Dynadot

question Sell domain during renewal grace period?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Got a notification from Sedo today that one of my domains sold and transfer is in process.
While checked, it was a domain that was expired a day back and is currently in renewal grace period.

Just wondering if the buyer would be aware of the expiry date and how the renewal works for those domains.
None of the marketplaces I see show the expiry date on the billing page.
And who is info of the domain shows next year though the domain is not renewed, though the status shows 'auto renew period'.

Can domains be listed in the marketplaces during the Grace renewal period?
or
Should I remove all the domains from the account once the domain is expired, even during the Grace renewal period?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t think there is any repercussion from Sedo when a name sells after expiration but GoGreedy will charge you 25% due to name server change. Keep up on your renewals and if your undecided about renewing put it on make offer only when its expired. You will of course have to renew it to complete the transaction.

•••
Upvote 0
I don’t think there is any repercussion from Sedo when a name sells after expiration but GoGreedy will charge you 25% due to name server change. Keep up on your renewals and if your undecided about renewing put it on make offer only when its expired. You will of course have to renew it to complete the transaction.
Even during grace renewal period? Because I have quoted the price less than the renewal fee. So it would be a loss for me to sell it for that price after renewing.
So in case I am not renewing the domain what would be the case / next steps?
At what stage the buy order will be canceled?

•••
Upvote 0
@Leo2k Sedo may ask the Seller to renew the domain before any transaction takes place. Seller has to pay for these renewal costs. This is part of Sedo's Domain Marketplace Agreement.

https://sedo.com/us/about-us/policies/domain-marketplace-agreement/

Screenshot_20230326_122657_Chrome.jpg

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
So at this point is it possible for me to cancel this sale?
I'm afraid not. You have a binding agreement. Sedo may ban you from their marketplace if you don't adhere to their ToS.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
And factor in Sedo ‘s commision.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back