Dynadot

Michael Jackson domain name what the &#@^ is wrong with these people!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello I'm watching CNN live, LA times confirm MJ is Dead CNN has not confirm it yet. So I go to check to see if any of these cybersnakes idiots register MJ domain name and I can not believe it MichaelJacksondied.com and Michaeljacksondies.com is registered. What the hell is wrong with these people this just PISS me off these people are not Human. Some people do anything to make a dollar! SICK!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello I'm watching CNN live, LA times confirm MJ is Dead CNN has not confirm it yet. So I go to check to see if any of these cybersnakes idiots register MJ domain name and I can not believe it MichaelJacksondied.com and Michaeljacksondies.com is registered. What the hell is wrong with these people this just PISS me off these people are not Human. Some people do anything to make a dollar! SICK!

Sounds like you're mad you didn't get one of these domains. Besides, michaeljacksonisdead.com and similar websites will make nothing. Who is going to type that as an address?

•••
Great, the domain moral police strike again!
Waa waa waaa!!!

•••
Yep and then we ask ourselves why the general public and corporations have such a negative view of domainers... It's because of idiots like this.

This is what is wrong with the domain industry. People who are trying to run a legitimate business have to be associated with these morons.

Brad

•••
Well who was the one that went looking for the sites and domain? How did you find out. With all due respect and I dont want to get flamed or anything but how would you know if you didnt go looking for the domains in the first place?

•••
i count ten extensions taken for 'michaeljacksondead'

farrahfawcettdead .com is gone as well

there must be better ways to make money

patrickswayzedead is available ........ for the money hungry

Last edited:
•••
tell me this why exactly did you go and look at those exact names? This happens to very tragic event why bother bringing it up anymore? not saying this about you but with my experience with this most of the time the person who finds the names unless they were in the media was looking at them to buy them but then they are taken and the person gets mad. now again im not saying thats what you did. its just my opinion and experiences.

•••
Not gonna lie, I bought an MJ domain.

Massive respect to the guy - but some people will do anything for cash.
At least I have "RIP" in the name, makes it a tad more respectful methinks.

•••
•••
There's absolutley nothing wrong with this.

•••
•••
•••
if you died and people buy your names wont you feel honored or something or at least your family? i wont give a sh*t if they make millions out of it.. :P maybe the company who runs the record label do.

•••
Yep and then we ask ourselves why the general public and corporations have such a negative view of domainers... It's because of idiots like this.

And this is WHY morals exist here -- to not tarnish this industry further.

•••
REAL dominers have morals.

lol whats so moral about calling someone an asshole for giving their thoughts?! and you say you have "morals"?

•••
hey i love michael jackson why dont i make a tribute site and earn from it? what is wrong with that?
im not saying i did that i dont love michael that much to waste my time on him.

Correct. There are Nirvana sites and Elvis sites etc. This is questionable but these sites are made mostly by FANS who make the sites more as a tribute than anything. Some others will simply try to profit off a dead celeb. THAT'S the difference: The latter cares about money and not the artist they profit from. The ethics of this can be argued and it had been for ages now.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

There's absolutley nothing wrong with this.

So if your mom died and I (a total stranger) tried to profit off your mom's death... there wouldn't be any problems with it either. Right?

Letting the subject hit closer to home.

•••
IMO. why can a news paper make money on tragic events?

•••
if you died and people buy your names wont you feel honored or something or at least your family? i wont give a sh*t if they make millions out of it.. :P maybe the company who runs the record label do.

Sure I'd want stragers making money off my death. Yeah :(

•••
I know that these conversations come up every time there is a tragedy, please just remember the NP rules. No name calling is necessary. If you feel that you can not state your opinion without swearing or calling names, then please refrain from posting until you can.

There are millions of people who are on both sides of this topic as well as how they feel about the death of MJ. In death please always remember that some where there is someone who loved them and that they are hurting right now. Respect is key.

•••
lol whats so moral about calling someone an asshole for giving their thoughts?! and you say you have "morals"?

I call 'em as I see 'em

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I know that these conversations come up every time there is a tragedy, please just remember the NP rules. No name calling is necessary. If you feel that you can not state your opinion without swearing or calling names, then please refrain from posting until you can.

There are millions of people who are on both sides of this topic as well as how they feel about the death of MJ. In death please always remember that some where there is someone who loved them and that they are hurting right now. Respect is key.

Exactly. I'll refrain from my 'asshole' comments. EGO (everyone's got opnions)

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

One more asshole comment: A lotta ppl see them as assholes too. But then again, they WORK for the money. Ya think a reporter will hang around a deadly battlezone in Iraq for recreation?

•••
Randy don't you dare call me an "asshole" if you cant respect other people then don't bother posting at all there is a way of posting on this forum with out using vulgarity. I know its you opinion but it can really insult people trying to give their input into the conversation.

•••
Screw WackoJacko, poor Farrah! :'(

Though,back in the day, he was a bad *** mamma jamma! Most of y'all are too young to know the power of the moon walk. LOL

Last edited:
•••
Randy don't you dare call me an "asshole" if you cant respect other people then don't bother posting at all there is a way of posting on this forum with out using vulgarity. I know its you opinion but it can really insult people trying to give their input into the conversation.

I wasn't :|

•••
please guys lets all be mature and professional here if we really are atleast try to show some.

•••

actually, i believe the general public and corporations have a negative view of domainers because what we do - most of us - is morally indefensible on its face. the difference between those death vultures and most of the rest of us is a matter of degrees.

nobody who reads the news each day hoping to be the first domainer to catch wind of the latest invention or trend has any right to complain about anybody capitalizing on a death. we all have lines we will not cross. some draw their lines lower than others. but there's always somebody who draws his line higher than your's. it's all relative.

i think the average person gets a low opinion of domainers the minute he tries to register the perfect name and learns some domainer is sitting on it and will only give it up for big bucks. that average person says the same thing about domainers that some of us today are saying about the obituary vultures. people say these things about all of us countless times each day, and they say these things not because one of us registered michaeljacksonisdead.com - the average person couldn't care less - but because one of us registered the name they had wanted for their website.

with few exceptions, domaining is an industry of hoarders and vultures. we swoop up domain names solely for the purpose of making money off people who may need that name for his or her website. that's reason enough to create hatred in people. we live in a moral gray zone.

to act as if it's nobler to register TodaysBigInvention.com than it is to register TodaysBigDeath.com is either an exercise in hypocrisy or willful blindness.

•••

If I may step in between the mud slinging for a moment, this is one argument that comes up a lot in defense of this stuff.

Newspapers, even gossip rags like most have them have become, provide value. They report news that people want to hear. Personally, I think an awful lot of reporters and newspapers are mainly parasitic garbage, but that's another story. Theoretically, at least, they provide a service.

The person regging a domain like this, though, is simply parasitic. Such a person can't even pretend to be providing any real value or service. That's the difference.

Why do we care, then?
As Reece said, all domainers are tarnished by this behavior. It makes it much more difficult for our industry to grow, thrive and get respect.

Worse yet...it's not as though the MJisDead.com guy makes any real money. I mean, I would be more understanding if someone sold their integrity and tarnished an industry for a big chunk of money.

All the real profits in domaining will come from serious business, and this behavior just makes it more difficult to get those profits. It's very short-term.

TKstark...that's a good post. But there still remains this: One person is taking advantage of another's tragedy for personal gain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back