IT.COM

question Need Advice Are All .COM Single Words minus the last letter like Worth Registering? For example Announce.com instead of Announce.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I noticed that ,COM Names using single dictionary words minus the last letter of the word seem to sell on Godaddy like hypothetically Announc.com instead of Announce.com which is minus the e. Is every Single Dictionary Word minus the letter no matter the length worth spending the $12 registration fee & are these domains almost certainly resellable for at least $1,000 on Auction?

Appreciate your advice as I found several, albeit long dictionary words that are available minus the last letter to register;

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Unless you have a time machine, there are very few .com's, if any, available for hand registration that will certainly resell for at least $1,000 at auction, regardless of the pattern.

Or

Season 8 Yes GIF by The Office

Yes Yes Yes GIF

Pizza Yes GIF

Yes Yes Yes GIF by StickerGiant
:xf.laugh:

•••
Example of sentence: a) as pointed out by others, it is not a very good keyword for brandability. So not many changes that could have a particular value; b) when changing, pay attention to not change the way it is pronounced overall, dropping sounds might be ok, but altering them probably no. Sentenc would be pronounced the same as Sentenk which is super confusing. Acceptable changes could be Sentens, or Centence.

•••
"For example Announce.com instead of Announce.com"

You answered yourself bu instinctively typing the correct domain even in the question...

•••
Your original question was about domains available for registration.

Blac.com and Tripl.com both have a WHOIS registration year of 2001. (hence the need for a time machine)

Skimming recent dropped domains, these domains are available for hand reg:

Strengt.com
CupCak.com
Decembe.com
TampaBa.com (Not really a one worder, just added because of your Tampa Bay Bucs avatar)
Pheasan.com
Dialysi.com

Since they're recent drops available for hand registration, these domains likely went through a registrar auction without receiving any bids, and not a single backorder was placed to catch any of these domains. Thus, debunking your hypothesized question that all one-word-minus-the-last-letter.com sell for $1,000 at auction, as some don't even sell for renewal fee at Auction.

I don't know what year it is on @Planet9 is, but on planet earth, it's year 2024 and .com's selling for $1,000 at auction aren't available for hand registration like they used to be 30 years ago. Where art thou time machine?
oh to have a time machine and pickup apple.com or bitcoin at 3c lol.

•••
@Planet9 I can share with you from personal experience that a couple decades ago I picked up "Insuranc.com" (insurance minus-e) as a hand-reg and sold it for a few hundred bucks (and I felt lucky to get that much money back then, as the name had been previously dropped...) Flash forward 20+years and it's now regged in 17 extensions and I think the current owner is asking $39,000... (But in all that time, no enduser decided it was worth the juice...) Take from this experience what you will...

Last edited:
•••
I think the only way it would be valuable is if the full name is a very popular site and you get typos coming to your domain. That’s the only end use I can think of, because as others have said, they don’t pass the radio test and are therefore terrible for branding.
Also, sentence .com is available for 10k, not 100k, therefore, it’s not like the full .com is that valuable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back