Domain Empire

Is unsolicited emails to end users SPAM? Poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is sending unsolicited emails to end users SPAM?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    34.6%
  • No

votes
    42.3%
  • I only eat spam, I don't care

votes
    3.8%
  • It depends (explain in a post)

votes
    19.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

growthhacker

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
I really find so many users here openly saying it's okay to email end users unsolicited emails about your domains to be a proper marketing strategy for domainers.

So let's do a poll.

Is sending unsolicited emails to end users about your domains SPAM?

I think it is.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It definitely is. Thanks to "Alex" with their philosophical quotes, later a "polite" guy under tons of random names ("I am contacting you because I believe that you are owner of a related domain name") promoting pendingdeletes as theirs, and now some "Simonas Balnys" with new gtlds spam (I'd report him to godaddy/dynadot as they register spam email domains with them, but I'm too lazy...).

•••
As we told you earlier, yes in the strictest sense of the word it is spam. But that doesn't make it any less tasty.

Look at me I can fly!

•••
Cold emails have led to so many billions of dollars of business deals. You can use whatever word you want to define it, but it is one of the ways business is done.

•••
All cold contact methods are spam.

•••
Each person sees spam their own way and what bothers one does not always bother another. For me emails do not bother me as such I just mark as spam delete and move on. Phone calls bother me. I am a nurse and work night shifts and will always keep my phone on just in case my family need to contact me but being awoke sometimes many times a day for cold calls is not something that is good for me.

•••
Now why would you dislike my comment? That seems abusive of the system. You asked a question and I agreed with you. BTW, this isn't really the question you want to ask as you already know the answer. the better question would have been "is using spam to sell domains an acceptable practice?" Then you would have seen that while it is spam, it is acceptable. And in the end we would be right where we started. You don't like spam, many other people think its acceptable.

•••
Cold emails have led to so many billions of dollars of business deals. You can use whatever word you want to define it, but it is one of the ways business is done.

I would say trillions in 'business' has been done via spam.

But, if a person wants to move a quality premium domain name, it's my honest opinion a letter to the top brass or a call to the executive offices starts the process professionally and without SPAM.

But yes, business has been done with SPAM a lot of business now.

•••
Each person sees spam their own way and what bothers one does not always bother another. For me emails do not bother me as such I just mark as spam delete and move on. Phone calls bother me. I am a nurse and work night shifts and will always keep my phone on just in case my family need to contact me but being awoke sometimes many times a day for cold calls is not something that is good for me.

You're not a business per se, you should be on a do not call list and if you get any marketing calls then you should have a lawyer that can get you $10K a call in many states now.

I know lawyers that just do illegal TM call work now.

I know a few girls that have terrible credit and they ended up with 6 figure settlements over illegal dunning calls they got.

But a business, they have a sign out, CALL ME, a business is fair game.

•••
I would say trillions in 'business' has been done via spam.

But, if a person wants to move a quality premium domain name, it's my honest opinion a letter to the top brass or a call to the executive offices starts the process professionally and without SPAM.

But yes, business has been done with SPAM a lot of business now.

Ok, well, i believe this is your 2nd thread about this subject. You've made your point.

•••
•••
You need to define it first.

One definition is:
"send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet."

So what if it's targetted and only to people that might be interested? Is it just that it's unsolicited? Because if it's that, then you would be spamming as well, calling or sending a letter. What you're doing you feel is ok, but if it's the same thing but in email, then it's bad?

I don't have a problem with it if it's targetted to those who might be interested. Businesses always contact other businesses if they feel they have something that might help them.

The reality that sales come from this, shows it can work and the people that bought the domain are ok with it.

I've probably only done this myself around 10 times, but it's me owning the .com and contacting .net or .org or some other extension, the .com would be an upgrade or I have a shorter version of what they have. That kind of thing and I don't have a problem with it. And of course, I follow CAN-SPAM.

In person, phone, letter, email are just different forms of contact.

Last edited:
•••

Phone calls are the worst, I have to use 3 different numbers because of this problem.

•••

Yep, that could probably work. Its certainly one option in a toolkit that has many options. No one tool is right for every situation.

•••
Ok, well, i believe this is your 2nd thread about this subject. You've made your point.

I think members here need to discuss this whole issue, for one reason, lots of people are asking how do you spam better essentially here.

So the whole issue really is how do guys moving premium domains do it?

Some may well be great spammers.

But IMO I think this whole community can benefit from a little education about how to properly contact END USERS and spam IMO isn't the proper way.

I think it should be discussed.

•••
Yep, that could probably work. Its certainly one option in a toolkit that has many options. No one tool is right for every situation.

See I GAVE YOU A LIKE

•••
•••
You're not a business per se, you should be on a do not call list and if you get any marketing calls then you should have a lawyer that can get you $10K a call in many states now.

I know lawyers that just do illegal TM call work now.

I know a few girls that have terrible credit and they ended up with 6 figure settlements over illegal dunning calls they got.

But a business, they have a sign out, CALL ME, a business is fair game.

I have my online interests :) but

I have registered with the telephone preference system and got the latest anti cold calling BT telephone system which is about as much as you can do in the UK..I do ask callers to remove me and for a time it works then I guess another list gets sold somewhere and I end up getting calls about previous accidents, new windows government saving scheme ppi etc etc..

although illegal . you can only minimise it at this time in the UK not prevent it

•••
Phone calls are the worst, I have to use 3 different numbers because of this problem.

Imagine having 300 local numbers all forwarding to one main number.

haha

I feel you, but they're businesses, so that's why we love IPHONES.

One spam call and bang blocked.

Android is too hard to block spammers.

Now residential, you got DNC lists, but businesses that's part of being a business.

You have an OPEN FOR BUSINESS SIGN on your numbers.

But it is still my opinion that TM is how it is done in regards to first contact to big companies, they all have CEO's or busy owners and most have admins and when you do a light pitch on the admin, they're usually very helpful. Oh yes, we MAY want that asset, let me see maybe so and so on the CEO's go team should help, let me give you their number or email.

So IN MY EXPERIENCE TM is actually a better door opener and opening the door is how you SELL premium domains and if you use SPAM the door may get slammed just as fast you opened it.

Just trying to help some SELL premiums with what I KNOW WORKS.

•••
I have my online interests :) but

I have registered with the telephone preference system and got the latest anti cold calling BT telephone system which is about as much as you can do in the UK..I do ask callers to remove me and for a time it works then I guess another list gets sold somewhere and I end up getting calls about previous accidents, new windows government saving scheme ppi etc etc..

although illegal . you can only minimise it at this time in the UK not prevent it

Yep UK has their own rules.

We had a rep trying to do stuff in UK and the rules there made him quit.

TM is not welcome at almost all levels in UK

•••
Yep UK has their own rules.

We had a rep trying to do stuff in UK and the rules there made him quit.

TM is not welcome at almost all levels in UK
Where is TM welcome ?

•••
•••
Where is TM welcome ?

TM is part of accepted B2B contact in USA.

It's like mail.

Unsolicited email, that gets you banned by your ISP and heavy fines now.

So USA is friendly towards B2B TM

•••
TM is part of accepted B2B contact in USA.

It's like mail.

Unsolicited email, that gets you banned by your ISP and heavy fines now.

So USA is friendly towards B2B TM

Proof?

•••
Prove it's not
I've owned US companies for 5 decades
All got TM calls b2b
A few were large b2b tm projects
I use b2b tm everyday in several companies
It's 100% legal
It gets sales

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back