NameSilo

Issues with NameSilo aftermarket payments

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by dncafe, Aug 16, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. dncafe

dncafe Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Curious how many people have had issue getting paid from NameSilo after a domain sale on their aftermaket platform?

I had 2 $X,XXX sales that went through the pending payout wait and almost a week after they were cleared and I put in a wire transfer request, the domain was placed back in my account, with no explanation.

After emailing support they said that the domain was bought with a fraudulent credit card, so they returned the domain.

This whole process took nearly a month, a month where I lost possession of the domain name and was not able to sell it on other marketplaces.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. werty

werty Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe they tried getting in touch with the buyer to get payment resubmitted or something? I have never sold through them so not sure.

3. myfavorite

myfavorite Member VIP

The time is obviously frustrating, but it's equally obvious they were trying to protect you.

They handled the entire issue and returned your domain.

4. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

Had similar issue with GD. Domain with BIN sold for $5k, buyer simply refused to pay, even though GD earlier automated email message implied payment secured! but with a clause:
    "do not authorize the transfer process until you are notified by the GoDaddy Auctions Team".

So, it happens. The worst scenario would've been to be left without domain and without money.
    Just take heart and move on.

5. katen

katen New Member

Selling domain names at namesilo is a scam?
    I sold my domain name, the buyer took the domain into they account and built their new website.
    I have to wait 7 days to payout, however, after making a withdrawal to paypal 6 hours, I still don't see the money?

namesilo said it only takes about 1 hour. I was email to support but no one answered. In a direct chat, they said they couldn't solve it.
    I'm worried about losing my money and my domain name with namesilo. and I continue to wait

6. katen

katen New Member

7. namesilo

namesilo Top Member NameSilo Staff VIP

If your payout still hasn't been approved, please reach out to us at [email protected] from your account e-mail so our team can investigate. We have been seeing increased fraud lately so have had to put in place extra checks. Unfortunately, these checks sometimes result in delays, especially if we find inconsistencies with the payment and need to get ahold of the buyer. Ultimately, the goal is to protect your sale and your domain so please bear with us.

8. dncafe

dncafe Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Has or is the pending payout time going to be longer now on all aftermarket domain sales?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice