Domain Empire

discuss Landing Pages Why No All in One Solution

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who Do You Use for Landing Pages

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Parking Company

votes
    13.5%
  • Marketplace Software (Efty, DMP, EPIK)

votes
    43.2%
  • Paid Outside Broker or Marketplace

votes
    9.5%
  • Your Own

votes
    29.7%
  • None, let them find me if they want the name.

votes
    4.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I Want it ALL. Landing pages with revenue, no commission, low or no monthly fee. control. txt records

So i'm trying to see if there are some other services i am unaware of out there. It seems to me every solution has holes.

I want to control and handle my own leads and not pay a commission for direct navigation inquiries.

And I want to monetize whatever traffic i do get.

I also need to sell names on third party marketplaces so I need to add txt records to names.

And in many cases i want an "artist rendering" of what the natural website would look like for the stated domain name.

And I want some control and not have to fit into someone elses thoughts on what should be on the page.

And if i find a good affiliate deal to promote, i want to put it on all my webpages with one click.

Plus i want my pages SSL and index on search engines. I dont need a promise of great SEO, just dont "not exist" and i dont want to advertise to the search engines im a parked page.

Anyone have something that comes close.

Thanks for the look and help me evaluate if you can.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Unfortunately, Let's Encrypt is a different matter because after reading this I'm not so sure it's a good idea...

I dont think that's really fair. First off the protocol Let's Encrypt created is open source so anyone can do free SSL certificates so there is fragmentation in free SSL too. Secondly it is not fair to say they dont have any skin in the game because they are backed by multiple large well known tech companies.

•••
By the way, from a technical standpoint you could just as well self sign your certificate. Browsers won't like it but it's just as secure.

Technically yes but given the browser will display a very overt error about it not being a trusted CA the average internet user would perceive it as less secure. Heck they probably wouldn't know what that's means and think the website's been hacked or something.

•••
Thanks for all the great arguments in favor of Let's Encrypt.

I'll likely use it going forward with my real actual sites but for domain landing pages, I'll continue to outsource them. Why? Because I want to focus my efforts on what is best for me. I develop web apps and do domains on the side.

That guy is a troll. If you read the comments there, people completely stripped him naked. Not only the argument is the weakest, it is deliberately wrong and confusing. And that is from the guy with all kinds of certificates.

An apparent troll-on-the-payroll...

They knew that their would be a backlash in the comments, but they also knew that lots of people don't read comments, and, sometimes, all you've got to do is seed the poison.

•••
I am using this setup. All free, including cdn for hosting with incredible fastest loading (it's just html).
forestry.io + Hugo (or another staticfile generator) + netlify for hosting..

•••
•••
To my experience it depends on the domain too, some names are very easy to sell with just a basic HTML page, heck even a phone number, let's say write.com that is being discussed in another forum, but some names just don't work like that, say wanna.io (again not mine and discussed in another topic) no many inbound I'd assume therefore a big marketplace like GoDaddy and commission doesn't really matter then.

•••
How do you suggest anyone makes money without commissions there is no need to supply anything for free.

•••
So after trying to do it all myself which really was a pain, instead now I let some other service take care of it for me and focus on the more important stuff like actually selling what I have. And along the way improve my buying and selling skills.
Very much agreed.

•••
vpscheap.net

I pay less then $4 USD / month

in order to have it run smoothly
I (soft)reboot it several times per day

Ever tried netcup.de? They're stellar.

•••
I read that article when it came out Brad and I am thinking about moving away from Let's Encrypt. I agree with you not sure it's a good idea.

If you use cpanel with AutoSSL they should get signed by cpanel through comodo if I'm not mistaking. They also offer domain validated certificates for free.

Last edited:
•••
If you use cpanel with AutoSSL they should get signed by cpanel through comodo if I'm not mistaking. They also offer domain validated certificates for free if I'm not mistaking.

Thanks, yeah when I moved to ssl my tech person said just use Let's Encrypt and that's they have been running on the site.

•••
@BradWilson @equity78
you guys should have also read the comments to that nonsensical article. Its just a failed propaganda coming from a commercial certificates sellers being sour they can't control all of the market.

By the way, all domains parked at Dan and Epik use Lets Encrypt (of course).
Yes, I guessed as much about both points.

For me I'm pretty much done managing all the technical stuff which I used to do and it wasn't fun. Now I'm focused on the buying and selling because that's way more important.

•••
Thanks for all the great arguments in favor of Let's Encrypt.

I'll likely use it going forward with my real actual sites but for domain landing pages, I'll continue to outsource them. Why? Because I want to focus my efforts on what is best for me. I develop web apps and do domains on the side.

•••
Very nice @b2betrade -- I was wondering could you tell me how you are monitoring the progress of the front-end you created?
Nameshpp.org for frontend & visitors tracking with single analytics account

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-24-20-08-20-889_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-24-20-08-20-889_com.android.chrome.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
•••
One solution for me, is to create my own landing pages and create a make offer/buy now link to Dan.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
I Want it ALL. Landing pages with revenue, no commission, low or no monthly fee. control. txt records

So i'm trying to see if there are some other services i am unaware of out there. It seems to me every solution has holes.

I want to control and handle my own leads and not pay a commission for direct navigation inquiries.

And I want to monetize whatever traffic i do get.

I also need to sell names on third party marketplaces so I need to add txt records to names.

And in many cases i want an "artist rendering" of what the natural website would look like for the stated domain name.

And I want some control and not have to fit into someone elses thoughts on what should be on the page.

And if i find a good affiliate deal to promote, i want to put it on all my webpages with one click.

Plus i want my pages SSL and index on search engines. I dont need a promise of great SEO, just dont "not exist" and i dont want to advertise to the search engines im a parked page.

Thanks for the look and help me evaluate if you can.

From what we know, Epik does it all, if we are not mistaken.

•••
I've used both custom landing pages and marketplace parking at sedo, dan, godaddy and namesilo. I've had most success with namesilo. I think in part because its also the registrar I use. While it would be nice to have more options at namesilo for marketplace parking, I do feel they work pretty well for sales. I've sold many domains with them. The transaction process is very smooth and worth the commission fee.

•••
And I want,

-visitor IPs.

and, less important:

-email forwarding. (our fundamental right as domain owner,
just like having IPs of visits).

-adding text /images (for seo etc)

-trustability (buyer's persepective)

-nonproblematic SSL (or no SSL) : Browsers prevent some stites from
being accessed only becaue they don't like/trust their SSL (I suspect nontrusted
means no-bigbro-backdoor, but this is just a logical guess, no other evidence)

Last edited:
•••
Do you have any insight if it was launched or not ?! Thanks.

Great minds! I just sent an email to the person in charge of the project about the same time you made your post...I must admit it has been on the back burner of my mind. I will post any update(s) they share with me.

•••
Do you have any insight if it was launched or not ?! Thanks.

My platform that allows custom ad spots and contains most asked for in this thread will be available before March arrives.

We will eventually be able to provision hosting, WordPress, or dynamic websites (ie: job boards) using templates — all from your dashboard. Much more to come.

It will be our all-in-one solution for domain management, development, marketplaces, marketing, and tools with no registrar lock-in.

Not sure if you're on the waitlist yet but you can get up to $20 in credit, link is easy enough to find.

(I am not the developer Mister Funsky mentioned but I have most of the platform coded, just need to get it user-ready and my timeline may work better for those that don't want to wait.)

•••
With a little more technical knowledge, you can get a cheap hosting with free SSL, unlimited domains and host Wordpress Multisite. With Multisite, each domain can be single webpage or multipage mini-site. You can accept payments directly via Escrow.com button, or install Stripe payment code. You also can add Google AdSense or banner ads to earn money, and best of all, you can use Google Analytics to track everything.

•••
So you want it all - with no effort or repercussions but all the rewards.

and of course 'Scary' repercussions for the host. good luck with that

•••
vpscheap.net

I pay less then $4 USD / month

in order to have it run smoothly
I (soft)reboot it several times per day
Thanks for the info, I'll need to check into this. I'm currently paying way more than that and may need to move.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back