IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I watched this movie by Michael Moore. Did not know this came out last year in May 2020.

We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

The solutions to "save the Earth" were in a "green" way

Solar Power
Wind Power

with the ultimate goal to eliminate coal use and reduce green house gases.

The Truth? on Cloudy or rainy days. Solar is not 100% efficient and at night? the efficiency is obviously ZERO.

On non-windy days wind power efficient is less to zero.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production.

or even LPG.

and then there is power generated from burning BIOMASS.

Biomass sounds pretty cool. And you tell someone "Biomass" most would never know it is the cutting down of forests to burn trees to produce power.

lol

So to prevent global warming? The solution is to cut down the forest and all the trees? and keep coal and LPG as a back up power source?
lol

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately with the Pandemic the Environmental issues have kind of been pushed to the back burner

In the US maybe but over here in the EU the environmental issue has gone up on the agenda, specifically during the pandemic. CO2, NOx reduction. It gets pushed by the government big time.

Looking at solar energy, this has been booming business in 2020. Most companies installing them are booked for years.

There's a trend of people spending their money on home improvement, greener, more sustainable. People who are not financially suffering at the moment have extra money to spare. It's noticeable.

Personally, my house is almost 100% self sustainable. The environment is important to me. I was mocked in the early days for driving an electric car. Now all the cool club kids gather in line to buy a Tesla. So good things do come from all past efforts made by people and governments.

That being said, solar and wind energy isn't gonna cut it. For the time being my best bet is nuclear power, if we don't change our lifestyles enough there's no way a green alternative will fuel all our energy needs.

The only solution imo is simpler, sustainable smaller living. Less waste, buy more second hand. Buy wooden stuf instead of plastic crap. Give up on some luxury and focus on what's important. Don't throw stuff away, trade it, recycle it. Don't buy new stuff that you want, buy new stuff that you need. You don't need that iPhone. You don't need that new car. You don't need that new TV. You don't need that new pair of sneakers. You get the gist. In other words, stop consuming for the kicks, for the want, to feed the addiction.

Be gentle with mother earth people. Your kids will thank you for it.

•••
We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

Hi

IF, and that's a big if....

if you think it's propaganda
then, yes,
your denial of climate change predictions and/or lack of contributions either physically or mentality to help sustain the planet -
are the things that would make "save the earth" become a lie, in the future.

because, the future is judgement day
and from that point in time, only then, can you reflect to the past
to see how mother nature, has responded in return.

but another question might be
in this future
if, save the earth is a lie, then what kind of hu-mans will we be
what resources will we have left
what will be quality of drinking water, the lakes, streams, oceans, rivers and ponds
will it still rain where it used to rain, will sand blow in the wind, instead of willows?
what level of mutation will virus' have reached?
is there any oil left, have we dug out all the coal..... now what separates the land from the earth core
will it still turn like it used to?

puff, puff..... just saying
what's the chance of that happening, right?
but are you, yeah you, willing to bet your life and your grandchildren's' lives, by polluting the planet where one can breathe fresh air, and hopefully, one day....do so without having to wear a mask?

imo...

•••
The only solution imo is simpler, sustainable smaller living. Less waste, buy more second hand. Buy wooden stuf instead of plastic crap. Give up on some luxury and focus on what's important. Don't throw stuff away, trade it, recycle it. Don't buy new stuff that you want, buy new stuff that you need. You don't need that iPhone. You don't need that new car. You don't need that new TV. You don't need that new pair of sneakers. You get the gist. In other words, stop consuming for the kicks, for the want, to feed the addiction.

Be gentle with mother earth people. Your kids will thank you for it.

Those ideas make sense,

In another thread I had suggested to make everything such as homes, cars, appliances, furniture, and tools for example more sturdy so that they can be used by several generations at a time instead of lasting just for a very short time relatively, although people can still have jobs by remodeling and repairing those things. Also there should be some laws passed as far as how big of a home and how many cars each person can own and beyond a certain number and size people should be required to have a very good justification for it.

IMO

I'm a furniture restorer in my spare time and I like nothing better than returning an antique chair or table back to its best and save it from just beong burned or indeed being put into landfil.

Regards,

Reddstagg

That's very good that you restore furniture,

As I mentioned above if we can make things more sturdy and restore them so that they can be used by several generations over a long period of time that might help to prevent a lot of the natural resources from going to waste and to keep so much junk out of the landfills.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Those ideas make sense,

In another thread I had suggested to make everything such as homes, cars, appliances, furniture, and tools for example more sturdy so that they can be used by several generations at a time instead of lasting just for a very short time relatively, although people can still have jobs by remodeling and repairing those things. Also there should be some laws passed as far as how big of a home and how many cars each person can own and beyond a certain number and size people should be required to have a very good justification for it.

IMO

Good thinking. If we would be willing/able to adjust our mindset to make this the norm that would have a huge impact. I guess we should be done with biggering about things that don't matter, are trivial, and join each other in the quest to make earth great again. Pun intended :)

•••
Is 'save the earth' a lie? (according science or Trump?)

The world's biggest C02 polluters - Top 10 -

China (10,357 million metric tons/year)

20191028_world_polluters_16e11631b6a_original-ratio.jpg

USA (5,414 million metric tons/year)

20191028_world_polluters_16e11631fa1_original-ratio.jpg

India (2,274 Million metric tons)

20191028_world_polluters_16e11631bf4_original-ratio.jpg

Russia (1,617 million metric tons/year)

Japan (1,237 million metric tons)

Germany (798 million metric tons/year)

Iran (648 million metric tons/year)

Saudi Arabia (601 million metric tons/year)

South Korea (592 million metric tons/year)

Canada (557 million metric tons/year)

...'nuff said, you decide. :xf.confused:

https://gulfnews.com/photos/news/who-are-the-worlds-biggest-polluters-1.1572250802844?slide=1

•••
Good thinking. If we would be willing/able to adjust our mindset to make this the norm that would have a huge impact. I guess we should be done with biggering about things that don't matter, are trivial, and join each other in the quest to make earth great again. Pun intended :)

I personally am not 100% committed to any of the existing parties or ideologies, my policy is to support anyone or any group that wants to do good for the Humanity and our Home Planet and to criticize those who want to continue following their fanatical and flawed agendas of the past regardless of which political or other affiliations they might have.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Sorry the video I linked to was deleted. Here another one. Hope this does not get deleted too.

Just in case just Google "Planet of the Humans"

•••
•••
I personally am not 100% committed to any of the existing parties or ideologies, my policy is to support anyone or any group that wants to do good for the Humanity and our Home Planet and to criticize those who want to continue following their fanatical and flawed agendas of the past regardless of which political or other affiliations they might have.

IMO

That's why it's important to call a spade a spade. Although I don't expect much improvement in China and India (at least in the near future), having the US re-join the Paris Agreement will keep North America green and help European weather patterns. Expect upcoming cold winter spell very soon as the polar vortex split.

•••
apologies for the click bait title.

What I meant is that based on the movie it seems we have been bamboozled.

For example, we are told to wash and separate our plastics from our regular trash to save the Earth. Yet even then certain plastics need to be separated because they can't be recycled. This plastic use to be shipped to China because it was too expensive to process into something useful.

Until China started denying it.

Now the only way to make use of this unusable plastic is to burn it in furnaces for energy and yes that creates greenhouse gases.

As far as the Koch Brothers? These guys own Georgia Pacific. This company made money with it's paper products. I use to work in offices and always saw boxes of GP printer paper. Paper comes from trees. Paper printers will go the way of the Dodo when everything goes digital and the Koch Brothers own many forested lands in USA, and Canada. Forests they can cut down for profit. Biomass as fuel for power furnace is just a new market for the disappearing need for printing paper. Does the Koch Brothers lobby for "green sustainable green energy"? sure if it means they can find a new way to unload their trees.

Save the planet. Don't burn coal. Burn trees!?!?!?
The CO2 scrubbers of the Earth?

Really?

•••
•••
Of course the "Save the Earth" idea is used for their own purposes by many bad actors, but we should not use that as an excuse to *not* try and do things that lie within our power. Sorting trash is useless if it is then all carried to the same dump, but let's do it anyway (because eventually they may actually recycle it). Putting solar panels on the roof is expensive and the ROI is 7+ years but let's do it anyway (because in the long run it's beneficial to everyone). Cutting down on meat is hard but let's do it anyway (because that industry has a major negative impact on the planet). Taking a train instead of plane or car is less comfortable but let's do it anyway (because it's mass transit and significantly less pollutant than planes) Etc etc.

Huge companies are killing the planet for profits but they won't change anything as long as the money flows, the change must begin with us. Or rather, *me*. Because "us" dissolves the responsibility - "my wife doesn't drive a car, so *we* use half as much fuel as we would have". Well ok, so my wife has a pretty good carbon footprint, but what about *me*? It is understandable that many societies cannot afford these changes but let's not treat that as an excuse to do what *can* be done, by whom it *can* be done.

•••
The fact that you are talking about this is a good sign that shows that you have crossed over to the humanitarian and environmental way of looking at the World (if you weren't already).

Unfortunately with the Pandemic the Environmental issues have kind of been pushed to the back burner, but the good news is that because many people are staying home and traveling less there is now a lot less smog in the air.

As to the practicality of solar and wind energy I believe the answer is in having more efficient batteries that can store the energy that is produced by these sources.

IMO

Thanks. My reply to "efficient batteries that can store energy" faster and longer is simple.

Google "forever battery" and "vanadium battery"

Batteries using vanadium instead of sodium as the active ingredient in lithium batteries will mean faster charging without overheating of the battery.

Plus batteries that can retain a charge more efficiently and last longer.

With that said I suggest everyone to forget investing in lithium but instead in vanadium.

•••
You guys are awesome ❤️

Here is a song on the topic : )

•••
ALL energy on the Earth comes from the Sun. ... I strongly believe solar is the best source of energy for the future world and I hope we keep moving in this direction...

I agree solar is the best energy source... when its beamed down from solar satellites, as solar panels are quite toxic to make and dispose of.

And while I really like your post, "ALL energy on the Earth" does NOT come from the sun;

- Tidal energy comes from the moon
- Energy from batteries comes from the chemical decay of materials
- Nuclear (energy) isotopes in earth's mantle are older than the sun
- Deep-sea volcanic (geothermal) vents power ecosystems independent of the sun

•••
Hearing about harvesting energy from stars reminds me of Ancient Egyptian times and their pyramids
This sounds intriguing. Please continue...

•••
It’s just beliefs that I can not prove ..one thing is certain...a lot of knowledge has been lost through centuries

•••
some where built to align with Orion's belt - Osiris was one of their gods

Also I think some of the shafts in the Pyramids where lined up with certain stars

Edit:

My sister is a big believer in ancient civilisations having being contacted by Aliens - so the above is something she might of mentioned in one her many talks to me on the subject!!

Last edited:
•••
Paper comes from trees. Paper printers will go the way of the Dodo when everything goes digital ...

I remember Bill Gates said something similar going back about 20-years(?) ago - the paperless office.

Won't happen.

•••
No matter how “advance” we may think we are ....

•••
And while I really like your post, "ALL energy on the Earth" does NOT come from the sun;

- Tidal energy comes from the moon
- Energy from batteries comes from the chemical decay of materials
- Nuclear (energy) isotopes in earth's mantle are older than the sun
- Deep-sea volcanic (geothermal) vents power ecosystems independent of the sun

Ultimately the best source of power will be if we can tap directly into the gravitational and electromagnetic forces of Earth (or any other planet that we might be on in the future).

IMO

•••
Ultimately the best source of power will be if we can tap directly into the gravitational and electromagnetic forces of Earth (or any other planet that we might be on in the future).

IMO

...or fusion. We are about 20-30 years away from harnessing that.

•••
...or fusion. We are about 20-30 years away from harnessing that.

I all honesty we should have been able to develop many different clean sources of energy in the past 50 years, but unfortunately the research in these areas have been suppressed greatly for certain resaons.

IMO

•••
some where built to align with Orion's belt - Osiris was one of their gods

Also I think some of the shafts in the Pyramids where lined up with certain stars

Edit:

My sister is a big believer in ancient civilisations having being contacted by Aliens - so the above is something she might of mentioned in one her many talks to me on the subject!!

Stars is not just what I had in mind...I just know last person that worked on a pyramid was NIKOLA TESLA

•••
I all honesty we should have been able to develop many different clean sources of energy in the past 50 years, but unfortunately the research in these areas have been suppressed greatly for certain resaons.

IMO

I'm not sure that anything of this importance can be supressed.

Perhaps shelved for the time being, or stopped because it was a dead-end.

Can you give any examples?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back