holders.

I lookup up Chutzpah on the Internets and found this:
    mike-mann-225x300.jpg

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...with-a-godaddy-plan-give-me-all-your-domains/

Also, he has a beef with an unnamed GoDaddy employee.
    Screenshot from 2019-06-12 13-50-29.png

That ends this episode of Domainer Soaps.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

Money does not give you power, Mr Mann should be more careful on the internet.
    I speak from experience here, I ran a large forum based site and had crazies showing up at my door threatening my family because they were banned from the forum.

Money won't protect from crazy people, the best thing is to forget and move on.
    If you can't do that at least plan your revenge in private.

3. wizard

wizard Domain Wizard VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

4. .X.

.X. NameFeature.com Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Mike Mann is a very savvy man as history will prove, he gets pissed off too just like anyone else, doing business in this industry can drain a person down, I think he is just talking from a business perspective.

If he feels the valuation tool is costing him money, which they can, then the venting is probably justified

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  5. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

Or is it just the BEGINNING?!?!?! (insert ominous background music here)

6. mr-x

Mike.

7. mr-x

I assume most GoDaddy brokers believe the best domain a end user can buy is one from GD's portfolio.

8. DomainGuy86

DomainGuy86 Established Member

Mike is the Michael Jordan of the Domain world....if he speaks, we listen. Also, if you check the picture out...in the reflection of the window is a wide expanse of water--meaning, the guy can afford a million-dollar view like that...he ain't hurtin' one bit!

9. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I could do a better job than OP, just in case @Joe Styler

Godaddy has a system of selling domains that just hasn’t been matched to date. No one person or small team will change that, imo.

10. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

We know Keith, after all

11. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The first line was sarcastic - you didn’t quote “just in case”. Fake news on your end. The other line is true though.

12. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

HeHe... Quoting only what is advantageous to one's own needs is an art form :xf.laugh:

13. mr-x

A dubious claim.

14. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

WTF wit celebs acting crazy on Twitter nowadayz?? Must be sanity zodiac in retrograde or because the moon now weighs a lot heavier because of that asteroid crash recently.

I mean, first Justin bieb randomly challenges Tom cruise to a brawl on tweet

Now mike Mann askin gd to fork all domains to him lol

15. mr-x

Mike's position is,
    1) Godaddy has too many domains in their portfolio and the cost is damaging to their overall profitability.
    2) He could do a better job of selling those domains.

Mike should spend sometime cleaning up his own domain market. It maybe true he could get more money than the avg broker but the obvious conflict of interest disqualifies him. IMO.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  16. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Shock jock.

17. iAchilles

iAchilles Top Member VIP

So sue them for loss of earnings. I have to agree that their tool is a joke, and nothing more than a gimmick. Are Godaddy willing to pay 5% of their mid $x,xxx valuations on all that pigeon crap? Hell no.

Their tool has had an influence on negotiations breaking down on a number of leads/inquiries for me so I share his frustration.

18. .X.

We have to coexist with these appraisal/valuation bot tools, if a person literally takes these appraisal tools as the bible so to speak, it can absolutely be a tough task to justify any other pricing than what the appraisal tools out there give. It is very-very hard to justify and try and negotiate with a buyer if they are adamant about these tools as their guide to purchasing names.

The tools are not like a kelly blue book or nada guildline for value vs supply and demand vs trend value.

The bot tools don't appraise on market values such in the case of liquid domain names, niche market spikes, they just base pricing off of similar name sales, which is ok, but can be very old data, niche market trends and liquidity certainly can add substantial value to a name IMO

19. platey

platey Top Member VIP

The online valuation website addresses will get much more accurate as more and more website addresses are sold

The domain name industry is still very new and many still don't know that there is a domain name industry

20. dande

dande Premium Domain Names VIP

To be honest, Godaddy Valuation tool is destructive to domainers and costing us sales.

Imagine you priced your domain $10,000 (USD) and right under it, Godaddy placed link to their "Estimated Value". When the buyer clicked on the link, they will see -
    Estimated Value: $1,377 (USD). Do you think the buyer would want to continue?

And this may be a domain name you bought for $2,000+

That's not fair to domainers. Godaddy is being extremely self-serving with the tool

21. dylose

dylose New Member

interesting, do you think he has the power to demand such things? :D

22. mr-x

Software doesn't understand nuance, slang, current events, typos, made up words, word mashups, customer acquisition cost, type-in traffic, etc..

Domain appraisals are much harder than real-estate appraisals.

23. platey

platey Top Member VIP

Domain name investors have options in as much as they can choose to list themselves and go down the approx automated valuation or their own idea on price or hire a broker but I reckon hiring a direct sales professional is just as good that doesn't even need to know anything about domains they only need to be able to negotiate the price on behalf of the domain name investor

24. droned

droned Established Member

Mike Millionss.com
    💲💲💰💸💵

25. .X.

I agree, these bot type of valuation tools are not healthy for the industry.

When used as a benchmark by a potential buyer, they do influence the buyer and also give the buyer a false sense of the value of a domain name.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: