NameSilo

.us kirin.us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is currently available. I was checking some .asia extensions and came across this one. I'm not from the US and can't get it so posting it here in case someone wants it.

I think someone will take this soon, but out of interest (and as a 'to reg or not to reg' case study) what do you guys think? Worth getting or not? Why/why not?

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
oddjob said:
Is currently available. I was checking some .asia extensions and came across this one. I'm not from the US and can't get it so posting it here in case someone wants it.

I think someone will take this soon, but out of interest (and as a 'to reg or not to reg' case study) what do you guys think? Worth getting or not? Why/why not?

:)

Please do not encourage Trademark Infringement.

There's enough of that going on and it only hurts the domain community.

Patrick

•••
tricolorro said:
Please do not encourage Trademark Infringement.

There's enough of that going on and it only hurts the domain community.

Patrick

How was he encouraging it? He was saying its available and wondering if people might reg it. Go for it IMO.

•••
Is 'Kirin' by itself trademarked? I believe it has an actual meaning as a word.

•••
It's mythical beast/animal known in China, Japan and Korea.
Also same as Giraffe in some countries.
Kirin is famous Japanese Beer Brand, so, I think it's TMed.

•••
oddjob said:
Is 'Kirin' by itself trademarked? I believe it has an actual meaning as a word.

Hi oddjob

Sorry that I jumped the gun.

When I saw your posting about finding Kirin.us being available while you were doing doing .asia domain research, i was concerned someone here would jump on it because of the Japanese beer brand Kirin.

As you point out Kirin does have a generic meaning in Japanese.

Since this is not a Japanese forum there is a strong probability anyone here registering Kirin.us might do so for the wrong reason.

It's clear to me after reading your response that you weren't encouraging trademark infringement so I apologize .

Hopefully everyone here will take the high road and if Kirin.us is registered,
the domain will be used in properly.

Sumimasen,

Patrick

theparamount said:
How was he encouraging it? He was saying its available and wondering if people might reg it. Go for it IMO.

Hi,

Yes you are right.

See my response to oddjob.

Patrick

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back