IT.COM

advice Don't make this mistake!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dag

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
I totally screwed myself by sending a domain to auction at Sedo that ended on Christmas night! Got an offer of $499 on bi4.com that I decided to send to auction because I was sure I could get a good deal more, and I was ready to cash it in, so to speak. When I realized the end date, I decided to go for it anyway, figuring there would be enough worldwide interest from folks who don't celebrate Christmas anyway.

Well, as bad luck would have it, despite a couple thousand views of the listing over the course of the week, it ended at $600. I'm sure the end time played a big factor in that. Ending on a weekday afternoon would have made all the difference. Ah well -- lesson learned, the hard way!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ending the auction on middle of the week will attract some serious bids..I learned the hard way too..

Last edited:
•••
the people who place the bid do that on specific date,
they calculate the closing date,
assuming you send it to auction right away

i had a few lowballs inquiries at sedo on 5N (with 0 & 4) ,
never sent them to auction, sold them at a good price to chinese buyers,
i am pretty sure that the auction would never had generated the same profit

for these domains sedo is a good place to buy, not that much to sell
the high sales reported at sedo are usually negotiated or sold at Bin

•••
December is always more quiet when it comes to domain sales. At least, from my experience.

•••
the festival time is a bad time for domaining

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back