IT.COM

Meaning and Values when examining ngtld names..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
How does everyone feel about the value of ngtld being determined by an equal number of short characters on both sides of the dot? I have been doing some testing with subjects over the last couple months. In my small research I find that people who I tested have responded best to ngtlds that have exactly four characters on each side of the dot. Of course it helps even much more when both sides of the dot are a perfect match for each other in natural language.

For example:
true.love

is infinitely better than
findinglove.xyz

This may seem like common sense but I have really been testing a lot of different combinations of ngtld and for the subjects who I asked to rate the different domain combinations the 4L.4L sequence seems to give the best results so far. Any thoughts? Opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I completely agree with you, the symmetry seems to make it easier on the eye, to remember and makes nice logos when the keyword is related to the extension.

4L.4L or less is best i think.

•••
there is a hot o2o website in China, its name is ele.me (in PinYin ,it means "r u hungry?"),
it give up on eleme.com, ele.me is better fluent and nature than eleme.com in mandarine.
i think it is the advantage of ntlds

•••
how the domain works with the gtld matters more to me and my eye than just having the same amount of characters with so so keyword +gtld

example:
true.love vs blue.love =true.love is better keyword for ext.
true.love vs cars.love=not better keyword but looks better and works better with ext.

cars.love even though a great keyword, doesn't work that well with the extension.
someone would pay a lot for the keyword but it doesn't work that great with the gtld.
if you have one that works with the extension you are ahead of the game.
hope my poor example helps a little
just trying to help.love

•••
Back