Dynadot

discuss Is this a legitimate new business model and a way to make money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday I ran across a new forum member who was selling some 5 letter dot-com's, one of them I liked and made an offer, which he quickly accepted. At that time I was busy and forgot to check whois like I normally would do.

After I paid by PayPal seller pushes name to my Dynadot account. The next day (today) I go to make a change to the marketplace sale status but not able to do so because it was marked as being in a Grace Delete Period so it had to be renewed for a change to be made.

So I was thinking it was at the end of a 1 year registration and I renewed it for a year because a push does not renew it of course. P.S. Dynadot chat says it stays marked in grace delete status for 5-days even after a renewal or payment for some odd reason, which they cannot explain.

After I renewed it for a year I noticed new expiration date became Aug 2021 which was not possible if it had expired Aug 2019 which should have made new enewal exp date Aug 2020 so I spend lots of time doing research about it including at least 1 hour of totally wasted time on Dynadot chat to figure it out.

After all that time plus my wasted renewal money (Dynadot refuses to give me a refund) and lots of lost time and hassle the scenario appears to be the seller posting freshly registered names for sale either during the initial grace delete period, or else offering domains for sale he didn't own and then newly registering it when he gets offers!

Whois says: New Registration, Creation Date: 2019-08-11T00:03:47 <<<<

I said this by PM: please mark it sold. Thanks. Sent Yesterday 8-10-19 at 6:36 PM <<<<

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like some sort of bug or poor coding logic within Dynadot's platform.
(Or that you talked with a support agent who had no clue what they were talking about .. lol)

What I don't understand is why you're stressing too much if Dynadot is implying (at least based on what you wrote) that it will fix itself within 5 days.

I don't use Dynadot, but I find it hard to imagine that their domain manager does not show expiration dates.

Also ... What time zone are you in? (or essentially, how many hours off of GMT are you?)

Maybe the seller listed a non-existent domain, and then registered it after someone marked sold.

Or maybe they bought it and listed it minutes later. Without knowing your UT/GMT difference, we can't really go by your forum time.

More importantly, what time was the seller's original sales post at, as well as the post you confirmed to be the buyer?

Not really enough information to really draw a firm conclusion. What did the seller have to say when you asked him about it?

•••
A new case of domain dropshipping ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back