Dynadot

Is register.com good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sky

Established Member
Impact
I currently have most of my regs with name.com, and migrated all but one from GoDaddy some months ago.

But now I want to reg some .info domains and register.com is much cheaper than GoDaddy and Name.com. Also, their interface (I didn't create an account, just clicked some buttons at the top) appears to be snappy and polished, and not noisy like GoDaddy, which is what initially drew me to name.com (and similarly what I liked about Google.com many years ago).

But now name.com has kind of dumbed down and noised up their interface and gotten that hyper-commercial 'feel' to it, and I'm interested in knowing which registrars have comparable or superior features, in terms of price, sophistication of the management tools, look and feel, etc...

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ugh, forget it. I just went through the process of trying to reg a .INFO at register.com and I couldn't even figure out how to do it. It's worse than GoDaddy. It didn't show me the .INFO I searched for and selected in the cart, but listed a .ORG, .CO and .something I didn't want at all, and had checked privacy, three years of renewal, all for $300+ when I just wanted a $2 .INFO reg. I canceled and will look for another registrar.

Recommendations welcome.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They regularly try to lure customers with deals on first year registrations.

But they count on making the money off you next year - if you forget to move out, you'll end up paying $35 to renew.

I don't have any domains there so I don't know what their interface is like.

You can't go wrong with some of the registrars that often get recommended on this forum, as they tend to be more "domanier-friendly". (bulk domain management, etc)

I personally like Namecheap and GoDaddy (yes they have a lot of clutter as you've found, but you can't beat their frequent promotions)

•••
Try Dynadot.

Easiest Registrar imho for 90% of things.

•••
for your request i suggest you XnYnZ.com for registering .INFO domain extension with $1.99 per year...easy to register goto the site select domain names->register domains it's shows you list of extensions with price/year...select the name for .info and order it...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back