IT.COM

Just a bit of advice on selling domains on Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shiwal800

Impact
Hi

I'm new to this forum and would just like some advice please. I have around 4 to 5 domain names that I have put up for sale on sedo. They are not listed at high prices (some are quite low). Tomorrow it will be a week since I've registered them and ive only seen (on the stats) one person visit the offer page on one of my domain names. I am under no illusion that selling domain names is a quick process, but on average how long has it taken to sell domains that you have put on sedo and how quickly did you make your first sale?. I fully appreciate that one needs patience and I am not excepting them to sell very quickly. Some of my domains have scored well on domain appraisals automated sites but im aware that you have take automated appraisals with a pinch of salt at times.

Two of my domain names are buy it now and two are make offer. I have put them all under categories, I have also parked them and got a few visitors at the parked page and a few click trough's quite quickly.

Do you think that it is a matter of time (I'm not very concerned about selling them very quickly but worry it could take months and longer) or should I list them as sedomls premium which means higher commission?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends on your names. If they are like most newcomers domains, you may never sell them. Keep in mind, for passive sellers, selling 4-5% of their portfolio each year is pretty good. So, if these names are of that caliber, you could expect to sell one every 4-5 years.

Maybe post your names in the appraisal section and see what people think.

1. Register Domains
2. ????????
3. PROFIT!

Is not a good business plan. Do a lot of reading here and at other domain forums before registering any more.

•••
I've had domains parked/listed at sedo for 2 years without offers....and then after writing some potential endusers, gone in two days.

•••
Thanks guys

Do you think it is worth writing a description for the domains in order to increase sales like you seem to be mentioning Loko?

•••
The majority of domain names will NEVER sell. Millions of domains are listed on platforms like Sedo. How many sell on a weekly basis ? Dozens. Hundreds maybe.
The odds of making a sale will depend on your ability to choose domains that somebody else would want (and would pay to acquire them).
99% is about the quality of the domain and 1% luck.

•••
Thanks guys

Do you think it is worth writing a description for the domains in order to increase sales like you seem to be mentioning Loko?

My personal experience and opinion is that a good domain doesn't need a description but it may need some help (like writing endusers for example) to expedite a sale.

I second what sdsinc wrote.

•••
The best bet is IF someone wants the domain you have they will contact you per your whois info. People who use Sedo are most times other domainers or businesses who may need a paper trail for tax purposes. Not in every case but in a lot of cases. If your domains are of quality and have the potential to attract more then 1 person then your offers will generally come from your own email box.

•••
Most of our sales take place through Sedo. Why, simply because the names are parked there. They could be parked elsewhere or not parked at all. If somebody is interested in your domain name, the first step is usually to check if it's available, if it's already registered then they may visit the site if there is one. And if the domain looks idle, they might want to contact you to find out if it's for sale. They could use the parking page, a contact form on your site if there is one, or they will use the whois.
The point is that in general potential buyers already know what they want. If you own what they want, you'll make sales. Even without lifting a finger. Patience.

•••
for some of us, selling domains is like fishing

we put names on hooks and wait for nibbles on the line.

:)

•••
Thanks.

Excellent advice by everyone in this thread.

Would using the sedomls premium result in greater exposure and chance of selling?

•••
for some of us, selling domains is like fishing

we put names on hooks and wait for nibbles on the line.

:)

:D :D .. waiting for the 'biggie'? :D :D

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back