IT.COM

Contacting end users - My emails marked as spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm going to start sending some emails to potential end users that might be interested in buying my domain, but I'm afraid that my emails will be marked as spam.

Is there any way to not make my email marked as spam? What can I do to avoid this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Folks, let's get this thread back on topic. It's about how to do email outreach. Not how to rank something on Twitter..
It's fine to disagree, but please do so respectfully. Disparaging remarks and personal attacks are not OK.

Thank you!

•••
The question that arises to me here is what is your email list? Is it a random one? Or you have a list of people that might be really interested in buying a domain? If you will send your message to random people - there are many chances that you will be marked as a spammer, but if the message will seem related for those people - then you might get succeed.

•••
No the rest of us are too. You may have missed it because you were to busy telling us how great you are. Frankly selling domains is not the same as selling shoes. Many of my customers fall into two groups, both very easily reached through simple social media. Neither are overly sophisticated, so it works fine. As for Twitter, I probably sell a domain every 2 to 3 weeks where the lead came directly from Twitter. I'm not sure what part of Twitter you didn't understand, but I'll take the time and explain it all.

Twitter Strategy:

I send out a Tweet announcing a new name, or at least a name I haven't tweeted about recently if its an old name. I Tweet exactly 6 times a day on autopilot, and occasionally throw another in manually. Now here is where it gets tricky. The reader sees the domain and says to themselves, "damm that's a good name, it's exactly what i have been looking for". Then he replies back to me and the negotiation starts.

Hopefully you followed that, its pretty obscure and dry. Also, to be clear I am NOT the worlds best at anything related to the Internet. In fact how I have managed to be successful is a mystery compared to your knowledge. Anyway, that's how I use Social Media to sell domains. As with everything I post, feel free to use it exactly as I do, or change it up to match your own goals and strengths.

I'm here to help you.
Hello, does the number of followers one have determine the/your success of selling domains via twitter?

•••
Thanks guys for your tips.

•••
Hello, does the number of followers one have determine the/your success of selling domains via twitter?
Of course, but whats more important is how many eyes get on each name. So retweets and favorites are very important.

•••
I find that tracking in Streak is not very accurate. The view count increases every time I open the mail to monitor the tracking. This could be the reason why some of us think we have extremely high open rate. I'll only consider a mail as read when the tracking showed that it's read from a different location as mine.

•••
If you don't mind waiting for a sale then you can just kick your feet up and someone might approach to you eventually, but if you want to keep sales coming in you must start contacting potential end users.

Most of my sales have been through outreach. It will only benefit you.

Nice tips mate.

One thing. What are your key sources of finding, researching, and shortlisting potential buyers?

By sources, I mean other than Google, Bing, Zoominfo of course; if any.

Thanks,

•••
Join salesgenie.com

they give you 3 day trials liberally

then you put in industry keyword and how many employees size and sales and credit rating and only owner or ceo names

bingo

you have the most targeted list of phone numbers and owner names there is

after 3 days it's 150 bucks a month and if you have good names it's worth 150 a month since you can get a lot from major end users

but then again 99.9% of domains aren't worth anything to potential end users

the site salesgenie.com is not accessible right now

•••
LOL hahaha came to educate myself on how to find end users and read a funny yet entertaining discussion. But seriously lets get on track

•••
I find that tracking in Streak is not very accurate. The view count increases every time I open the mail to monitor the tracking. This could be the reason why some of us think we have extremely high open rate. I'll only consider a mail as read when the tracking showed that it's read from a different location as mine.
nope, you are missing it. That email is track and therefore you get notification when you or the receiver open it.

•••
nope, you are missing it. That email is track and therefore you get notification when you or the receiver open it.

Thanks @jideofor for explaining.

How do we properly use tracking functions in Streak? We shouldn't open email to check tracking once we send? Sometimes when I go to the sent folder but did not open the mail, I get immediately notification that my mail was read. Seems like there are other factors triggering the tracking.

•••
All those software that track emails do it adding an image pixel in it.
I'm quite sure that most of the major Mail client/boxes have filters that block the automatic image opening, especially if a mail come from users that they have not in their contact list.
If my thoughts are correct, there is actually no way that can assure 100% the mail was opened.

Second i also think that an incoming mail with an image pixel on it easily trigger the mail filter and it easily go in the junk folder.

I would really happy if anybody here can show some proof to demonstrate i'm wrong.

•••
Second i also think that an incoming mail with an image pixel on it easily trigger the mail filter and it easily go in the junk folder.
That can increase the spam score. HTML mail/images too.

•••

I don't think so. Email open tracking is not considered an unethical business practice.

Every email marketing provider like MailChimp, InfusionSoft, ConstantContact etc provide email tracking.

•••
I don't think so. Email open tracking is not considered an unethical business practice.

Every email marketing provider like MailChimp, InfusionSoft, ConstantContact etc provide email tracking.
i'm not saying it is unhetical track a mail.. just if i can be 100% sure of the result.
My mail client automatically block all images from sender that are not in my contact list, so i can open the mail and you never know if i've read it or not, unless i enable images.
I'm sure i'm not the only one with a similar feature

•••
There is one big difference though. Since these services specialize in mail delivery they do all they can to get the job done. For example they manage their own IP address blocks (= control of IP reputation), but they also strike deal with ISPs to have their mails whitelisted.
You won't get the same score when sending direct SMTP mail from a residential connection. The mere lack of PTR record will cause a huge bounce rate and there are other factors too.

•••
so back to the topic ...how to avoid your mails going to spam....some times i have 60 % open rates , but at times it is 10 % , is it due to heavy emailing ....i do email one by one but its strange

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back