Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I watched this movie by Michael Moore. Did not know this came out last year in May 2020.

We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

The solutions to "save the Earth" were in a "green" way

Solar Power
Wind Power

with the ultimate goal to eliminate coal use and reduce green house gases.

The Truth? on Cloudy or rainy days. Solar is not 100% efficient and at night? the efficiency is obviously ZERO.

On non-windy days wind power efficient is less to zero.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production.

or even LPG.

and then there is power generated from burning BIOMASS.

Biomass sounds pretty cool. And you tell someone "Biomass" most would never know it is the cutting down of forests to burn trees to produce power.

lol

So to prevent global warming? The solution is to cut down the forest and all the trees? and keep coal and LPG as a back up power source?
lol

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stars is not just what I had in mind...I just know last person that worked on a pyramid was NIKOLA TESLA

Somehow I just knew that you were going to bring Nicola Tesla into this LOL

•••
I'm not sure that anything of this importance can be supressed.

Perhaps shelved for the time being, or stopped because it was a dead-end.

Can you give any examples?

Believe it or not there were electric cars almost a 100 years ago, but the fossil fuel Industry somehow managed to suppress their advancement till very recently.

The oil companies and the politicians who have gotten rich for the past 100 years at the expense of ruining our Planet have known for a long time that there were other and better sources of energy that were cleaner and more efficient, but chose to go the easy way by burning coal, trees, and oil.

IMO

•••
Believe it or not there were electric cars almost a 100 years ago, but the fossil fuel Industry somehow managed to suppress their advancement till very recently.

The oil companies and the politicians who have gotten rich for the past 100 years at the expense of ruining our Planet have known for a long time that there were other and better sources of energy that were cleaner and more efficient, but chose to go the easy way by burning coal, trees, and oil.

IMO

So not really suppressed (as in the secret kind), but shelved or put on hold.

Last edited:
•••
So not really suppressed, but shelved or put on hold.

Whatever you like to call it, but it has caused us to fall behind in developing better and cleaner sources of energy by at least 50 years which would have made a big difference in preventing Global Warming and all the damage to the Environment that we are stuck with now.

IMO

•••
Whatever you like to call it, but it has caused us to fall behind in developing better and cleaner sources of energy by at least 50 years which would have made a big difference in preventing Global Warming and all the damage to the Environment that we are stuck with now.

IMO

Once an industry really gets going it's hard to stop it.

I think that is what happened when Henry Ford made the car affordable.
Then you have the war effort - Rolls Royce concentrating on a single high-performance engine.

One thing leads to another. It's hard to stop the momentum after all that development and research and say "hey look, we've got this other great technology that's cleaner".

Last edited:
•••

Then you have the war effort - Rolls Royce concentrating on a single high-performance engine.

One thing leads to another. It's hard to stop the momentum after all that development and research and say "hey look, we've got this other great technology that's cleaner".
Industries started long time ago that’s why enhancement to the world has been buried....I’m sorry Craig you do know who I side with

•••

We might be able to forgive the previous generations for their mistakes since maybe they didn't know better (didn't have all the scientific info) but those who still want to continue going the wrong path in 2021 can not be forgiven very easily.

IMO

•••
We might be able to forgive the previous generations for their mistakes since maybe they didn't know better (didn't have all the scientific info) but those who still want to continue going the wrong path in 2021 can not be forgiven very easily.

IMO

What is the right path ? We still don’t know it ...

•••

IMO

Going forward - I totally agree.

The point I was trying to make about the past (quite poorly) was that the priority was war production and staying ahead of the enemy. The environment wasn't on their minds.

•••
Industries started long time ago that’s why enhancement to the world has been buried....I’m sorry Craig you do know who I side with

Not sure I follow what you are saying.

•••
Going forward - I totally agree.

The point I was trying to make about the past (quite poorly) was that the priority was war production and staying ahead of the enemy. The environment wasn't on their minds.
They had beliefs and from culture to culture they relied on what herbs earth has given them ...they did not fire xxxxxxx amount of fire works now and then

•••
They had beliefs and from culture to culture they relied on what herbs earth has given them ...they did not fire xxxxxxx amount of fire works now and then

I honestly cannot see society going back to those days by choice.
You ask any kid today to give up his mobile phone to go live in the forest and eat berries and roots. It is not going to happen.

Modern society and technology exists by virtue of several centuries of warfare technology development.

Last edited:
•••
As to the practicality of solar and wind energy I believe the answer is in having more efficient batteries that can store the energy that is produced by these sources.

IMO

Bitcoin mining helps solve a lot of energy waste/inefficiency by allowing hydro/wind/solar/oil/gas to convert excess energy to Bitcoin. This also allows people to "mine" energy in more geographical locations, such as areas that aren't economically developed, don't have oil or sufficient sunlight/wind, etc.

•••
I honestly cannot see society going back to those days by choice.
You ask any kid today to give up his mobile phone to go live in the forest and eat berries and roots. It is not going to happen.

Modern society and technology exists by virtue of several centuries of warfare technology development.
Of course not ..giving up a phone in a modern world is an issue and it’s sad ...We value the WRONG things because that’s OUR culture

•••
What is the right path ? We still don’t know it ...

In case you haven't heard me saying it already I'll say it again:

We as the Human Race need to ascend to a new level of existence and thinking that allows us to find common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that have been derived from Logic and Compassion and that is going to propel us in to a new Era of understanding and tolerance so that we can live in peace with our Environment and all the living things and entities on Earth and beyond.

We need to abandon all the outdated fanatical and extremist political, religious, racial, and economical ideologies, philosophies, and doctrines that have failed us and use all the resources and technologies at our disposal to find new ways of managing the World that would make it possible for us to put an end to all that has being ailing Humanity and our Home Planet and that can allow us to be able to live a righteous, productive, safe, happy, and healthy life.

IMO

•••

We as the Human Race need to ascend to a new level of existence and thinking that allows us to find common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that have been derived from Logic and Compassion and that is going to propel us in to a new Era of understanding and tolerance so that we can live in peace with our Environment and all the living things and entities on Earth and beyond.

We need to abandon all the outdated fanatical and extremist political, religious, racial, and economical ideologies, philosophies, and doctrines that have failed us and use all the resources and technologies at our disposal to find new ways of managing the World that would make it possible for us to put an end to all that has being ailing Humanity and our Home Planet and that can allow us to be able to live a righteous, productive, safe, happy, and healthy life.

IMO
You might as well say it again because the first obstacle is for all of us to come together

•••

IMO

Good luck with that.

/ in the nicest possible way ;)

•••
You might as well say it again because the first obstacle is for all of us to come together

And this could be the ultimate test for the Human Race,

It will be ashamed if we fail to use our intelligence to elevate ourselves to a new level of existence and thinking.

The alternative will be to keep doing business as usual which most likely will end in our extinction.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
And this could be the ultimate test for the Human Race,

It will be ashamed if we fail to use our intelligence to elevate ourselves to a new level of existence and thinking.

The alternative will be to keep doing business as usual witch most likely will end in our extinction.

IMO
We are failing obviously ...Unity is the solution

•••
•••
As soon as the earth rids the plague of humans it will continue on its cycle without arguements.

•••
We are failing obviously ...Unity is the solution

We need to make sure that Humanity as a whole becomes a Force For Good.

IMO

•••
As soon as the earth rids the plague of humans it will continue on its cycle without arguements.
As long as we don’t drown the ship : )

•••
•••
All the pollution won't destroy the earth it will just destroy ourselves the earth will just eventually move those elements back where it wants them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back