NameSilo

Key Words Or Not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I recently put up the name poolcued.com up for appraisal. I respect the opinion of the appraisers, however I must admit I was a little surprised at the negative feedback that the name recieved.

Firstly, the name is short, "speaks" well, easily typed in - and the two words are connected.
I went to Google and typed in the word "pool"
On their first page, the word appeared twice as the first word of a title. (once for a trade mag and once for a game download)
The second page had not one site beginning with the word "pool".
The third page had one.

I then typed in "pool games".
The first page had the word "pool" as a first word only twice from ten titles.
The second page was exactly the same.
Why?

Although my search wasn't extensive, I saw no obvious unofficial site for pool game enthusiasts
I saw no site for players and fans of the real game.
And no "all things pool" type of site.

In the domain world, I'm aware that gambling site names seem to be in vogue.
However, even though I have no figures, I do know that the game of pool, (in all of its forms) remains ever popular.

Now, working on the "punch in keywords" method, it would seem that there is a gap to be filled there. I would like to know why the name poolcued.com hasn't the potential to fill that gap?
Am I missing something?
Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,
charbar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think poolcued is a great name for a site. It sounds semi-exotic and yet interesting. When I look at it I think, what exactly is pool cued? It is just a clever enough name to get people to browse over to your site. It would be very cool if you got a great banner and everything with it too.

Best Of Luck,

•••
Remember the appraisel section is mere opinions,But it s a great way to find out how other people feel about the appeal of a name and that is good guidence as what the appeal may be if you were to just stick the name for sale in market place.I had a name appraised about a month and half ago.I think it was reg fee and only one or two appraisels that were even givin on the name,The name now is a developed site with over 100 members and is less than one full month old,So consider in many instances that some appraisers are appraising based on the name only and not the development potential,Some do and some don't here.The problem i see with poolcued is it's plural,That's not aweful.The good thing i see about the name is that has several different development options,And the name can be themed into a site aswell.Having pool the keyword first is a big plus.If i were you i would research development options with name and if you find a development that you are comfortable with,Make that site and go for it.

Last edited:
•••
I completely agree with XFactor. Everyone has their own opinion and who cares if they say they don't like it. Maybe you should run a poll through the main chat room or something. See what the concensus is.

•••
thanks for the constructive critique fellas.
Actually, I just bought the name to sell on.
I'm not only a newbie to the site, but to DN's.
What is a "banner"?

Any more comments would be appreciated.

Thankyou,
charbar.

•••
A banner is something that sits at the top of the site. You know all the ads and stuff that are on the sides of sites as well as the top? These are called banners. They are usually catchy, flashy, and interesting. Most of the times they are advertisements and if you get the right places you can get paid like 5 cents a click from different IP's. This means you can actually make money.

Hope this helps,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back