Dynadot

discuss Landing Pages Why No All in One Solution

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who Do You Use for Landing Pages

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Parking Company

votes
    13.5%
  • Marketplace Software (Efty, DMP, EPIK)

votes
    43.2%
  • Paid Outside Broker or Marketplace

votes
    9.5%
  • Your Own

votes
    29.7%
  • None, let them find me if they want the name.

votes
    4.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I Want it ALL. Landing pages with revenue, no commission, low or no monthly fee. control. txt records

So i'm trying to see if there are some other services i am unaware of out there. It seems to me every solution has holes.

I want to control and handle my own leads and not pay a commission for direct navigation inquiries.

And I want to monetize whatever traffic i do get.

I also need to sell names on third party marketplaces so I need to add txt records to names.

And in many cases i want an "artist rendering" of what the natural website would look like for the stated domain name.

And I want some control and not have to fit into someone elses thoughts on what should be on the page.

And if i find a good affiliate deal to promote, i want to put it on all my webpages with one click.

Plus i want my pages SSL and index on search engines. I dont need a promise of great SEO, just dont "not exist" and i dont want to advertise to the search engines im a parked page.

Anyone have something that comes close.

Thanks for the look and help me evaluate if you can.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
build your own page.
html is free!

•••
build your own page.
html is free!

thats a pretty good suggestion.

build one lander, then just find and replace with domain name?

•••
So you want it all - with no effort or repercussions but all the rewards.

and of course 'Scary' repercussions for the host. good luck with that

•••
thats a pretty good suggestion.

build one lander, then just find and replace with domain name?

It is not ok to build html solutions as it means you have to host all of the domains in order to have particular HTML for all.

Take a look at the scripts offered for free here on namepros, you can have only 1 hosted site and then with DNS records you can point all of the others.

Some examples:
- https://www.namepros.com/threads/dn...d-free-parking-page-for-your-domains.1135653/
- https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-one-file-landing-page-for-mulitple-domains.1110702/

Thanks,
Cristian

•••
How do you suggest anyone makes money without commissions there is no need to supply anything for free.

•••
IMO the commission you pay to a marketplace is worth it, that is because of the trust factor, people will trust a landing page hosted with a reputable company (like Uniregistry, Dan, EPIK..etc) more than a landing page from anonymous person (that can be a scammer or a hacker). So you will have a higher chance of selling your domains if they are hosted with a reputable marketplace which will justify the commission you will pay.

You can integrate Escrow.com with your own landing page, which will add a layer of trust and security to your page, but I still prefer a landing page from a reputable company because it will be much more professional and will be better in every aspect.

•••
IMO the commission you pay to a marketplace is worth it, that is because of the trust factor, people will trust a landing page hosted with a reputable company (like Uniregistry, Dan, EPIK..etc) more than a landing page from anonymous person (that can be a scammer or a hacker). So you will have a higher chance of selling your domains if they are hosted with a reputable marketplace which will justify the commission you will pay.

You can integrate Escrow.com with your own landing page, which will add a layer of trust and security to your page, but I still prefer a landing page from a reputable company because it will be much more professional and will be better in every aspect.
Well said, fully agreed. I have seen such cases where buyers make no attempt to fill out a landing page they dont know then just changing it to a well known company creates a sale or inquiries.

•••
I've been in the domain game for awhile like 20 years. I've also been a web developer for even longer and thought I could roll my own - wrong.

Yes, I can do all the technical stuff and it kinda sorta works but things change and keeping up with 100's if not 1,000's of domains becomes way too much.

So after trying to do it all myself which really was a pain, instead now I let some other service take care of it for me and focus on the more important stuff like actually selling what I have. And along the way improve my buying and selling skills.

I still program, but the projects I work on now are for a much more important part of my plan and not just the basic things.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
•••
So after trying to do it all myself which really was a pain, instead now I let some other service take care of it for me and focus on the more important stuff like actually selling what I have. And along the way improve my buying and selling skills.
Very much agreed.

•••
I've been in the domain game for awhile like 20 years. I've also been a web developer for even longer and thought I could roll my own - wrong.

Yes, I can do all the technical stuff and it kinda sorta works but things change and keeping up with 100's if not 1,000's of domains becomes way too much.

I still program, but the projects I work on now are for a much more important part of my plan and not just the basic things.

I hope that helps.

I have done it all
it wasn't worth the hussle

dan does the job

•••
It is not ok to build html solutions as it means you have to host all of the domains in order to have particular HTML for all.

Take a look at the scripts offered for free here on namepros, you can have only 1 hosted site and then with DNS records you can point all of the others.

Some examples:
- https://www.namepros.com/threads/dn...d-free-parking-page-for-your-domains.1135653/
- https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-one-file-landing-page-for-mulitple-domains.1110702/

Thanks,
Cristian

I always thought this one was excellent and the better of the two links you provided.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-one-file-landing-page-for-mulitple-domains.1110702/

Super easy, just park your domains in your root folder and voila.
Combine it with www.hostpapa.ca for hosting at insane low pricing in Canadian dollars which means someone from the US saves an additional 35% which comes to about $1.90 US per month.

HostPapa allows unlimited parked domains and when you combine those two you have an incredible combination for any beginner. Or just chose another super cheap host and you are on your way.

PS. HostPapa has the real cpanel for that price.

•••
Ah the joy's of hosting 100's of domains on a super cheap host and being hacked or slowed to a crawl because it's on a shared account.

Or spending time and effort to install SSL certificates that may or may not be reliable. All this because SSL certificates are now needed to build trust with your potential customers. Then remembering to update them when they expire...

And finally, waiting hours for the domain to resolve to be able to connect everything so it goes live.

Nope, now I currently use Epik and it's live within minutes after a few simple edits done and ready to go - thanks next.

•••
Ah the joy's of hosting 100's of domains on a super cheap host and being hacked or slowed to a crawl because it's on a shared account.

Or spending time and effort to install SSL certificates that may or may not be reliable. All this because SSL certificates are now needed to build trust with your potential customers. Then remembering to update them when they expire...

And finally, waiting hours for the domain to resolve to be able to connect everything so it goes live.

Nope, now I currently use Epik and it's live within minutes after a few simple edits done and ready to go - thanks next.

A decent vps let's you install ssl for free with one click, auto-renewing every 3 months.
At least that is what Let's Encrypt with Plesk is doing :) + wildcard subdomains.

•••
Last edited:
•••
There is a new parking/selling solution being built as we speak/type. It is not my place to share who, but I think it will be launched sometime in mid/late November and I am sure they will make the announcement here.

It is unclear if monetization will be included...I hope so. Whoever builds a parking/marketplace page that will allow me to sell my own 'spots' on that page for ads will get all my names (or if they have an internal 'division' for doing the same). It could be a new profit center for a progressive registrar...btw, my services are available! :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for thread @Page Howe While in theory I like the idea of my own landing, and it has always been on my todo list, in practice I am several years in to the domain business, and even though I use the same (great) hosting package mentioned by @MapleDots above that would allow me to set up an infinite number of sites, I have only done it for landers for single domain names a few times. That tells me that the ease of doing it with DAN, Epik, NameSilo, Efty, etc. is worth what they charge.

I might feel differently if I was selling $20,000 domains where that commission would be a big chunk. But for me, them handling the payment and transfer, taking the risk of fraudulent buyers for most part, offering me landers that allow enough customization and look professional, they have earned their reasonable charges of 7.5 to 10% (or a bit less with leads in some cases). If I did my own landers I would spend a bit of that in charges or escrow services, and at my level of sales the difference is not worth it.

So thank you to the companies that provide great landers and reasonable commissions.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Yes, having a VPS is great but it isn't super cheap.

Unfortunately, Let's Encrypt is a different matter because after reading this I'm not so sure it's a good idea...

https://medium.com/swlh/why-lets-encrypt-is-a-really-really-really-bad-idea-d69308887801

The article raises some fair points but generally speaking that can happen to any CA so not worried about this at all.

The certs are valid for 3 months only which is actually a vast security improvement compared to the standard 1 or multi-year certs being offered.

People worried about MITM should investigate how cloudflare's free 'ssl' works by the way... There you'll find actual security issues.

A vps or dedicated server is the way to go if you want to automate things. OVH is decent enough for like €3 a month and you're set. Not really that expensive at all. The holdback is rather the required technical skills to operate one. Add a stack with on demand Ssl and you'll never have to generate one manually again.

•••
•••
vpscheap.net

I pay less then $4 USD / month

in order to have it run smoothly
I (soft)reboot it several times per day

Ever tried netcup.de? They're stellar.

•••
vpscheap.net

I pay less then $4 USD / month

in order to have it run smoothly
I (soft)reboot it several times per day
Thanks for the info, I'll need to check into this. I'm currently paying way more than that and may need to move.

•••
Thanks for the info, I'll need to check into this. I'm currently paying way more than that and may need to move.

I used to pay more than $250 USD / month for a dedicated
wasted money

I'd rather reboot

•••
I used to pay more than $250 USD / month for a dedicated
wasted money

I'd rather reboot

I am paying for about 23 euro per month for a dedicated server at server4you, i have 24gb ram, 2tb HDD and latest plesk obsidian with Ubuntu 18

•••
•••
Thanks for thread @Page Howe While in theory I like the idea of my own landing, and it has always been on my todo list, in practice I am several years in to the domain business, and even though I use the same (great) hosting package mentioned by @MapleDots above that would allow me to set up an infinite number of sites, I have only done it for landers for single domain names a few times. That tells me that the ease of doing it with DAN, Epik, NameSilo, Efty, etc. is worth what they charge.

I might feel differently if I was selling $20,000 domains where that commission would be a big chunk. But for me, them handling the payment and transfer, taking the risk of fraudulent buyers for most part, offering me landers that allow enough customization and look professional, they have earned their reasonable charges of 7.5 to 10% (or a bit less with leads in some cases). If I did my own landers I would spend a bit of that in charges or escrow services, and at my level of sales the difference is not worth it.

So thank you to the companies that provide great landers and reasonable commissions.

Bob

Spot on Bob, having someone deal with the potential nonsense of idiot bad payers and fraud is worth 9%. I have always believed 10% is the max commission anyone is worth and it's the 20 and 30% options that are just too high.

•••
Back