IT.COM

Contacting end users - My emails marked as spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to start sending some emails to potential end users that might be interested in buying my domain, but I'm afraid that my emails will be marked as spam.

Is there any way to not make my email marked as spam? What can I do to avoid this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Many people will you that you shouldn't use free emails like gmail to contact end user or that it would end up in spam.

Truth is no email ID will guarantee you a sale, especially when buyer isn't interested.

In the area of email ending spam... I tracked mine for 30 days using my gmail and all where OPENED. Which means they entered the inbox... But there was no sale. :(

•••
Many people will you that you shouldn't use free emails like gmail to contact end user or that it would end up in spam.

Truth is no email ID will guarantee you a sale, especially when buyer isn't interested.

In the area of email ending spam... I tracked mine for 30 days using my gmail and all where OPENED. Which means they entered the inbox... But there was no sale. :(

How in the world did you manage a 100% open rate?

•••
No spaming... One by one emailing.

I thought that had been discussed on the how to contact end user thread.

•••
Let me add that I have a potential $800 waiting somewhere except buyer asked me to contact him in a few months time as he isn't interested at the moment, maybe due to summer holiday.

•••
No spaming... One by one emailing.

I thought that had been discussed on the how to contact end user thread.

Getting a 100% open rate is nuts. Doesn't matter who you are.

•••
Lol... Shane, I guess my tracker lied to me.

•••
•••
I think the best way not to be considered as spam is finding potential buyers on Google and contact them using the forms/contacts provided at their websites.

•••
There's an extension/app for gmail so you can track whether your email has been read. I haven't tried it myself but soon. It's called Streak. Search reviews though. I think there's another one that has the same function (forgot). Also, I notice that the ones that go to spam have active links in them. Maybe don't put a link.

If that doesn't work, setup domain email. Forward it to whatever email account you want to and do reply-to (your domain email will show up on endusers mail). I just started doing this and honestly was hard to figure out. But the incoming and outgoing mails tests came back positive.

All the best.

Last edited:
•••
Not just streak only, there are many of them now than was available in 2012,

yesware is one. Just do a google search.

•••
Not just streak only, there are many of them now than was available in 2012,

yesware is one. Just do a google search.

Still waiting for some insight.

•••
going back to one of the points above re contacting end users via the contact on their website - is this prefarable to looking the details up on WHOIS and emailing that way then thanks?

•••
going back to one of the points above re contacting end users via the contact on their website - is this prefarable to looking the details up on WHOIS and emailing that way then thanks?

Neither methods are preferable. You should be looking for C-Level executives for higher value domains.

•••
•••
Join salesgenie.com

they give you 3 day trials liberally

then you put in industry keyword and how many employees size and sales and credit rating and only owner or ceo names

bingo

you have the most targeted list of phone numbers and owner names there is

after 3 days it's 150 bucks a month and if you have good names it's worth 150 a month since you can get a lot from major end users

but then again 99.9% of domains aren't worth anything to potential end users

•••
Zoominfo.com is better and cheaper.

•••
Zoominfo.com is better and cheaper.

Are you kidding me?

80 contact 'views' for 150 a month?

That's a joke

SG is unlimited views of 24 Million US businesses pulled from business licenses and other major resources.

There's two major databases for the public or businesses to use IMO

Hoover is unlimited views and 500 or so CVS downloads for 250 month 1 year contract

SG is unlimited views and 500 downloads for 150 a month on 1 year contract

Zoom is collating bs data from the 'net'? Garbage

You want real employee sizes, and sales volume and business credit ratings you use SG and Hoover

What do I know?

Let's see www.1leads.com is one of my companies

80 data 'views' or garbage from the net for 150 a month

wow that's the biggest ripoff I've seen in a while

with data lists you usually pay hoover or SG for 1000 records at 1500 to 2500 bucks

OR you join for a year and pay 1800 to 3000 and get 6K records download a year with unlimited views

My reps are on a multiuser agreement with SG for my company

So I just pay X a month and my rep gets unlimited views, it's why we went to SG

My company has a 100 custom record thing for small companies, we pull and sell for 100 bucks for 100 records or 50 cents a record less than SG does if you buy 1000 in bulk, so that's a niche we service, small companies that don't have 2K to buy 1000 pulls or don't want to invest in a yearly contract

I hate even selling it since my guys cost too much to be doing minor jobs like that

100 bucks big deal, they do huge deals so none want to do grunt work doing 100 records for a lousy 100 bucks

•••
Are you kidding me?

80 contact 'views' for 150 a month?

That's a joke

SG is unlimited views of 24 Million US businesses pulled from business licenses and other major resources.

There's two major databases for the public or businesses to use IMO

Hoover is unlimited views and 500 or so CVS downloads for 250 month 1 year contract

SG is unlimited views and 500 downloads for 150 a month on 1 year contract

Zoom is collating bs data from the 'net'? Garbage

You want real employee sizes, and sales volume and business credit ratings you use SG and Hoover

What do I know?

Let's see www.1leads.com is one of my companies

80 data 'views' or garbage from the net for 150 a month

wow that's the biggest ripoff I've seen in a while

with data lists you usually pay hoover or SG for 1000 records at 1500 to 2500 bucks

OR you join for a year and pay 1800 to 3000 and get 6K records download a year with unlimited views

My reps are on a multiuser agreement with SG for my company

So I just pay X a month and my rep gets unlimited views, it's why we went to SG

My company has a 100 custom record thing for small companies, we pull and sell for 100 bucks for 100 records or 50 cents a record less than SG does if you buy 1000 in bulk, so that's a niche we service, small companies that don't have 2K to buy 1000 pulls or don't want to invest in a yearly contract

I hate even selling it since my guys cost too much to be doing minor jobs like that

100 bucks big deal, they do huge deals so none want to do grunt work doing 100 records for a lousy 100 bucks

Unlimited for $1,500 a year, which works out to $125 per month.

•••
It's 'views' and it's collated from the Net

It's not valid financial info like Hoover (DnB data) or SG

Good luck with them

I wouldn't even try them from the info they have on site

•••
It's 'views' and it's collated from the Net

It's not valid financial info like Hoover (DnB data) or SG

Good luck with them

I wouldn't even try them from the info they have on site

Well apparently you know everything about development, advertising, and selling. Congrats, bro.

•••
Yep

At 17 I sold a huge job using 1970's tech to biggest RE broker in Philly, created the first computerized MLM for the company that had over 30 offices and over a 1000 agents, one of my first sales over 250K in 1970's dough using old tech, a micro and old 11K baud modems

The owner was so impressed he talked me into getting a RE license, my first year in the game while still selling software gigs to mid sized companies I was his #1 Realtor with almost 10M in old money sales, one of the top agents in USA, only a few dudes in Cali had more sales and Cali homes was double what I had to sell.

Then later I left RE and formed a bunch of companies and I trained all my sales crews and if they did 10% of what I did myself they were GREAT

Then from around 83 to 93 I created a handful of niche applications for industry and had the #1 market share in several industries for my software apps using early pc's

So yeah, tech and sales I say something it behooves you to listen

But wtf, opinions are like you know what

GOOD LUCK

•••
Yep

At 17 I sold a huge job using 1970's tech to biggest RE broker in Philly, created the first computerized MLM for the company that had over 30 offices and over a 1000 agents, one of my first sales over 250K in 1970's dough using old tech, a micro and old 11K baud modems

The owner was so impressed he talked me into getting a RE license, my first year in the game while still selling software gigs to mid sized companies I was his #1 Realtor with almost 10M in old money sales, one of the top agents in USA, only a few dudes in Cali had more sales and Cali homes was double what I had to sell.

Then later I left RE and formed a bunch of companies and I trained all my sales crews and if they did 10% of what I did myself they were GREAT

Then from around 83 to 93 I created a handful of niche applications for industry and had the #1 market share in several industries for my software apps using early pc's

So yeah, tech and sales I say something it behooves you to listen

But wtf, opinions are like you know what

GOOD LUCK

I know how to fly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back