IT.COM

debate The domain name industry is large because most people drawn to it are so stupid.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
I've looked at the domain droplists. Many sheets.

I've looked at the domain name sales data.

Frankly, 99% of domain activity is embarassing and cause and effect from destitute scrubs.

Think about this for a second. A human being with a brain genuinely believes they can sell a domain name like 1Coin.xyz for $5,000.

Stupid. Plain and simple. Dumb. Process of natural selection will likely get the better of people like this.

Now look at this garbage on tonight at GoDaddy: 35533.com.
Live and ongoing auction. Current bid at $11,000, 34 bids etc...

That's a lot of stupid people because this name has zero value. Disagree? Tell me how anyone can successfully use this domain, and justify the price of 11k.

How about this not even a little bit half decent name: RecoverData.com. Pfffft... What were 295 people thinking when they considered this rubbish tonight? It's on the top of the high bid list.

I'm being serious. There is no industry with a collective average IQ below the domain name industry. Go to any registrar and look at the top 10 names for exhibit A.

Okay

How do you stop people from thinking names like "TreeCentral.com" have value?

Or how do you buy a quality aged domain that's had several owners meaning it's likely the previous owner sales tactics could have hurt the value of the name?

Honestly, I don't think it is possible.

Not ever.

I think the industry will be full of dead beat loser cavemen thinking they've discovered fire.

That's why I have been fiercely liquidating. Almost done too.

So if you agree write it down and shed some light. If you disagree, I'll sell you a name with GoDaddy Appraisal at $10,000 for only 10%.

Sarcasm. Sorry, I know I had to elaborate...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried selling my best domains in a bundle for $350 last month because I going into other ventures. One of the domains with a $2.3K+ GoDaddy appraisal. Nobody wanted to purchase my names and on NamePros everybody wants a cheap deal.

Why bother with domain names when I get CASHFLOW of 20% in the stock market. You must be pretty gullible if you invest your millions in domain names instead of real estate or stocks. Domain names aren't easily liquidated. Only if you own the best names. One word names and dotcom.

Please do tell me the stocks you are investing in with a 20% return...

The only gullible one seems to be you.

Please proof some of the real estate and stocks you are invested in and with who, which I doubt you can provide.

Right?

This year alone sold 200k+ worth of domains (2 domains) both did well over 100% ROI. Highest one did even do well over 8x of the purchase price which was not much longer then 2 years ago that I got that domain on auction.

On top of that I run a marketing agency and some Authority websites.

What is your point exactly? Posting absolute trash like this for no reason, go into stocks then instead of playing it down.

Jeez, so confused about people most of the times.

"Never get a higher return on domains and stocks and real estate does so much better, then honestly what the hell is holding you back skipping domains and going for what makes the best/most return for you? I know you can't answer that.

Last edited:
•••
You all fell for a troll thread, just let it be.
Nailed it - I have this idiot on ignore and looks like I did not miss a thing - only noticed when someone commented today

•••
hmm... not sure how your math works. I am not "spending" 7 figures, renewals are basically the opex of the business. Since normally renewals are about 1/3 of my revenue, if I reach 7 figures in renewals, it means I have reached triple that in revenue and double of that in profit pre-tax.

And even if I had to invest low 7 figures to get there, it would be a great business, as the investment is one-time event, while the profit would be recurring annually.

Yes. Getting to 6 figure renewals fast )) Hopefully, will get to 7 figure renewals in another 4 years

Hi

my math isn't in error,
though the extra detail you provided above, provides better insight.

i'm just trying to put it in context and show a comparison, for those who make think they need 1000's of domains to play this game.

imo....

•••
Please do tell me the stocks you are investing in with a 20% return...

The only gullible one seems to be you.

Please proof some of the real estate and stocks you are invested in and with who, which I doubt you can provide.

Right?

This year alone sold 200k+ worth of domains (2 domains) both did well over 100% ROI. Highest one did even do well over 8x of the purchase price which was not much longer then 2 years ago that I got that domain on auction.

On top of that I run a marketing agency and some Authority websites.

What is your point exactly? Posting absolute trash like this for no reason, go into stocks then instead of playing it down.

Jeez, so confused about people most of the times.

"Never get a higher return on domains and stocks and real estate does so much better, then honestly what the hell is holding you back skipping domains and going for what makes the best/most return for you? I know you can't answer that.
Evolution Gaming and AddLife are the two stocks. Please now tell me the domains that you have sold for 200k+

And you sound bitter. Can't even having a discussion without a melt down??

Last edited:
•••
First half the population is near moron IQ level just a few points above a chimp

Second, chimps are actually pretty intelligent they have better flash memory than all humans, you can be a 200iq human and a lowly chimp will beat you in a flash memory test

Third, I used to own 1coin(s).com in the 90's

So to the new owners, .xyz is one of the better TLD's

Generations X Y Z use it

So if you are into the coin game which now includes crypto, 5K might be cheap on the .xyz

So you show why domainers are so dumb, your own IQ is too low to be making such opinions

Mine is considered on the level of DaVinci a once every 1000 year 250 or so IQ human

NSA uses my work in encryption
NASA uses my work to find exo planets
USGS uses my work in new quake theory

I create new laws in physics and math

What do you do besides criticize others for having a low IQ, yours is pretty low, you are clueless as to why 1coins in any TLD has value

•••
Mine is considered on the level of DaVinci a once every 1000 year 250 or so IQ human

Brilliant people just are brilliant. Brilliant people don't need to tell you how brilliant they are, on some random domain forum, while promoting some shitcoin.

Could you imagine DaVinci self-promoting on some domain forum; telling people how brilliant he was?

Enjoy trolling while you can. It probably won't take long for your account to get restricted because of your actions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
As to the value of 5N domains, I'm very puzzled too. I research end users in China almost everyday but I rarely come across a Chinese company operating from a 5N or longer domain, yet they do sell -- and for good money. Up to 4N -- yes, they have definitely applications by end users.

It's a postal code in numerous countries

Easy number
3 55 33
Since two pairs

Zip codes is most obvious value
Of NNMNN

•••
@Super-Annuation I think the word "UNINFORMED" is more helpful than "stupid" and domain registrars need to shoulder much of the responsibility for the seducing uninformed entrepreneurs to the DOMAINRUSH. It doesn't seem to be a popular notion on this forum but domainers should be thinking about MONETISATION differently. Selling your domain name is not the ONLY way to make dollar from it. Some Namepros argue that building a website isn't easy and I've got one simple word for you from 13th century Middle English which is B@LLOCKS! Building a website is easier than taking a p-ss. So I think the emphasis should be on domain monetisation education rather than just selling which doesn't appear to work for the majority of domainers. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
•••
You had me with "1Coin.xyz for $5,000" and then abruptly lost me with no understanding of why RecoverData.com was attracting the bidders.

There are always going to be whackos out there due to the low cost of entry - a $10 .COM hand-reg suddenly makes you a "Domain Investor" with all the rights and privileges thereunto appertaining. But that only applies to 1% of your comments.

•••
•••
There is no industry with a collective average IQ below the domain name industry.

That is doubtful since it is known that vocabulary is strongly correlated with IQ and you're talking about people who literally work with words all day, every day.

Yes, I too occasionally look at the latest DNJournal reports and end up scratching my head over some of the names that sell for what they sell for, but if some of the sales appear 'stupid' that would seem to be on the end-user, and to a certain extent becoming a more successful investor may entail having to contort one's thinking to conform to the end-user's mentality, recognizing that purchase decision are often made more based on emotion than cold calculated logic and reason. That's why domaining is not an exact science but there's an equal amount of art to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back