Dynadot

information Well, this is a new one on me...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a certain domain name, a geo (US state) adult domain, it is with Epik and has an Epik 'make offer' page on it.

Well just got notification from Epik that I had a message which of course I thought was strange, normally the message is headed 'you have an offer'. Anyway, went to see what the message was thinking it must be asking my price, but no, instead it was:

"I would like to join"

LOL.

Now I will of course reply, but this is a new one on me, a domain landing page that clearly states that the domain is for sale and the person says he wants to join the site.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just tried emailing a reply to the email address given - surprise, surprise, permanent error cannot be delivered.

Ah well, they say stranger things happen at sea, hell, really strange things must happen at sea then! LOL

Last edited:
•••
About 10% of the 'offers' I get through the epik marketplace are similar to the one you describe or they are out and out spam trying to sell something. Just part of the 'noise' that happens when selling on the net. I always let those know that are blatantly selling something they should be careful not to bother me again via fake offers...it makes my day when they make the mistake again! :xf.smile:

•••
We are working on two things:

1. Optional feature for forcing a confirmation via email and/or SMS that the party inquiring is making an inquiry or offer for the domain before forwarding the offer. Some sellers will prefer to see all the raw inquiries as there can be insight or intelligence about potential uses for the domain. So, this will be an optional feature for reducing non-qualified offers.

2. Smart CRM tools for automating much of the initial qualifying dialog with a potential offer and filtering out offers that might not be in an acceptable range but still determining the buyer's maximum budget. This is particularly helpful for anyone who relies mainly on Make Offer landing pages as we often encourage people to do, notably for brandable domains or high value domains.

The CRM tools that we do provide already now are quite good and can be helpful for efficiently managing offers. Someone with even 10,000 domains can easily manage their inquiries.

I did Tweet about it here:

•••
This isn't only at Epik. I've gotten these using Efty for my market place. I just assume they are bots and just ignore them...

Last edited:
•••
This isn't only at Epik. I've gotten these using Efty for my market place. I just assume they are bots and just ignore them...

According to many, our offer spam problem is modest compared to others. We are working on counter-measures but there is a balance between allowing garbage through and blocking offers from people who have more money than brains. It happens.

•••
According to many, our offer spam problem is modest compared to others. We are working on counter-measures but there is a balance between allowing garbage through and blocking offers from people who have more money than brains. It happens.

Agreed. Ten percent is not a big deal...as I said above, it is just part of the process. I've had little push-back from the spammers I 'encouraged' to cease and desist...as long as sales keep happening through the Epik marketplace, I am okay with a few dweebs. :xf.smile:

•••
Who's this guy's ; want a dot com domain zero dollar ..... :xf.grin:
[email protected]
20200720_122245.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back