IT.COM

Michael Jackson domain name what the &#@^ is wrong with these people!?

NameSilo
Watch
Hello I'm watching CNN live, LA times confirm MJ is Dead CNN has not confirm it yet. So I go to check to see if any of these cybersnakes idiots register MJ domain name and I can not believe it MichaelJacksondied.com and Michaeljacksondies.com is registered. What the hell is wrong with these people this just PISS me off these people are not Human. Some people do anything to make a dollar! SICK!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
please guys lets all be mature and professional here if we really are atleast try to show some.

Yes.
Apologies if my posts sounded stern. That wasn't my intention. It was brought up -- why this practice is so frowned upon. It's a touchy subject but as Rachel pointed out this arguement pops up everytime tragedy hits. I dunno why anyone argues over this (me included) but it draws the ire of many investors.

•••
I don't see why you all bitch about it.

It's going to happen, get over it. EVERYONE is looking for a quick way to make a buck, something like this isn't going to stop someone. The amount of times these threads are made is stupid, you all waste time saying it's immoral and disgusting, yet you actually give it attention.

Get over it, not all of us want to work a 9 till 5.

•••
Last edited:
•••
completely unrelated, but james where'd you get your avatar? from the headband, the shoulder strap, the dark hair and beard, it looks like hercules as reimagined in the 1970s for 'the mighty thor' comic books. but that's clearly a modern drawing of a smiley contemporary fellow. i'm just curious.

•••
lol you guys are funny, so many LARGER atrocities going on right now and you guys are worried about a few domain names

•••

It's going to happen, get over it. EVERYONE is looking for a quick way to make a buck, something like this isn't going to stop someone. The amount of times these threads are made is stupid, you all waste time saying it's immoral and disgusting, yet you actually give it attention.

James your my hero ahah and i agree with you 100%

•••
I was just minutes to reg Michaeljackson.la to build a website in memories as was available then I think twice and finally for respect to Michael I didn't reg it because I know how it's hard when someone dies and if one of your family died, I suppose it wouldn't be respectable to reg his name to make money or else. So I'm happy that I didn't reg that even if someone did reg few hours after.

•••
This is nothing unexpected.

People dont always practice good ethiics or have the same morals you do. I agree with you, it's usually tasteless depending on the circustances and event. That's why I don't register these types of names. But I don't bash those who do either. It is what it is.

•••
completely unrelated, but james where'd you get your avatar? from the headband, the shoulder strap, the dark hair and beard, it looks like hercules as reimagined in the 1970s for 'the mighty thor' comic books. but that's clearly a modern drawing of a smiley contemporary fellow. i'm just curious.
Common phrase we used between friends and then I found the image in google images.

James your my hero ahah and i agree with you 100%

Thanks danbag.

•••
I don't think there is anything wrong with creating a tribute website to MJ even if financial gain is the motivating factor as long as it shows no disrespect to him and his family.

Love u MJ RIP

•••
I'm not going to buy any MJ names, but I am selling both of my sealed Thriller vinyl records. I just seen one end on Ebay for $1000. Whenever anyone dies, people rush to sell off memorabilia.

Does this mean I'm a low-life? Why keep it when it will never be worth more than this week?

RIPMJ.com is taken !!

Last edited:
•••
I'm not going to buy any MJ names, but I am selling both of my sealed Thriller vinyl records. I just seen one end on Ebay for $1000. Whenever anyone dies, people rush to sell off memorabilia.

Does this mean I'm a low-life? Why keep it when it will never be worth more than this week?

good luck with your auctions

•••
lol you guys are funny, so many LARGER atrocities going on right now and you guys are worried about a few domain names

Well, if your neighbor's doberman comes over and poops on your porch every morning, just repeat to yourself "There are so many larger atrocities in the world today. Why worry about doberman poop on my foot very morning?"

Get it? Yes, a thousand people slaughtered in a country you'll never be within 1000 miles of is an atrocity. But poop on your foot is personal.

I suppose there's not much point in complaining about it, since it's not going to change. But, honestly, anyone who thinks they will break out of their day to day drudgery by regging michaeljacksondied.com is living in a not very pretty dream world - and can look forward to many decades more of working they don't enjoy.

•••
I totally desagree with people who wants to reg mj now, they are fully disrespect his familly, not ethical because like someone said above "people rush to sell memorabilia". You are just like those paparazzi waiting drama to happen to get big bucks selling picts.... If you've reg before his dead then it's not disrespect as you reg because youre a fan or else.

Also there will always be 1 website :Michaeljackson.com

Last edited:
•••
Yep and then we ask ourselves why the general public and corporations have such a negative view of domainers... It's because of idiots like this.

True, and its so easy for any "idiot" with a few bucks to get into this market. Theres bound to be many, many idiots.. LOL Thank god we have you to balance it out REECE :) :)

•••
Sounds like you're mad you didn't get one of these domains. Besides, michaeljacksonisdead.com and similar websites will make nothing. Who is going to type that as an address?

Your an Idiot if you think Im mad! I would never reg something like this for profit. I know it won't sell but why reg these names?

•••

Agreed completely. Ethics play into it but c'mon -- it's not like MadonnaIsDead.com will be sitting unregged forever (assuming it's not regged by now). We despise it but it's gonna happen. The question is: Will it be you NPers who take it?

•••
lol...I'm more shocked that people are shocked that people do this. It happens everytime.

Not my cup of tea and it's nice to see most members moral compass faces north but really, did you expect anything less from those that don't have the same opinion or moral inclination.

Waiting for the next tragedy so someone can start the obligatory "what's wrong with people" thread, so everyone can be outraged. It's kinda funny now.

People will do what people do and there is nothing you can do to change that. I suggest just concentrating on what you can control i.e. your own actions.

Lmao...the most active thread I've seen in ages.

Last edited:
•••
Or even the typo is getting crazy traffic..........

michealjackson.com

•••
Looks like Godaddy and eBay are making some money on this. I can't believe the amount of MJ names being registered and for sale there. Most don't even make sense :-/

•••
I suppose there's not much point in complaining about it, since it's not going to change. But, honestly, anyone who thinks they will break out of their day to day drudgery by regging michaeljacksondied.com is living in a not very pretty dream world - and can look forward to many decades more of working they don't enjoy.

Their is a lot of point, it gives me a reason to laugh at people. For us to think that everyone has the same morals, people will stop at nothing to get ahead but nobody can see that. Also, I don't think they'll get out of a shit life style but if you get like 1000% ROI on a hand reg because someone wants to buy it, who are you to complain? you're in a better position then before.

RIPMJ.com is taken !!

Do it, who cares what others think, you need to get along in life. goodluck and I hope you get some nice $$$

•••
99% of mj domains wont make a dime thats what makes all of this so irrelevant....yes, 99%, the entire rest of the internet has no idea those names even exist regged or unregged, but lets freak out about it on a forum as if these domains are getting huge publicity and raking in massive amounts of money. please.

•••
Don't be stupid.

1. It's low character.
2. It's unprofitable.

Don't sell out for -$3.72, if that.

•••
As expected, there are going to be people out there trying to make money on this, as with any other event. It's sad, but its their ethical choice. I wouldn't do it.

•••
As expected, there are going to be people out there trying to make money on this, as with any other event. It's sad, but its their ethical choice. I wouldn't do it.

No, it's sad we waste our time sooking about this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back