IT.COM

Michael Jackson domain name what the &#@^ is wrong with these people!?

Spaceship
Watch
Hello I'm watching CNN live, LA times confirm MJ is Dead CNN has not confirm it yet. So I go to check to see if any of these cybersnakes idiots register MJ domain name and I can not believe it MichaelJacksondied.com and Michaeljacksondies.com is registered. What the hell is wrong with these people this just PISS me off these people are not Human. Some people do anything to make a dollar! SICK!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a friend of mine that was in the beat it video.

Last edited:
•••

The sad thing is 100% NONE of the so-called tribute domains will sell for $100. I doubt any will go for reg fee

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I like this. Your on-sale domain will provide a real service and I see it as tasteful. Kudos to you for that :)

Hi guys.This is my opinion.

I was the first domainer to post that mj was dead on here.That was my initial reaction to hearing the news.I too then took a look at mj domains and found a few were available.

jackodead.com
jacksondead.com

Did I buy them? No.Why? Its not a business its called sick domaining.

Why do you ask did I look.I looked because I am interested.I looked for the hell of it.I looked but did not reg that is the point.If I had wanted I could have snapped up a hell of alot of mj domains.

What I did buy though was michaeljacksonsale.com
I intend to get around in a couple of months time to develop this and be able to let companies or people sell memrobillia or point them to record dealers.

Whats the difference....I regged a mj name....

Yes I did but I am ethical about it.

Fyi domains I refused but could have got were

jackodead.com
jacksondead.com
ripmj.com
michaeljacksonsdeath.com

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Stop making threads everytime an event occurs and how shocked you are... you aint going to change those guys, why bother wasting your breathe complaining, "championing" your cause.

One can never underestimate the power of shock value.

•••
I think ultimately what this thread is about is ethics.
Here is my point.Go to sedo and search for michael jackson.Then look at how many domains are for sale....its in the high hundreds.All death,died,overdose,nose this that and the other.

In my opinion they are distasteful,pointless,and in 2 weeks will have little type in,so a useless buy.They will maybe make their money back if they are lucky with some clicks but thats about it.

They have no vision.

Contrast that to today, a good 20 hours after he died.I took a look for michaeljacksonlp and michaeljacksonlps.
Both were available in the .com and both have huge potential for both short and longterm growth.There is no profiteering on his death,its called being inteligent.

beatles lp gets 4400 local and 9900 worldwide searches EXACT PM.

Michael jackson is in that category.

I hope this is a lesson to all those sick domains that were created.

•••
Before celebrating your high ethical standards and lp keyword search volume you may want to read ADR forum decison FA0108000098464

"DECISION
I direct that the names <ethebeatles.net>, <ebeatles.net>, <ithebeatles.net>, and <i-beatles.com> be transferred to the Complainant."

•••
Before celebrating your high ethical standards and lp keyword search volume you may want to read ADR forum decison FA0108000098464

"DECISION
I direct that the names <ethebeatles.net>, <ebeatles.net>, <ithebeatles.net>, and <i-beatles.com> be transferred to the Complainant."

You are talking TM here not ethics.Bad taste v Good taste.If you want to discuss TM's fine,I doubt you will find any problems with those domains.

•••
There is no profiteering on his death,its called being inteligent.
Let's call it profiteering on his name, to be exact. Ethics, IP and TM are not mutually exclusive. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hi ecalc,

I just read the page.. Everything in there seems to suggest exactly what people are saying about it being registered in bad faith, not that I think we can tell much from one single panelist decision.

"DECISION

•••
Hugs to all

Last edited:
•••
johnnyCashIsDeadAndHisHouseBurnedDown.com

What kind of *!#%! lowlifes could register such a domain name??! It just turns my #*!% stomach!

It's a country music song by the Gatlin Bros.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

The only ones making $ here are the registrars and ebay, these reserve prices are in their dreams both night and day dreams. Sad more over is eBays incompetence to moderate and rather make .25 cents per listing

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Oh well, at the least it was not a pre death reg.

•••
The only ones making $ here are the registrars and ebay, these reserve prices are in their dreams both night and day dreams. Sad more over is eBays incompetence to moderate and rather make .25 cents per listing

eBay now allows ppl to list 5 items a month for free no matter how high the starting bid is. And this just started recently, I believe. So eBay stands to lose a lotta cash they'd have made this time a month ago. They'd still get 100% of final sales fees but lol Like these embarrassig domains will sell?

•••
•••
Just regged MichaelJacksonLatestNews.com... Has a lot of google EXACT search results, I like this name regardless of what anyone thinks...

•••
Creation Date: 25-jun-2009

Correct, it is not a pre death reg like another I seen that was reg back in Feb. 09'

•••
Take a look at this: MJ autopsy photos domain??!
MICHAEL JACKSONS AUTOPSY PHOTOS.COM DOMAIN NAME DOT COM - eBay (item 230352092623 end time Jul-26-09 11:14:56 PDT)

THAT IS IT boys and girls. I'm tired of these kinda things and worst of all, they'll keep popping back up. The best I can do is show these domainers as the assholes that they are. I will launch www.AssholeDomainers.com within 24 hours. Keep your eyes peeled.

Edit: The site will be up soon but as I need to write all content for it -- it's taking awhile.

Last edited:
•••
Just regged MichaelJacksonLatestNews.com... Has a lot of google EXACT search results, I like this name regardless of what anyone thinks...

and what will it be in 2 months from now when this death fad is over unless it was estate news, etc..

3,420 results. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Michael+Jackson+Latest+News"&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3

•••
Take a look at this: MJ autopsy photos domain??!
MICHAEL JACKSONS AUTOPSY PHOTOS.COM DOMAIN NAME DOT COM - eBay (item 230352092623 end time Jul-26-09 11:14:56 PDT)

THAT IS IT boys and girls. I'm tired of these kinda things and worst of all, they'll keep popping back up. The best I can do is show these domainers as the assholes that they are. I will launch www.AssholeDomainers.com within 24 hours. Keep your eyes peeled.
Gave you a good rep I think your doing something that should be done to expose this ppl.

•••
•••
And a free transfer of domain :sold:

I think this is just a way of saying, "I'm gonna rape your wife and molest your 12-year old daughter... but I'll wear a condom!" Gee that makes it all better lol

•••
Hopefully in 2 months, I will have a MJ fan/tribute/news Site up and running.. And if not, it's certainly worth the $7.50 to find out what happens....

and what will it be in 2 months from now when this death fad is over unless it was estate news, etc..

3,420 results. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Michael+Jackson+Latest+News"&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3

•••
People die, no biggy. Someday I will die and my kids, I do not want them to be all sad, I want them to joke about me and get rich off my life insurance. People are born and they die, it is just natural and a good joke or a stupid domain name does not take away the achievements of the passed. It also does not erase the bad things a person did, though may bring forgiveness.

Also, a lot of people are not sad to see a pedophile dead. I wish ALLl pedophiles were. Those people here with children, most likely share this idea.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Let me also point out the fact that domainers watch the news waiting for that domain that will hit. Whether it be an event of tragedy, hope, war, love, or whatever... that is how domaining works partially. Capitalism itself bleeds from people and destroys people in order to make others wealthy. My point being, do not judge, as the man said, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged". Religious/Spiritual or not, these are wise words. We ALL have done despicable things on some scale, so nobody has the right to point fingers any direction. There is enough hate and blame mongering in the world without our help. Was MJ a great artist? Yes. Was he a freak? Yes. But, he will live forever as the King of Pop.

Last edited:
•••
Michael Jackson death

Hopefully in 2 months, I will have a MJ fan/tribute/news Site up and running.. And if not, it's certainly worth the $7.50 to find out what happens....

Here's more details surrounding Michael's death.

My condolences to the family,
LexisDomains

•••
Here's more details surrounding Michael's death.

My condolences to the family,
LexisDomains

Psh, you know the other 4 are coming out of the woodwork to get fame and the rest of MJ's money. Just seeing their behaviour at the reunion proves that. Now if the mom and dad are alive still, I extend my prayers to them, to lose a child.... I cannot imagine. :'(

But, he did this to himself, all the drugs and treatments... a body can take just so much.D-:

•••
Hoping this MJ thing isn't going to drag on for weeks. I hate this enforced public mourning. Its sad but there's faaaar more important things going on in the world :zzz:

•••
I'm surprised that not more of these domains were registered before the events of June 25th, with someone as famous as Michael Jackson. Looking at the whois..

Last edited:
•••
For all the ambulance chasers out there
domains to register

Neil armstrong dead/died/dying/memorabilia.
monarchy memorabilia
elizabethiidead

all in .com.go get em

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back