NameSilo

LLLL.com COUNTDOWN!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

NO MORE 4 LETTER DOMAIN AVAILABLE TO REGISTER!

Since early 2005, I have been investing/trading with 4 letter domain names. I started this thread due to the large variation in opinions on how many four letter domains there are available. When I started, I heard a range on viewpoints ranging from 200,000 down to nothing. What I learned that most people did not know how many were available.

Sources of Error for the estimates in number of available 4 letter domains include:

Traffic Testers: These are people who buy thousands of domains at a time to see if the domains are being visited and only keep the small percentage of domains that have regular visitors and cancel their orders for the domains that don't have a regular flow of visitors.

Inefficient ways of making estimates: There are over 450 thousand possible 4-Letter domains. There are short cuts that people can take in estimating the number that been registered that don't include all domains. One short cut that is often taken is for somebody to search through a list of previously available 4 letter names that they purchased (or got for free) and assume that all the names that are not on that list are registered.

People quoting old information:The variation in the number available changes all the time. Estimates that are months old are very different than up to date estimates.

People manipulating information for a sale:It definately is true that incorrect information on the available number of 4-letter domains can intensionally be manipulated to sell 4-letter domains at a higher price. Typically the lack of supply tends to motivate people to pay higher prices.

As a 4-letter domain trader, I believe that the information of how many 4-letter domains there are is extremely valuable for two main reasons. Firstly, my pricing of my names is subject to the amount of work it requires for customer to find for similar name. Secondly, if I want to increase my stock of 4-letter names than the information of how many there are at reg fee prices is essential.

I decided to update this thread when the number of available 4-letter domains dropped to the following levels:
22% Remaining - 25th January 2006
19% Remaining - 31st March 2006
16% Remaining - 29th June 2006
13% Remaining - 1st August 2006
10% Remaining - 15th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early April)
9% Remaining - 26th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early May)
8% Remaining - 2nd March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing in June)
7% Remaining - 21st March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early July)
6% Remaining - 3rd July 2007(crossed without traffic testing some time in July)
5% Remaining - 1st August 2007(crossed without traffic testing August 11)
4% Remaining - 14th August 2007(crossed late August)
3% Remaining - 15th September 2007(crossed In September)
2% Remaining - 14th October 2007
1% Remaining - 31st October 2007
0% Remaining - 2nd November - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

Although, the number of available domains does sometime rise straight after it drops due to traffic testing and people dropping their domains, I don't consider it worth mentioning unless the rise is as significant as a 3% rise in the number of available domains.

Types of Four Letter Domains that have run out include:
- ALL OF THEM!

Since I started this thread important event about four letter domains that are worth mentioning happenned:

1: Late March/Early April 2006 there was a significant shift in the market for brandable (fake words) 4-letter domains and they started selling at significantly higher prices and the market for the names has been a lot more active ever since.

2: In July 2006, a namepros member 3par launched DYYO.com as a site committed to educating people about 4 letter domains. This is an excellent resource for those who are interested in 4 letter domain names.

3: In early February 2007. All the 4 letter domains starting with the letter A ran out.

4: wasistdas won QQNQ.COM, PCZV.COM & IQKE.COM for the competition for predicting when the 4 Letter domains would run out
Less than 23% of the 4 letter domain names are unregistered. I thought I'd try to keep this thread updated every time I discover another 1% reduction. I am now routinely checking the percentage of unregisted 4 letter domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been watching the countdown with keen interest as I own quite a few LLLL.com's. I have also just registered another batch today to do my part :hehe:

Today's registrations:

kvvj.com
ovvj.com
uvvh.com
uvvj.com
yvvg.com
yvvh.com
yvvm.com
uwwj.com
vwwh.com
vwwj.com
oyyj.com
uyyb.com
uyyc.com
uyyf.com
uyyj.com
uyyk.com
uyyv.com
uyyw.com
vyyc.com
vyyd.com
vyyf.com
vyyg.com
vyyh.com
vyyj.com
vyyr.com
vyjj.com
yvjj.com
fyvv.com
yrvv.com
vvyi.com
vffy.com
yjjv.com
yppj.com
yrrw.com
ntnq.com
egvj.com
ekvf.com
epvk.com
etkv.com
evfj.com
evgj.com
evgk.com
ufdw.com
ujdw.com
uldw.com
umdw.com
vjdw.com
jwnw.com
nwjw.com
ujnw.com
vjnw.com
vknw.com
vlnw.com

I tend to stick with a common theme or go with good sounding domains. Most of the ones I registered above have double letters in them as there are now very few double letters left that don't have x,q or z in the domain. The rest were for personal interests.

Best regards

•••
This morning I hand regged: VEXJ.com
QWWR.com

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
If I would have 65k, I would register 10000 LLLL.com 's. They do extremely well for me. On one side, I hope it will reach 0 soon, on the other side, I wish that moment will not be that soon, so I can reg some good ones when I will have funds :)

Last edited:
•••
Tried to resist the urge but couldn't help myself :(. Just registered a few more:

oyju.com
vgiu.com
vwiu.com
ydiu.com
yjau.com
yjea.com
yjei.com
yjou.com
ykiu.com
yrau.com
yvau.com
ywau.com
yweo.com
ywoi.com
ywou.com
yiej.com
ioyv.com
oayj.com
oeyh.com
oiyh.com
oiyw.com

I hope for my bank account's sake that the rest of the LLLL.com's are registered soon as I can't help the temptation to keep registering a few here & there :)

•••
•••
Just noticed something interesting. There are 234,256 combinations of LLLL domains without the letters Q, Z, X & Y (the 4 most disliked letters). There are only 2,277 LLLL domains left without any of these letters in according to dyyo.com. This means that it has now dropped under the 1 percent mark (2,277 / 234,256 = 0.972%).

Quite exciting to see it under the 1% mark considering I hold many of these domains. And yes, I know, I must have far too much time on my hands :guilty:

Regards

•••
On DYYO.com in the last hour I found
13 CVVC.com left
196 VCCV.com left

startyourengine - I like yrau.com. Nice Australia Day domain.

Last edited:
•••
Those are the nastiest looking cvvc.com's i've ever seen :D.

•••
VURG said:
startyourengine - I like yrau.com. Nice Australia Day domain.

Thanks. I was thinking something to do with Australia for it too. I also thought NTNQ.com would be good to develop some day to do something for Northern Territory & North Queensland (tourism maybe??).

•••
Hand regged today:

YTRP.com --- perfect for a travel domain website "Your Trip" :wave:

There are still some great ones left, just search around on DYYO re the letters you like!

•••
Looks like it's too late for me to grab any good LLLLs.

Was trying to grab some with 2 repeat front letters like xxyz.com
Ran a script to check the list and the ones left don't look convincing.

Anyway I'll just post the available domains here if anyone's interested.

ffqk.com
iiqw.com
jjqo.com
jjvq.com
llqw.com
llqf.com
llqv.com
llrq.com
llxk.com
nnqv.com
nnvq.com
qqvg.com
qqej.com
qqfv.com
qqih.com
qqhv.com
qqov.com
rrqv.com
uufq.com
uuqf.com
uuqg.com
uuwq.com
vvfq.com
vvlq.com
vvmq.com
vvnq.com
vvqd.com
vvqe.com
vvqg.com
vvql.com
vvrq.com
vvxs.com
vvxm.com
yyvq.com

•••
I just registered ejxa.com. It sounded very brandable to me, especially after using the "text to speech" thing by cepstral.com.

Go to

http://www.cepstral.com/demos/

and chose Millie (UK-English)

it sounds brandable, doesn't it?

•••
19 domains starting with either the letters B or C left. The other 35133 are currently registered. It changes between 0-80 on a regular basis at the moment.

BQXP.COM
BRQF.COM
BTQR.COM
BVQH.COM
BWQJ.COM
BXJU.COM
BZFQ.COM
BZWQ.COM
CJZN.COM
CTJQ.COM
CXUW.COM
CXVF.COM
CZQE.COM
CZQV.COM
CZVB.COM
CZVH.COM
CZVJ.COM
CZVU.COM
CZVY.COM

Last edited:
•••
Regged cffz and rep added. Thanks

•••
anyone have any impressive confirmed sales?

•••
Did my daily duty and regged ORLJ!

•••
Today I regged xuec and epvb

Cheers

•••
Another one bites the dust... RWPK.com is now a part of my portfolio:)

Hopefully we will see the available names drop below 20k by sometime in Aug.

•••
GreenGambler said:
Another one bites the dust... RWPK.com is now a part of my portfolio:)

Hopefully we will see the available names drop below 20k by sometime in Aug.
I think August is a bit too soon but I hope your prophecy is accurate :)

Regged SQLn today, so another one bites the dust!

•••
Hand regged PHNZ.com today --- great phonetic for "phones"! :wave:

Let the countdown continue!

Last edited:
•••
Picked up:

XKRO.com
UJTP.com

ST

•••
I did my daily work. I got JUWJ.com :).

Ty Maier

•••
when the day cums when there all gone .then lots of domainers will sell and flood the market.....well thats what i think

•••
Just got HYPV.com --- yah great for stress relief and hyperventilation and all that bad stuff! It's good to see the # going down B-)

•••
Noticed today around 8 eastern there were just above 28000 LLLL.coms according to DYYO.com and now there is only just under 27000 so someone just reg'd a bunch. Likely tasting?

Derek

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back