NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I watched this movie by Michael Moore. Did not know this came out last year in May 2020.

We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

The solutions to "save the Earth" were in a "green" way

Solar Power
Wind Power

with the ultimate goal to eliminate coal use and reduce green house gases.

The Truth? on Cloudy or rainy days. Solar is not 100% efficient and at night? the efficiency is obviously ZERO.

On non-windy days wind power efficient is less to zero.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production.

or even LPG.

and then there is power generated from burning BIOMASS.

Biomass sounds pretty cool. And you tell someone "Biomass" most would never know it is the cutting down of forests to burn trees to produce power.

lol

So to prevent global warming? The solution is to cut down the forest and all the trees? and keep coal and LPG as a back up power source?
lol

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once again what is good and what is bad ?

That's what we need to find out by finding common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that are derived from Logic and Compassion.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Once again what is good and what is bad ?
No we need wars and cull ourselves like monkeys do or stop reproducing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi lock the babyyyyyyy
Hi LoodeX perhaps you can try start something if you can make more sense. I have no idea what your about just know all my responses are edited by admin so leave it.

•••
Hi LoodeX perhaps you can try start something if you can make more sense. I have no idea what your about just know all my responses are edited by admin so leave it.
Nothing bbyyyyy just nice to be acknowledged once again : )

•••
•••
•••
1415914174402575245.png

•••
Wow! This thread shows how far behind science our "news" media have trailed the relatively recent known, scientifically proven, facts.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production
is one hell of a case in point. No there is absolutely no need to go back to burning coal.

Firstly the carbon problem and where to put it. Here I loosely cite Walter Jehne, the greatest authority I know on the topic. The greatest carbon sink we have is soil. By getting carbon back into what is now desert, which we have created over millennia, or in the North American case what we have turned the great plains into in a few short years, we recreate soil and reconstruct productive land.

Here's a good simple 20 minute TED talk by way of intro, if this system allows me to add a non-domaining link: https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_fight_desertification_and_reverse_climate_change - the talk is done by Allan Savory but the proof that the carbon cycle is actually a function of the earth's hydrological cycle is Jehne's. His lectures and papers are much longer and more complex.

Secondly, if Covid has done nothing else positive it has shown dramatically in a breathtakingly short time that if we reduce fossil fuel use the environment is largely capable of cleaning itself up. Which is the second element of rebalancing the environment via the atmosphere.

Wood is mostly carbon. Burning it sends carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Arguments of taking it back out later are puerile. The problems are created by extraction of and burning of fossil fuels, especially spills and waste but any burning adds to the problems; and bare earth farming. Each time earth is tilled it allows masses of water vapour, carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. It also destroys masses of microorganisms essential for plant growth and which also form the lowest element of the food chain for all life on earth.

There are no technological solutions. Every such idea I have heard mooted is pie in the sky. Watch that short, 20 minutes or so, TED talk and get a fuller grasp of what it is all about.

Last edited:
•••
As soon as the earth rids the plague of humans it will continue on its cycle without arguements.

Life on Earth might be a lot more significant than you think,

It could be the power of our collective consciousness through the existing natural networks of biological brains (humans and animals combined) that has been keeping the World stable for millions of years by keeping a record of what we sense in the chaos of quantum particles which are there one second and disappear the next.

It could very well be that it is our mind that holds the Universe together.

IMO

•••
•••
Life on Earth might be a lot more significant than you think,

It could be the power of our collective consciousness through the existing natural networks of biological brains (humans and animals combined) that has been keeping the World stable for millions of years by keeping a record of what we sense in the chaos of quantum particles which are there one second and disappear the next.

It could very well be that it is our mind that holds the Universe together.

IMO
I have seen Avatar to. Earth doesn't need us to start again.

•••
•••
I have seen Avatar to. Earth doesn't need us to start again.

I haven't seen Avatar, but people can come to the same logical conclusions independent of one another.

IMO

•••
I haven't seen Avatar, but people can come to the same logical conclusions independent of one another.

IMO
I actually can appreciate your explaination it just reminded me of the movie i think you will love it as touches on these points which aren't far from truth i understand how the earth filters water etc and it is my hobby. I just love a laugh.

Last edited:
•••
Many documenties including Moores are factually incorrect or will use stats in ways to disprove when those traits do not effect climates etc. We live in a world of hysteria.

Last edited:
•••
Back to the subject and hopefully the future of the Earth ?

•••
•••
We could split atoms and blow earth into fragments specs of dust and eventually gravity cycle of universe these specs may contribute to another planet it just might be another googolduplex.com before there is life on some planet somewhere and another
googolduplex before there is life intelligent enough to argue against it.

Last edited:
•••
We could split atoms and blow earth into fragments specs of dust and eventually gravity cycle of universe these specs may contribute to another planet it just might be another googolduplex.com before there is life on some planet somewhere and another
googolduplex before there is life intelligent enough to argue against it.
I heard there is no “gravity” so your suggestion won’t work :/

•••
Gravity exists on the planets our crap lands on.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Those ideas make sense,

In another thread I had suggested to make everything such as homes, cars, appliances, furniture, and tools for example more sturdy so that they can be used by several generations at a time instead of lasting just for a very short time relatively, although people can still have jobs by remodeling and repairing those things. Also there should be some laws passed as far as how big of a home and how many cars each person can own and beyond a certain number and size people should be required to have a very good justification for it.

IMO

That's very good that you restore furniture,

As I mentioned above if we can make things more sturdy and restore them so that they can be used by several generations over a long period of time that might help to prevent a lot of the natural resources from going to waste and to keep so much junk out of the landfills.

IMO

I agree.

Half the problem today is that we live in a disposable society. People buy cheap rubbish and have to keep replacing it every few years. It ends up as landfill.

IKEA is a major problem, as is the apparel and textile industry.

I've always kept old hardware, tools, furniture etc. When it does breakdown, I spend a bit of time and/or money on repairs.

I buy clothes from op-shops when I can. Jeans, coats, shirts etc.

I've never owned a car. I catch public transport.

I have been living this way for over 30-years. I make very little difference, but I feel better about my 'footprint'.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back